PDA

View Full Version : 'live And Let Die' Problem

01-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

Everytime I download the James Bond movie 'Live and Let Die', I get a corrupt file.
I opened it with GSpot and it said 'Corrupt AVI Header'. The movie only plays in the Avi Preview or Divx Player for 30mins and stops. You can't fast forward or rewind the file (which is 699,969KB).

Does anyone know a link to working copy? Why do users share corrupt files? :frusty:

Darth Sushi
01-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 121@21 January 2004 - 20:14
Hi all,

Everytime I download the James Bond movie 'Live and Let Die', I get a corrupt file.
I opened it with GSpot and it said 'Corrupt AVI Header'. The movie only plays in the Avi Preview or Divx Player for 30mins and stops. You can't fast forward or rewind the file (which is 699,969KB).

Does anyone know a link to working copy? Why do users share corrupt files? :frusty:
Try different players. I have certain movies WMP refuses to play.

3RA1N1AC
01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by 121@21 January 2004 - 11:14
it's not necessarily a problem of people sharing corrupt files-- kazaa's lack of error-checking tends to introduce corruption by itself. a lot of file corruption is the fault of kazaa itself (and k-lite, even tho it is a better version of kazaa). sad but true... kazaa offers a great wealth of files to choose from, with lots of sources, but corruption is extremely common in large files on the network.

it sounds like the AVI index is broken, and there are prolly some corrupt frames in the movie. you can use DivFix to simply remove the corrupt frames and rebuild the AVI index... you'll end up with a movie that is missing a split-second of footage here & there (wherever the corruption occurred), but it should be much more playable.

if you're really dead set on finding a copy of the movie in perfect condition, you've got a better chance of doing that through bittorrent, edonkey or IRC, rather than kazaa.

01-22-2004, 01:35 AM
3RA1N1AC,

DivFix corrected the file :D