PDA

View Full Version : Superutilities 2003

skelley521
03-01-2003, 08:44 PM
http://members.rogers.com/khauyeung/SUPERUTL.HTM

I have heard of this, but find it hard to believe.
Someone 1 day posted a hash to this app., so I thought....what the heck.....
my gnutella app. has searched several days and..nothing.
says it is connecting to [email protected]
oh well, thought it would be worth a look any way.

So I was wondering if this is a 'fact or fiction' hash.
Any comments, let me know....

If it does happen to be true.....well........lets say I have a 'schweet' application that I would be willing to trade. I cannot put this app. on the gnutella because it contains personal information.....sorry
PM me...........
Cya,
steve

http://members.rogers.com/khauyeung/SUPERUTL.HTM

Wolfmight
03-02-2003, 02:29 AM
probably fake, or everyone would have it now

DataMore
03-02-2003, 02:36 AM
Gnutella? :blink:

Are you saying you don't use the FastTrack Network and K-Lite K++? :huh:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-02-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by DataMore@1 March 2003 - 18:36
Gnutella? :blink:

Are you saying you don't use the FastTrack Network and K-Lite K++? :huh:
Gnutella is part of the fasttrack network. Also, try searching manually for that file.

slammy_dunken
03-02-2003, 02:46 AM
it is a real file. khauyeung does NOT create fake stuff. his stuff doesnt spread fast. i have the super norton systemworks file and it took a while to get it off of edonkey. there is the 2002 version on edonkey too with a lot of sources, and i think i saw the 2003 version with just a few sources.

sleepnmojo
03-02-2003, 02:47 AM
Its true. Very nice cd. It has everything that the description states.
Don't use gnutella or gnutella 2, I had trouble looking for it there.
I was able to find this on an edonkey server. So you could try looking
there for a source, if you come up empty with the fastrack network

skelley521
03-02-2003, 03:12 AM
Thanks all,....yes I tried a manual search also....nothing....and I am using the new K-Lite 2.1 version.
Can I install edonkey with my K-Lite or should I uninstall.....I am trying to get my copy of easy.cd.dvd.creator.6.exe out there right now.....its been 2 days and finally there are about 4 people that have gotten it so far.....will leave it on for a few more days.

come back with the scoop on edonkey........

Thanks,
steve

slammy_dunken
03-02-2003, 03:27 AM
edonkey has no relation with klite. just get the setup file, install, and run. oh, and the donkey can be really slow.

lunatacs
03-02-2003, 03:39 AM
sounds like a fake, maybe now but its the first i am hearing about it

zapjb
03-02-2003, 06:48 AM
Gnuttella is NOT part of the FTN!

sleepnmojo
03-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by skelley521@2 March 2003 - 04:12
come back with the scoop on edonkey........

don't use edonkey, use emule, or one of its mods. It is slow, but that is mainly when you start out. They have a credit system, which kazaa was shooting for, but failed horribly in. It usually takes me a couple hours to get games, and such on emule, but i upload a lot compared to others. The downloads are checked for corruption, so you don't get any corrupted movies or games. Its nice. Lotta new people couldn't stand the speed, but i get slow people on both kazaa and emule. If you can stand it, then give it a try, otherwise stick with kazaa.

skelley521
03-02-2003, 08:32 AM
QUOTE:zapjb

Gnuttella is NOT part of the FTN!

If its not, then why do I get people from fileshare, grokster, and to my surprise a dude from Morpheus (had to cap. that one...started out there 2 yrs ago *grin)
downloading from me??

J'Pol
03-02-2003, 11:59 AM
looks like Pi$h to me. Even if it were true, what's the big deal. Why would anyone want this, other than to have it. You can already get everything you need.

Look at the "screenshot" at the bottom of the website. There are bit's of text missing (e.g.tops of letters cut off) and you can see where the creator has blurred to try and mask that it is a cut and paste image. Doesn't make me confident.

If such a file exists and I am not saying that it doesn't, I would neither download nor use it. To each his own though.

artmaster88
03-02-2003, 12:21 PM
it is a fake, just look at the cd-imgae, kinda reminds me of norton.....whatever it's called not the A/V though, system works maybe? FAKE SHIT!

Greetz,
KraZaka

zapjb
03-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Skelley go to Slyck.com & see for yourself. :)

sleepnmojo
03-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by artmaster88@2 March 2003 - 13:21
it is a fake, just look at the cd-imgae, kinda reminds me of norton.....whatever it's called not the A/V though, system works maybe? FAKE SHIT!
Read the damn page. He brings a bunch of software onto one disk, makes it multibootable. He modifies the autorun so it displays everything. Then he has a bootmenu which loads if you boot from the cd. He based it off norton utilities 2003, thats why it looks like that.

I would be happy to upload this on an ftp site or two if you dont believe me. If not i'll just pull my original post.

artmaster88
03-02-2003, 07:25 PM
well if it's real why can i not find it using kazaa? maybe if you have a hash i could see for myself. found it on donkey though. let's see what it's like when i'm done...

Greetz,
KraZaka

skelley521
03-02-2003, 10:38 PM
@zapjb , well the noobie guide in this forum says that it is a modified gnutella network... gnutella + supernodes...and the Sherman sold Morpheus the rights to use a modified version....still don't know where those fileshare and grokster users came from......hmmmm

supernodes :wub:

as for the superutilities, I still don't know....donwloading the 8in1 now @ 0.2 kb..*sniff

emule, edonkey??, 'been readin'....any other info., I would like to hear your opinions?? You can pm me if you want....dont want to get any arguments started.

Zeropaid says
eMule is a open source filesharing client which is based on the eDonkey2000 network but offers more features than the standard client.
But shareReac., has the direct links for edonkey...hmmm.....emule/edonkey use the same client?

I better read more.....brb :geek:

DataMore
03-02-2003, 10:54 PM
:D I posted the first reply and then forgot all about this! :D

Gnutella is a decentralized network just like the FastTrack Network, but they have different protocols.
When you read that FTN is a modified gnutella network + supernodes, it's just an analogy to show you that it works like gnutella (decentralized) and it uses supernodes to connect between users, hence being a better network.
In the beginning, Morpheus was a FastTrack client but then Sharman Networks kicked them out of the network and they were forced to find a new solution.
So Morpheus became a gnutella client. ;)

zapjb
03-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the verification DataMore. B)

slammy_dunken
03-03-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by artmaster88@2 March 2003 - 12:25
well if it's real why can i not find it using kazaa? maybe if you have a hash i could see for myself. found it on donkey though. let's see what it's like when i'm done...

Greetz,
KraZaka
READ THE FRIGGIN PAGE! I SAID THAT HIS STUFF IS HARD TO FIND! and use the donkey to get it. youll find it easier.

J'Pol
03-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by slammy_dunken+3 March 2003 - 01:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slammy_dunken @ 3 March 2003 - 01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--artmaster88@2 March 2003 - 12:25
well if it&#39;s real why can i not find it using kazaa? maybe if you have a hash i could see for myself. found it on donkey though. let&#39;s see what it&#39;s like when i&#39;m done...

Greetz,
KraZaka
READ THE FRIGGIN PAGE&#33; I SAID THAT HIS STUFF IS HARD TO FIND&#33; and use the donkey to get it. youll find it easier. [/b][/quote]
If the webpage looks like pi&#036;h it&#39;s reasonable to think that the file is pi&#036;h. Shouting doesn&#39;t help anyone.

You think we will accept this at face value, with that sort of attitude.

Caveat Emptor. Except there is no payment.

slammy_dunken
03-03-2003, 01:26 AM
looks arent everything u no. u dont no if the image is shrunken or not in ur first comment. it is a real file. khauyeung creates sum great multi-bootable iso&#39;s. he even teaches u how to make it too. (going off topic) did u change ur name, or was it like that b4?