PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Lite

jucydenver
01-22-2004, 12:16 AM
I have been using kazaa lite for 18 months with no trouble.Over the past 2 weeks,it hangs all the time!I click to go from one section to another-it hangs.I click to go to a particular part-it hangs!
Can anybody PLEASE help me..driving me crazy!!
Thanks,
Cy

longboneslinger
01-22-2004, 02:04 AM
It&#39;s prob a corrupted .dat file <_< . Go to &#39;My Shared Folder&#39; and move all the files with the extension --&#62; .dat <-- to another folder. Put them back one at a time and restart Kazaa each time. It takes time, but you&#39;ll find the right one. Or just delete them all.

If that fails, just un-install/reinstall Kazaa. Go here (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=89052) for ERROR403&#39;s list of the best versions of K-Lite and the K-Lite codecs.

jucydenver
01-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks Longboneslinger&#33;Removal of the .dat files was the answer..
However...the craziness continues&#33;This,I think,has nothing to do with Kazaa(I think)but as soon as I removed the couple of .dat files I had,the "URL window"(the window in ehich you type the site you wish to access)in my Explorer disappeared.I have right-clicked like a demon but can&#39;t recover the window&#33;
I have got into this forum through "Favorites"-otherwise I&#39;d be stuck..
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you again,
Cy

longboneslinger
01-22-2004, 11:19 PM
By Explorer I guess yer talking about Internet Explorer? If so, try this. Go to View --&#62;Toolbars and make sure that &#39;Addressbar&#39; is checked. The addressbar is where the URL&#39;s are typed. If it has a check.....uncheck it, close IE, restart IE and recheck it. Your addybar should come back.