PDA

View Full Version : The Ring: Us V Japanes

larsson is god
03-02-2003, 02:34 AM
I'm currently downloading the new hollywood version of The Ring and a friend is giving me the original japanese film on monday. I was wondering if there was anyone who has seen both versions and if so, which one do they recommend watching first. I've heard the japanese version is scarier and ultimately a much better film, but if i watch the US first I might spoil the original for myself but if i watch the original i might not enjoy the new film as much.

Please someone help me before my head explodes

Ciao

TJX
03-02-2003, 02:45 AM
I think that when it comes to re-makes and stuff it's always better to see the original first....thats my opinion.

danne
03-02-2003, 02:49 AM
As I said in the thread nikkid posted. if you liked the us remake, you will find that the japanese original is better and DEFINITLY have a better atmosphere in the original.(which they, IMHO have missed in the remake)

So, again. If you watch the japanese version, at least see part one and two. if you are going to watch all three, WATCH part ZERO (yes 0) LAST, otherwise you have spoiled the movie.

If you ask me, the remake is ok, but not even close to the original.

puremindmatters
03-02-2003, 07:17 AM
I watched it the other way round - first the US version, and then the Japanese original, but I wished I'd done it the other way round.
Although I have to say, the US version is still a good movie, and it is certainly always more difficult to follow subs and take in the whole atmosphere at the same time.

googledancer
03-02-2003, 02:37 PM
the jap version is better and moreb simple to understand ,has anyone seen the korean version?

puremindmatters
03-02-2003, 03:57 PM
There is a Korean version? Didn't know that. Just found out that there was a Ringu 2 (released the same year), which I haven't seen yet either.

At.am
03-02-2003, 06:03 PM
my friend said that the american verison was better made that the jap version. i haven't seen the jap version but i liked the american version, everything tied in together realli good

3RA1N1AC
03-02-2003, 09:06 PM
just to satisfy anyone's curiosity, these are the "ring" movies and television productions that i've heard of:

movies:
ringu (japan, 1998)
rasen (japan, 1998 - "loop," a parallel story to ringu released simultaneously to theaters)
ringu 2 (japan, 1999)
ringu 0 (japan, 2000)

tv series:
ringu - kanzenban (japan, 1995)
ringu - saishuushou (japan, 1999)
rasen - the series (japan, 1999)

remakes:
ring virus (korea, 1999)
the ring (u.s., 2002)

puremindmatters
03-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Found and downloaded Ringu 2 - and posted it in the verifieds, if anyone is interested.

"The Avatar Man"
03-04-2003, 12:09 PM
I didn&#39;t like either <_<

orig_ttd
03-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Iam going to see the "Hollywood" version of current movie.. I havenīt see the Japanese version, but Iīve heard that it is much more better than this new one.
Even though, I enjoyed the trailer (not story) and that why I want to SEE it. :ph34r:

I tell you my experiences after Iīve seen it.

Till next time&#33;

Fletch
03-05-2003, 02:45 PM
I&#39;d probably say that the original is superior in as much as it is an original - having said that i thought the US version was far scarier (FAR&#33;). But i don&#39;t think this will be completely lost on you if you watch the Jap version first.

thisiswhoweare
03-07-2003, 11:30 AM
I liked the japanese one better...better acting im afraid. The whole suspense of the baddie is ruined in the new remake. And parts of the original is stupidly changed to involve horses....phisshh.

sred2003
03-08-2003, 06:55 AM
another thing they changed for the US version that caught my
attention, was the role of her boyfriend(ex-husband whatever).
in the original jap version, the guy was pimping the helll out of
the girl (in so many words) she couldnt do anything without him
and he even slapped her around like our movies did back in the 50&#39;s.
the U.S. version made the women the more stable and strong single
mother. and the husband was a deadbeat dad/ slash sorta scumbag
bangin his student teacher assistant. makes you think.

emetiby
03-08-2003, 06:52 PM
e crawling out scene was soooo much more scarier in the original one. it looked rather amateurish and that made it even more realistic... the US version tried to explain things a little more, but yeah the horse bit was rather silly.

thisiswhoweare
03-08-2003, 07:19 PM
obviously that horse wasnt a pedigree one or even a good one at that... im sure a horse could have easily jumped over that height. :lol:

amateurish?&#33;?&#33;? try saying that if it happens to you.....me id be cacking myself.

emetiby
03-09-2003, 02:47 AM
nah wat i meant was the filming was made to look amateurish on purpose.. which made it even more scarier&#33;

thisiswhoweare
03-09-2003, 03:03 PM
sorta gives it a blair witch feel to it....

strangely enough, i hated blair witch, but the ring is one of the best films ive seen.

GhostDog
03-11-2003, 10:20 PM
The ring is just a great story. I like both vers. I think I enjoyed the us vers more as I got in it as there was no subs to read. Ring 0 is a really good movie its a lot sadder than the rest.

Have yous seen "the eye" good movie too a bit like the ring&#33;

thisiswhoweare
03-12-2003, 01:29 AM
whats it about?&#33;?&#33;

Krisman
03-12-2003, 03:17 AM
I had no idea that the ring was a remake of Japanese film although I should&#39;ve known better than to think that we Americans could have come up with something cool like that.
Does anyone have a hash for Rasen because I didn&#39;t find it in a kazaa search and I didn&#39;t find it in a search of sharereactor either. Found Ringu and Ringu 2 on Kazaa and Ringu 0 on E-Mule.

thisiswhoweare
04-14-2003, 02:19 PM
bit late i know, but rasen can be found on emule also. Try searching for "spiral".

Don&#39;t download the one with two parts as i got corrupted parts time and time.

Knoxville
04-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Watch the Japanese version first because it is much scarier and better then the USA version.