PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Text Editor

Ynhockey
01-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Please tell me if there's a text editor with the following requirements...

a) Quick-loading (like Notepad or just a little slower, NOT like DW or CSE validator)
b ) Not so many (if any) useless options (not clutterred interface)
c) HTML syntax highlighting
d) Ability to set tab size

So far i've used Notepad and Ultraedit, but i don't know of a way to set tab size in UEdit, which is very important to me...

I've also tried ConText but it didn't fit ( b ).

Please tell me of one :) thx.

P.S. I'm sure this has been asked before, but in the old topics there are so many 'recommended' editors, that it would be nearly impossible to try out all of them... plus i won't be able to tell if i like it immediately.

I.am
01-22-2004, 04:01 PM
EditPad Lite Pro (http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadpro.html) might be something that will come in handy.

I am not sure whether it has an ability to set tab size.

Ynhockey
01-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Thx :) It's just what i was looking for (and it can set tab size)...

Now, i wonder where i get the full (Pro) version... i'll search KLite and SR.

Thx :)

I.am
01-22-2004, 09:20 PM
You are welcome. :) Klite, emule might be places to look. :)

Ynhockey
01-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Thx a lot :) this thing is great, it kicks UltraEdit32 to the moon and back in just about all categories.

I found the prog on the eDonkey network (very slow download :( ), but did get it in the end.

Speaking of which, I haven't been able to find any semi-popular software on KLite lately. No matter what I look for, it never returns anything... examples are: BadCopy Pro, DVD X Rescue, this one (EditPad Pro) and a lot more i can't remember.

Seems like FT is going down the drain :( so said, it was always my favourite network despite the large amount of fakes, mislabeled files, and leechers.

I.am
01-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Same thing here :( It is sad to see the end of FT Network this way :(

Its much harder to find any good softwares on klite.

DWk
01-24-2004, 01:19 AM
I use EditPlus - amazing - I use it for programming and reading .nfo and lots of other stuff :D