PDA

View Full Version : 3ivx

zedd
01-22-2004, 09:49 AM
can someone tell me please which is the best media player to use for a movie with this in its description - Hulk.xl.3ivx.mov-MOV File-186,112 KB i am still downloading it. i downloaded a movie with a similar description yesterday and played it through videolan, but it was very 'sticky' so i made a few adjustments to the 3ivx configuration, but still the same or are there and adjustments i can make to the 'preferences' in the player. also is there a better version of the Divx player 2.5.2?

{I}{K}{E}
01-22-2004, 10:07 AM
try videolan or BSplayer

the mask
01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
as written above i did play it through videolan, and bs player wouldnt even play it

{I}{K}{E}
01-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by the mask@22 January 2004 - 10:49
as written above i did play it through videolan, and bs player wouldnt even play it
Are you only using 3ivx ?

you can try installing the codecpack which contains more codecs ;)

{I}{K}{E}

the mask
01-22-2004, 12:27 PM
sorry, i havent fully explained myself, yes i do have the full codec pack (kazaa lite codec pack). i have the bs player, Divx 2.5.2 player and videolan. i must also state when the movie had fully d/loaded from BT, the icon remained the same, i mean, yesterday i downloaded 'the italian job' and the download icon next to its description looks like the icon when you download something from kazaa and its still a dat file- so does that mean anything. i used G-Spot and that said i need the quicktime player, so idownloaded that, and of course that worked like the windows media player- better than going to the cinema!-lol. i hope i have explained myself a bit better

{I}{K}{E}
01-22-2004, 01:25 PM
then it's a quicktime movie file (.MOV) so you can't play it on a other player only on quicktime and on MPC (quicktime alternative)

{I}{K}{E}

the mask
01-22-2004, 01:32 PM
ok, thanks for your help, the quicktime player is crap, in future i wont download these types of movies! just one last thing please- changing the subject slightly, but next to my username i would like to put a small picture how do i do that. you have a picture of a woman- thats where i want to post my picture under my name - i mean. please write precise instructions please coz im thick

G2k1boy
01-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Well you can convert the .mov file to something else that'll play in the other media players.

{I}{K}{E}
01-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by the mask@22 January 2004 - 13:32
ok, thanks for your help, the quicktime player is crap, in future i wont download these types of movies! just one last thing please- changing the subject slightly, but next to my username i would like to put a small picture how do i do that. you have a picture of a woman- thats where i want to post my picture under my name - i mean. please write precise instructions please coz im thick
you should try Quicktime alternative ;)

the mask
01-22-2004, 02:34 PM
how can i convert the file into something else? and what is the alternative player, are you referring to MPC?

the mask
01-23-2004, 09:50 AM
how can i convert the .mov file into somthing else, what is the method for me to be able to play it in videolan for example?

geothermal78
01-23-2004, 10:29 AM
What I do is use WinMPG ( http://www.winmpg.com ) to convert my MOV files to AVI.. and TMPGEnc to convert everything else. ( http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html )

geothermal

the mask
01-23-2004, 11:18 AM
ok, i have installed quicktime player,WinMPG video converter, but everytime i load it up to convert, my windows pops up with a message saying WinMPGVideoConvert.exe has encuntered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Whats that all about? is it free software? if not how do i activate it?
edit, ok i have located winmpg v5.0 but it requires registration and a code number, maybe there is an older version that i can use to convert .mov files, i dont know is there? please can you post a link with a serial (PM) me. :D

geothermal78
01-23-2004, 08:48 PM
In winmpg v5.0, can you leave the code number blank ?

It is a trial version remember, so yes you have to register it.

As for the error message, "WinMPGVideoConvert.exe has encuntered a problem and needs to close."

1. How much RAM do you have on this computer ?

2. When you control-alt-delete and choose the task manager, what do you see in the bottom center of that window ?

It should show your cpu usage..... You might experiment with closing some running processes with task manager. And then try running the program again.

3. Run RegCleaner, defrag, clean out the caches and temp folders after you have restarted the computer. Then try the program again.

4. Post your results here with your computer specs....

5. good luck

geothermal