PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

creamer
01-23-2004, 02:19 PM
4 some reason when im on a site i save pictures but when i want to look at them it says no preview available, this is a fooookin pain in the arse. :D

is there anyone out there :blink: to help

4th gen
01-23-2004, 02:21 PM
try opening the pictures in another app like mspaint or photoshop...

did you let the pictures load completely before you saved them?

what site are you trying to save from?

shn
01-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by creamer@23 January 2004 - 08:19
4 some reason when im on a site i save pictures but when i want to look at them it says no preview available, this is a fooookin pain in the arse. :D

is there anyone out there :blink: to help
Maybe they dont want you taking their images....................muhahahahahhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/lamer.gif

fkdup74
01-23-2004, 03:51 PM
i'm guessin you dont have the option to save as jpeg? only bitmap?
happened to me before, if i remember right all i had to do was
clean out IE (cookies, files, history, and maybe reset web settings)

B)

creamer
01-25-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@23 January 2004 - 15:51
i'm guessin you dont have the option to save as jpeg? only bitmap?
happened to me before, if i remember right all i had to do was
clean out IE (cookies, files, history, and maybe reset web settings)

B)
when i try to open it in paint it says its not a valid bitmap file or the format is not supported. ill try resetting my web settings..................................................................when i eventually log off :P

I.am
01-25-2004, 07:39 AM
right click on the file go to properties and see what the file type is and let us know just to have a better idea.

creamer
01-26-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by I.am@25 January 2004 - 07:39
right click on the file go to properties and see what the file type is and let us know just to have a better idea.
from what ive got in my picture folder, it wont open jpegs and gif files, but i already have some jpegs in the same folder that are jpegs that i can open :blink:

I.am
01-26-2004, 10:23 AM
ummm you checked the properties of the file and the extention was jpg? can you confirm the extension just once more of that file. :D

cselik
01-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by creamer+26 January 2004 - 02:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creamer @ 26 January 2004 - 02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@25 January 2004 - 07:39
from what ive got in my picture folder, it wont open jpegs and gif files, but i already have some jpegs in the same folder that are jpegs that i can open :blink: [/b][/quote]
how did you save the pics anyway?
right click or save page as or how?

best way is to look at html source and try entering url of the pic only.

heres a test for you: whats the format of the following pic?

http://cselik2.freeweb.hu/arcom.html

D!mensio_x
01-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Which programs do you use to open the pictures with????

I use both MGI photosuite and Coreldraw 8. Sometimes when I dwnload pictures from the web, it happens that I can&#39;t open them up in MGI photosuite. However I can open them up in Coreldraw 8. When I save the pictures in Coreldraw 8, they can be opened again in MGI photosuite without a problem. <_<

Just try some other programs, than the ones you are currently using.

creamer
01-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by D&#33;mensio_x@26 January 2004 - 10:31

I use both MGI photosuite and Coreldraw 8. Sometimes when I dwnload pictures from the web, it happens that I can&#39;t open them up in MGI photosuite. However I can open them up in Coreldraw 8. When I save the pictures in Coreldraw 8, they can be opened again in MGI photosuite without a problem. <_<

thats the easy option though :D i had my standard shit with xp and everything was allright when saving and opening pics and now its fucked.

i will get to the bottom of this :P

Kevhead2
01-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Use Opera 7. Click File, Click Save as.. after its page is saved you should be able to see and copy all images.

This does not work with explorer 6

creamer
01-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Kevhead2@26 January 2004 - 14:10
Use Opera 7. Click File, Click Save as.. after its page is saved you should be able to see and copy all images.

This does not work with explorer 6
what is opera, some kind of server or sommet :blink:

creamer
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by D&#33;mensio_x@26 January 2004 - 10:31

i gave up, it wont open in paint and it wont open in word, pissin me off :angry:

D!mensio_x
01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Does this problem happen to you on every website or on one (or a few) sites in particular??? And what site is it???

Nightwolf
02-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Have you tried ACDSee? If it&#39;s an image file, that&#39;ll open it. And you still haven&#39;t told us the website you&#39;re trying to get them from. That would certainly make it easier for someone to help you. If you don&#39;t want to post it here, PM it to someone you trust.