PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

pmbuzz
03-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Are there actually any files out there that actually work properly ?

Most movie files i have found to be ok. But games, apps, and others (especially games) i have found to be mostly corrupt.
Case in point : I downloaded Battlefield 1942 cd1 and cd2, mounted with Daemon tools would not install due to errors. Ran through CDmage and found 4 errors on cd1 and 12 on cd2, "fixed" and tried to install again. This time no joy due to "CRC" errors, deleted both .bins.

This happens time and time again.

Is there not a list of "verified" (and i mean properly verified and checked thoroughly) files around?

I mean you call it a "verified" list but it's not really is it?

I may be way off the mark here or just unlucky, I don't know.

Input please.
Thanks.

[BuZz]

Lamsey
03-01-2003, 09:13 PM
LOOK AROUND THE BOARD!
There are 4 forums with 'verified' lists in them.

Plus there are hundreds of topics with links to 'verifieds' sites.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-01-2003, 09:15 PM
.... It's your problem. Sorry, but thats all I can say. When you were DL'ing the corrupted files, that usually means you were/are unlucky or that the person you were DL'ing from had a corrupted version. If we post it in the verifieds, its verified as working on that computer. It's not guaranteed to work on all computers. If you really want non-corrupted stuff, the place to go is either Edonkey or EMule.

P.S. If I sound negative, please don't take it that way :)

Bender
03-01-2003, 09:19 PM
That's the risk you take for being illegal.
If you want to be 100% sure the software works all the time you can buy it.

lunatacs
03-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Shinigami

smooth, very smooth
hearing bad news from you, its like..almost good news :P :D :)

pmbuzz
03-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@1 March 2003 - 22:13
LOOK AROUND THE BOARD!
There are 4 forums with 'verified' lists in them.

Plus there are hundreds of topics with links to 'verifieds' sites.
Yes, Lamsey.

Thank's for pointing out the obvious.

Lamsey
03-01-2003, 10:49 PM
It's what I'm good at... :unsure:

The Great Dude
03-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Shinigami@1 March 2003 - 13:15
If you really want non-corrupted stuff, the place to go is either Edonkey or EMule.

P.S.  If I sound negative, please don't take it that way :)
Converting already Shinigami? :P :lol: If something is corrupted in Emule it has to redownload the part, not the whole file.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Converting...? :o no no no! That's only if you REALLY REALLY want it! :lol: heh, this is the place to be :D :D

J'Pol
03-01-2003, 10:56 PM
I have never downloaded a file, using a verified sig from this board, which was not what it claimed to be. They have all worked. This includes movies, software, misic and games. Maybe I'm just lucky.

If I ever did I would post in the relevant thread. It has not happened yet and I hope it never will.

Is this just more Rabble Rousing, it's becoming more common. How many times have you actually used the sigs here to download things.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Seems like more Rabble Rousing. There are other threads that are similar to this that pop up every other week or so... It's just pointless really. ;)

J'Pol
03-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Shinigami@2 March 2003 - 00:03
Seems like more Rabble Rousing. There are other threads that are similar to this that pop up every other week or so... It's just pointless really. ;)
I have nothing against new users. Occasional sarcasm at stupid questions, but it's normally the apples talking.

However someone joining and almost immediately saying (I paraphrase) you don't really verify your verifieds do you. Is just insulting and impertinent. Basically calling the posters of verified sigs liars.

You have to ask, are they just trying to cause tension. Why.

McDagoWop
03-02-2003, 12:54 AM
Well...you get what you play for.......I get the same results....at times........but in the end I have assembled quite a collection that I would not have been able to afford otherwise. I'm staying.

J'Pol
03-02-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by McDagoWop@2 March 2003 - 01:54
Well...you get what you play for.......I get the same results....at times........but in the end I have assembled quite a collection that I would not have been able to afford otherwise. I'm staying.
The name is offensive.

No doubt you meant it for effect.

You are an Arse

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-02-2003, 01:03 AM
If you guys are going to argue, start it in another thread please. :) I don't know the whole issue here but the only thing I recognize is "Wop" which I think its known to be an offensive name toward Italians but I don't know the origins of it... ;)

edit: typo

J'Pol
03-02-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@2 March 2003 - 02:03
If you guys are going to argue, start it in another thread please.  :)  I don't know the whole issue here but the only thing I recognize is "Wop" which I think its known to be an offensive name toward Italians but I don't know the origins of it... ;)

edit: typo
It is deliberately offensive.

SuperJude™
03-02-2003, 01:15 AM
Okay it means "Without Papers" or so they say. May be an Urban myth and all, but I'm part Italian and raised Roman Catholic and all, so need to be insensitive right?

:)

-SJ™

J'Pol
03-02-2003, 01:21 AM
Let me put this as simply as possible. The person using the name which I object to is a prick. The name is offensive and is only designed to hurt other people. If that is the type of shite we are atracting here then we are doing something wrong.

This is a bad day for this forum.

SuperJude™
03-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Then again, it's like the analogy of black dudes calling themselves nigga. If dude is Italian and got pride in that then more power to him.

-SJ™

CornerPocket
03-02-2003, 01:38 AM
This post is not leading to positive comments, therefore it will be closed. We don't need to start another riot against each other.