PDA

View Full Version : Disapearing Downloads

whatisfree
01-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi
I have recently moved up to XP. I save the shared folder with all partial and new downloads in to a cdrw, reloade kazaa lite then transferred all the d/loads back.

I have accessed K Lite a couple of times since and when the files are complete they seem to disappear!!

Any ideas anyone?

Do I need a patch for XP

Ken

MUSLEMAN
01-23-2004, 08:58 PM
you need to put the shared folder in the exact place it was before or change path in the dat files with k-dat go here to learn how (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=72986&hl=change+path)

whatisfree
01-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi Mate
Thanx for the prompt reply

I'll try your link and get back later

Ken

MUSLEMAN
01-23-2004, 09:34 PM
np boss, you can read the faq for more details

ZeroTolerance
01-24-2004, 12:01 AM
you need to try it right now before it disappears(the link that is) :lol: :lol:

whatisfree
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi Muselman

I checked the path off all dat's and found that they wereoriginall in c:\programs\kazaalite\shared folder. Have relocated the folder to the original as I had shoved it in a partion. Hopefully this will do the trick. Will keep ya posted.

Cheers

ken

MUSLEMAN
01-27-2004, 06:18 AM
if you put a folder named my shared folder in that exact path you will see the files.

or you can just change thier path to the new shared folder

whatisfree
01-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi Muselman

Update from last night. Finished a download (MP3), couldn't find it in the sgared folder. Before I ranted I checked the file size, opened the shared folder and found a file similar in size, double clicked and the track burst forth on Media Player, saved the file from there! Any ideas as to why the track failed to change from a dat file to an mp3??

Ken

MUSLEMAN
01-27-2004, 06:39 PM
if the path is different that would be one, another common one is sometimes when we use a program to preview a file, even tho we are done and close the program, that program is still using that file without us knowing, and that also can stop it from changing, with those normally if you reboot pc it should take care of it,

you can always rename the file to what it should be like flag.mpe or hulk.avi

whatisfree
01-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi

The PC has been rebooted but still says .dat file type, tried to rename it but can't seem to change extension.

path for shared folder is as original was, silly glitch, will try different things and post bak

Ken

whatisfree
01-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Found the glitch about not being able to change extension. Had forgotten that extensions were hidden in folder options, have rectified this and spanked self lol

Ken

MUSLEMAN
01-28-2004, 10:06 AM
great job boss :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatisfree
01-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Hi Muselman
A friend of mine at work thinks there might be a hidden folder in the shared folder which has info about all downloads. I checked the folder but there is only one other type of file which has .kpl as it's extension. Looked at this file and it has a few d/l in it but nowhere near as many as I would expect.

If I have fecked this file up , if it is the one I need. (?) Can I repair it.

Ken