PDA

View Full Version : Rip Dvd's Program

powerstick
01-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Where can I find a free dvd ripping program that converts them to divx without showing all the files and stuff? Ex: Convert e:/waterworld (DVD Drive) to c:/waterworldDivx.avi or whatever format) Pm Me or message, or reply to forum. Thanks

toddiscool
01-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Unfortunatley in order to a dvd properly there is two steps, there maybee a program out there that will do it in one click, but the right way is not that difficult.

My suggested way is to simply get smart ripper, google it, it is free. Rip the dvd (that is where you are going to get all the files, .vob)

then get yourself dr.divx, you should be able to find that on suprnova, it is not free. Open the first vob with dr.divx, and encode. That is as easy as it gets, or as easy as it needs to get.

If you have alot of time on your hands, you may want to read up on gordon Knott's method. you can find all about this on dvdrhelp.com, cannot give direct link because the site is framed. I do not liek this method but members on here that know a whole lot more about this stuff than I do swear by it, so it has to be good.

AndrewBarker
01-23-2004, 10:13 AM
verified link for 'Dr divX' if you want it
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=65919&hl=divx

Robert00000
01-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by powerstick@23 January 2004 - 06:37
Where can I find a free dvd ripping program that converts them to divx without showing all the files and stuff? Ex: Convert e:/waterworld (DVD Drive) to c:/waterworldDivx.avi or whatever format) Pm Me or message, or reply to forum. Thanks
There are software available for this method, but i wouldnt recommend them because you would need to keep the dvd in the dvd drive for 10 hours or more (depending on your system spec), which would greatly shorten the life of the drive.

That why these software arent that popular. I would suggest you follow toddiscool's method.

powerstick
01-27-2004, 07:46 AM
I found a free adwear and spyware free ripper. It has just about one click dvd ripping. It autoadjust to the specs it sees best. The only thing you have to do is type in the file size and the rest of the controls are just clicking. It does everything I have ripped in exelent quality DivX. I have ripped 8 dvd's so far. The only blurry aspect that I had was with 007- Die Another Day which is 2.07 hours long. I set the file size to 500 mb. The quality is great but little blur in full screen mode. I have a 19 inch viewable flat panel lcd. I would recomend this program to anyone.

http://fairuse.free.fr/index.html

thisiswhoweare
01-27-2004, 10:20 AM
give autogordianknot a shot