PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Xbox Soft-Mod Tutorial

slimboyfatz
01-24-2004, 12:25 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9090/softmod_header.jpg

**DISCLAIMER**
Even though this Hack is pretty much fool-proof, You do so at your own risk!

Please read the FAQ at the end of this Tutorial.

Also read 'Xbox Backup Burning Guide' at end of Mod Tutorial

Equipment Needed:
1. XBOX version 1.0/1.1 (with the 4920 Dashboard)
2. Original copy of '007 - Agent Under Fire'
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6130/agent.jpg
3. Action Replay for XBOX
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6132/action1.jpg
4. Official 'Microsoft' Memory Card
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6049/memory1.jpg
5. Mordens Audio Hack 007 V.3

You only need items 6 and 7 below if you intend on
FTP'ing into your XBOX!!

6. Ethernet PCI Card 10/100Mbps
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9054/ethernet.jpg
7. Ethernet Crossover Cable (CAT 5 / RJ45)
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2986/xover.jpg
Now to the juicy part....Hacking that XBOX!!!!

STEP 1. Install the Action Replay card reader and Software to your PC (you need a USB port in the back!)

STEP 2. Insert your MS Memory Card into the Card Reader..Windows will detect this as a new device, Just follow
the information it gives you (You may need to insert your Action Replay CD-ROM again).

STEP 3. Unrar 'Mordens Audio Hack' and take out 'BondSave.zip'...Open the Action Replay program and then
Drag & Drop the 007 Gamesave onto the Memory Card window..Hey presto! The gamesave is on your Memory card.

STEP 4. Insert your Memory Card into your Controller and boot up your Xbox. Then go to Memory and Copy the 007
Gamesave from you MC to the XBOX Hardrive. Take out your Memory Card.

STEP 5. Insert you copy of 'Agent Under Fire'. Select Start Mission, Then Exit that mission. Go to Load Mission and Load the 007 Gamesave from your Harddrive.
And if all is well you will see the 'Phoenix Bios Loader' image then the new 'MXM' Dashboard will Boot up!!!

STEP 6. When MXM has loaded Press B to goto the Audio Exploit section (without this you cannot run backups etc...)
Press A to Install it and then A again to Confirm. When that is done it should return to MXM.

**PLEASE NOTE** You only need to follow these next steps
if you want to install Games straight to your XBOX harddrive.
You can stop here if all you want to do is play CDRW/DVDRW backups.

STEP 7. To FTP into your XBOX you will need to connect your Crossover Cable (CAT5) from your Ethernet Card in your PC to the Ethernet Port in the back of the XBOX.
To FTP files to and from PC to XBOX you will need some FTP software. I recommend CUTE FTP (http://www.cuteftp.com/).
Once installed goto the Site Manager and enter the following details

FTP Host Address - 192.168.0.3
User Name - xbox
Password - xbox
FTP Port - 21

STEP 8. Connect through CUTE FTP to your XBOX and you should now see in the Right-Hand window the inside of your XBOX...You should see these Drives:

C,D,E,F,G (and maybe X and Y)

STEP 9. If you want to Install Games, Applications and Emulators to your XBOX you will need to put them onto the E drive.
You can install to the F drive if your Xbox will allow you to format it.

Good Luck and Happy Soft-Modding!!

XBOX Backup Burning Guide -

Note: I am assuming you have a Version 1.0 - 1.1 XBOX and using CD/RW

1.Download a Program called Extract-XISO
2.Add your Downloaded game to Extract_XISO, Yes you may say that the game you just downloaded was an ISO..But its better to change it to the proper XBOX format (XISO).
3.Grab a copy of NERO 6 (Burning Software)
4.Go into 'Burn Image' in NERO and Locate your XISO (ie. Halo.xiso)
5.Now make sure the Settings are as follows -
a - Tick the 'Finalize CD (No further writing possible)' box.
b - In 'Write Method', Choose 'Disc At Once'.
c - And always try and choose the lowest 'Write Speed'...1x or 2x, Even though I have Burnt at 4x and 8x with No problems!!
6.Now Hit the 'Burn' button and away you go!

**A Few small points regarding CDRW Media to use, I have the Samsung Drive fitted (this drive is really not fussy what it plays)...But I can guarantee that these types of Media work 100% with this specific Drive -

Packard Bell CDRW 700MB 4x 10x Compatible
Memorex CDRW 700MB 1x 4x Compatible.

**Be Warned..the Thomson and Phillips DVD Drives installed in other XBOX can be very particular about what Backup Media they will play!!

FAQ -

Q. Do i need the 4920 Dash, or will any Dashboard do?
A. Yes you need 4920, the Exploit only works with this version. Visit Xbox-Scene Forum (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php) for help on upgrading or downgrading your Dashboard.

Q. How do i find out what Version of Xbox I have?
A. Take a look here http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions_0.php

Q. How do I find out what Version of Dashboard I have?
A. Power up your Xbox, Goto Settings, System Info, then wait for the Microsoft information to scroll down. At the bottom you will see something like this:
K:1.00.4817.01
D.1.00.XXXX.01
XXXX is your Dashboard version.

Q. I have an Older Dashboard version, which Live enabled Games will Update my Dashboard to 4920?
A. Splinter Cell, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Moto GP, MX Superfly, Capcom Vs SNK 2, Whacked!, NFL 2003, NBA 2003, NHL 2003, Star Wars KOTOR...and more!

Q. Do all available Xbox Live Games update my Dash to 4920?
A. NO! Live enabled games after Aug/Sept 2003 will Update your Dash Higher than 4920...Avoid games such as..XIII, Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow 6-Raven Shield...and more!

Q. Can I use a Backup of 'Agent Under Fire' to run the Exploit?
A. No! Only an Original copy will work. There has also been rumours of the Platinum versions not working as Microsoft may have fixed the error within the game.

Q. Can I use an Action Replay memory card?
A. No! This make of Memory Card seem to corrupt the Gamesave. Use the Offical Microsoft one.

Q. Where can I get 'Mordens Audio Hack' from, I cant find it anywhere?
A. Have a search round on 'Google' (http://www.google.com) and check out some of the Xbox Utility sites, or search Xbins on IRC.
You will find it!!

Q. What exactly comes packaged inside this 'Audio Hack'?
A. The Hack comes in 2 parts
1.The 007 Gamesave which crashes the console and lets you access the MXM Dashboard.
2.The Audio Exploit which enables you to run unsigned code.

Q. What exactly can I run on my Soft-Modded Xbox?
A. Pretty much anything (backups, movies, emulators, media players, homebrew games).

Q. Can I still Rip CD's after installing the Exploit?
A. Yes you can.

Q. Where do i store all the games and apps on my Xbox?
A. You install them to the E drive.

Q. I have heard you can Format the F drive and gain an extra 2 gigs, is that true?
A. Yes and No, It all depends on what Version Xbox you have. If your Xbox allows it, you can easily Format your F drive from within CuteFTP.

Q. Do the Xbox Live 2.0 enabled games automatically update my Dashboard?
A. No! Your Dashboard will only be Updated if you Hit the Live Tab or connect to Xbox Live.

Q. What are the advantages of Backing up my Xbox C drive, once I can FTP in?
A. The main advantage is that you have an Untouched copy of the 4920 Dashboard stored on your PC, which comes in handy if you accidentely Update your Dashboard with say a Live 2.0 enabled game.

Q. If I did Update my Dashboard to a version higher than 4920 which files would I need to take from my PC back onto my Xbox? And how do I do it?
A. You would need to FTP back in to your Xbox and Delete the xboxdashdata folder and the xboxdash.xbe file from your Xbox HD. Then you would need to Upload the xboxdashdata folder and xboxdash.xbe from your PC back onto your Xbox. Then your Dashboard is back to the 4920 version, Simple as that!

Q. What is the MXM Dashboard actually all about, is it similar to the Evo-X Dash I have heard about?
A. It is similar to Evo-X but contains many more features, Read more about it here What is MXM? (http://johny6killa.home.mchsi.com/this_is_mxm.htm)

Q. Once i have installed the MXM Dashboard, can I set it as the Default dash?
A. Yes you can, replacing the MS Dash. Take a look here on how to do it MXM Default Dash guide (http://johny6killa.home.mchsi.com/install_as_default_dash.htm)

Big shout out to Members of the Xbox-Scene Forums for sterling advice on loads of modding questions....and to Morden for a fantastic Audio Hack!

Rip The Jacker
01-24-2004, 04:37 AM
Excellent guide slimboyfatz. Too bad my Xbox isn't 1.0/1.1, damn... :(

Evil Gemini
01-24-2004, 05:27 AM
Well Good Luck and Happy Soft-Modding!!!  ;)

That smiley really cracks me up :lol:

Nice guide btw :) I just need an xbox now

cpt_azad
01-24-2004, 09:54 AM
shit, somebody pls for the love of god PIN this, it's a really damn good guide. guess what? just finished soft-modding my xbox :D :D :D :D :D :D , and i've successfully put halo onto the xbox hdd (so i can play straight off the hard drive), i'll get rid of it (halo) and replace it with something more better, i just put halo on to see if it works as it was the closest game my hand could reach :lol: , really damn good tutorial, now i don't need a stupid mod chip. thank you so freaking much slimboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

slimboyfatz
01-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@24 January 2004 - 05:37
Excellent guide slimboyfatz. Too bad my Xbox isn't 1.0/1.1, damn... :(
Hey, Hey now I never said that u couldnt use a higher version XBOX (i.e 1.3/1.4)...I just said that I had a 1.1 XBOX (at least i think i did?!?!).........What is really of most importance is the 4920 Dashboard as described in the tut...

Im guessing you have maybe a 1.4/1.5 XBOX so your Dash version would be a little higher??? In that case you would have to downgrade your dash...but as I stated in the tut, I would get so more advice about doing this...Visit Xbox-scene and click on the Forum link (there is some really golden advice there..trust me..just search for it)..

Your cause is not lost....Im 99% sure you can still run this Exploit if ya can just get that 4920 Dash version....Good Luck!!! ;)

slimboyfatz
01-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@24 January 2004 - 10:54
shit, somebody pls for the love of god PIN this, it's a really damn good guide.  guess what? just finished soft-modding my xbox  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D , and i've successfully put halo onto the xbox hdd (so i can play straight off the hard drive), i'll get rid of it (halo) and replace it with something more better, i just put halo on to see if it works as it was the closest game my hand could reach  :lol: , really damn good tutorial, now i don't need a stupid mod chip.  thank you so freaking much slimboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Did u have everything at hand like I described in the Tutorial??? Lucky bugger!!!
I had to go out and pretty much buy everything (except the Xbox).....It was worth it though....and all in all if u do own an Xbox, everything else you buy amounts to around the same price as a Mod-Chip.... :o

And thanx for the appreciation!!! ;)

CadeLaguana
01-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Man this sounds good. I'm going to talk to my brother about this and see what we can do. I'll have him pick up that action replay, and his step son has agent under fire(thank god). I have the rest of the hardware I need. All I need now is that action replay. Man if this works Slimboyfatz, I'll have your kids.

slimboyfatz
01-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana@24 January 2004 - 18:21
Man this sounds good.  I'm going to talk to my brother about this and see what we can do.  I'll have him pick up that action replay, and his step son has agent under fire(thank god).  I have the rest of the hardware I need.  All I need now is that action replay.  Man if this works Slimboyfatz, I'll have your kids.
Yeah u just need the ActionReplay for the Card Reader and the CD (Software)...I think it comes bundled with an AR Memory Card...But as I said in the tut..they are Grade A Shit!!! :blink:

Note-If the Microsoft Memory Card is a little pricey for people...I have heard of people having great results with the 'Madkatz' Memory Cards...And they're a lot cheaper too...Have Fun!!! ;)

About the Kids thing CadeLaguana...I'll give it a miss m8..I have 3 of my own already....Just think if you had Triplets...Id have to hold down at least 2 jobs then...LOL :lol: :lol:

Rip The Jacker
01-25-2004, 02:05 AM
My Xbox dash version is 5969 (or was it 5659).

So, from what I've learned at the Xbox Scene Forums, in order to downgrade to 4920, I have to find the 4920 files (xboxdas.xbe, xodash, and xboxdashdata) and replace my current Xbox dash files with those. Correct?

But how would I connect to my Xbox to replace the files? I have an unmodded Xbox, strait out of the box, I can't FTP the files to it can I?

The members over there said to use Agent Under Fire to FTP the 4920 files into my Xbox. But I thought I needed the 4920 files to FTP in the first place...

:wacko:

TheFilePirater
01-25-2004, 02:38 AM
i got vers 1.1 and i wanna ftp it, do i need action relay or can i just do it wit the ftp and nothin else?

Stonecoldfreak1
01-25-2004, 11:02 AM
you need action replay to get the save to load the program TO ftp

slimboyfatz
01-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@25 January 2004 - 03:05
My Xbox dash version is 5969 (or was it 5659).

So, from what I've learned at the Xbox Scene Forums, in order to downgrade to 4920, I have to find the 4920 files (xboxdas.xbe, xodash, and xboxdashdata) and replace my current Xbox dash files with those. Correct?

But how would I connect to my Xbox to replace the files? I have an unmodded Xbox, strait out of the box, I can't FTP the files to it can I?

The members over there said to use Agent Under Fire to FTP the 4920 files into my Xbox. But I thought I needed the 4920 files to FTP in the first place...

:wacko:
Ok I probably didnt describe the whole Audio Hack correctly so here goes....
'Mordens Audio Hack' comes in 2 parts...
the 1st part being the 007 Gamesave (BondSave) all this does is let u hack into the Xbox and then yes you can FTP stuff to and from your PC to Box.
the 2nd part is the actual Audio Exploit itself (Mordens) which when installed onto a 4920 Dashboard, will allow you to run Unsigned Code (eg. Backup games, apps...etc....) without the actual exploit in place u aint runnin' shit!!!
But Krackhead, like I have said previous have a really good read through the Forums at XboxScene and get some good advice about downgrading ya dash to 4920....I dont want you to end up with a non-booting Xbox :(

Sorry that last line sounded a little ominous...I saw on the Forum there that u have an excellent knowledge of PC's, so you will have no probs...I would normally give a warning to some schoolkid who does'nt know his arse from his elbow!?! :blink:

slimboyfatz
01-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater@25 January 2004 - 03:38
i got vers 1.1 and i wanna ftp it, do i need action relay or can i just do it wit the ftp and nothin else?
No...Like StoneCold pointed out you still need Everything included in the Tutorial to FTP into your Xbox-
Xbox :blink:
Action Replay
MS Memory Card
Agent Under Fire
Ethernet Card
Crossover Cable...... ;)

Due to the fact that u need the Action Replay/MS memory card to get the Gamesave onto your Xbox...which in turn crashes your Xbox..and then lets you FTP into it...

Rip The Jacker
01-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Now, just a couple of questions:

1. How do I copy games that I own into the HD? I'm guessing I put it into my Xbox, FTP it from D: to my PC, and then from my PC to E:?
2. Approximately how many games can I store on the 8GB HD?
3. Will I be able to rip audio CDs after softmodding my Xbox?
4. How exactly would I get to the MXM dash later on? Do I have to load the save from Agent Under Fire each time?
5. Can't I use the card that comes with the Action Replay, I don't want to buy a seperate MS card, I'm cheap. :P
6. In the future, can I remove the exploit and everything that I did? Like an "un-install"
7. Where are the dash files I need to replace? (xboxdas.xbe, xodash, and xboxdashdata)

You can already tell people have to be specific with me at these things, I'm afraid I'll break something here. Like I said, I'm a total noob to Xbox modding.

slimboyfatz
01-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@25 January 2004 - 21:37
Now, just a couple of questions:

1. How do I copy games that I own into the HD? I'm guessing I put it into my Xbox, FTP it from D: to my PC, and then from my PC to E:?
2. Approximately how many games can I store on the 8GB HD?
3. Will I be able to rip audio CDs after softmodding my Xbox?
4. How exactly would I get to the MXM dash later on? Do I have to load the save from Agent Under Fire each time?
5. Can't I use the card that comes with the Action Replay, I don't want to buy a seperate MS card, I'm cheap. :P
6. In the future, can I remove the exploit and everything that I did? Like an "un-install"
7. Where are the dash files I need to replace? (xboxdas.xbe, xodash, and xboxdashdata)

You can already tell people have to be specific with me at these things, I'm afraid I'll break something here. Like I said, I'm a total noob to Xbox modding.
Krackhead I have been here myself m8...worrying at first if I could seriously f**k up my Xbox, and that is why i posted up a Tut for the Audio hack as opposed to the Font hack (Bert&Ernie/Bert&Ernie Reloaded.etc..) because people have had a hell of a lot of trouble with these (clock loops/xbox resetting)...the Audio hack really is Foolproof and a cinch to use.... ;) In reply to your questions...

1. After installing 'Mordens' audio hack...You have 2 options..
Option 1, If u want to install a game you downloaded from the Net, you can FTP that game from your PC to the Xbox and put that game into e:games.
Or..
Option 2, If u have a game you already own, you need to install to your Xbox an excellent program called 'DVD2Xbox'...Which you can then use to Rip games from the (D) drive to your Xbox hardrive (Put them onto (E) drive also).

You can do it the way you described (using CUTE FTP)...but its a pretty longwinded way to do it (D to PC to E)....Stick to Option 2 above m8!!!

2. Firstly I'll break down that 8GB drive for you......You have around 1gig on © drive...5gig on (E) drive and if you can Format it (some Xbox drives wont let you) 2gig on (F) drive......1+5+2=8.
So you have 5gig to play with on (E) and if you can Format it, another 2gig on (F).......So this is where you are better installing GameRips off the Net, as u can add a few more games than Full versions.

Me personally I have on (E) -
XboyAdvance (GBA emulator with about 20 games)
Deus Ex - Invisible War
Fatal Frame
Xbox Media Centre
DVD Region X
DVD2Xbox
and on (F) -
GTA - Vice City.

3.Yep you can still Rip audio Cds after installing the Audio hack

4. You have 3 ways of doing this (after you have installed the Exploit)...
Option 1 - You boot up your Xbox with an Audio CD in the tray and do the Button Combo as described in 'Mordens' Readme.
Option 2 - You boot up your Xbox with No Audio CD and do the other Button Combo as described in 'Mordens' Readme.
Option 3- You can make MXM your Default Dashboard..So as soon as you Power up it boots to MXM (seek further advice on this though)
So no u dont need to do the 007 Gamesave everytime...that is only used once so you can actually access MXM.

5. NO!!! The Action Replay cards suck bigtime!! They somehow corrupt the Gamesave...And you will always get the Error21 screen on your Xbox..I tried the AR card around 15 times..No luck! Went and bought the Microsoft Memory Card..and it worked first time!
If u dont want to shell out much more money..I have heard of the Madkatz Memory cards working just as well (and they are cheaper).

6.Yep! In MXM you will see a Menu item 'Audio Package'...Just goto that..goto Uninstall package...and your Xbox is back to how it was! And if u want a totally clean system (games/apps u installed) remove those first by FTP.

7. The Dash files are all located in the © drive of your Xbox...I have a full copy of my Xbox © (including the 4920 Dash) drive on an FTP server..PM me if you want the address....BUT ask for further advice before u go adding this Dash!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!! ;)

Rip The Jacker
01-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now all I need are the dash files, and Mordens_Audio_hack_007_V3.rar (I can't find this anywhere!). Last 2 questions:

1. I don't have Agent Under Fire, but I heard you can do this with MechAssualt, is that true?
2. I'm guessing the 4920 dash is the one without the "Xbox Live" tab. If I downgrade to 4920, and then try to place an Xbox Live game, won't it automatically upgrade to 5659 again?

Thanks again for everything so far.

Stonecoldfreak1
01-26-2004, 02:46 AM
yeah it works with mechassualt also

slimboyfatz
01-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@26 January 2004 - 01:05
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now all I need are the dash files, and Mordens_Audio_hack_007_V3.rar (I can't find this anywhere!). Last 2 questions:

1. I don't have Agent Under Fire, but I heard you can do this with MechAssualt, is that true?
2. I'm guessing the 4920 dash is the one without the "Xbox Live" tab. If I downgrade to 4920, and then try to place an Xbox Live game, won't it automatically upgrade to 5659 again?

Thanks again for everything so far.
PM me and ill give you the Audio Hack...

1. Yes u can use Mechassault and im pretty sure there is a 'Mordens Audio Hack mechassault' floating about someplace!!!
2.The 4920 Dash is supplied with any Live1.0 enabled game (ie, Mechassault, Star Wars KOTOR)..NOT any recent games (ie XIII, Crimson skies) they come supplied with Live2.0..You Do not want that!!!
Xbox games will not automatically upgrade your dash...Your Dash will only get upgraded if you press on the Live button from within a game and connect to Live..So dont worry! ;)

j4y3m
02-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the guide. :D I have a few questions though.

1. Do I need X-box Live?
2. I don't have a X-box yet but I am thinking about getting one. What advantages does this has over buying a mod-chip? and what's the best chip?

Mad Cat
02-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy@1 February 2004 - 08:50
Thanks for the guide. :D I have a few questions though.

1. Do I need X-box Live?
2. I don't have a X-box yet but I am thinking about getting one. What advantages does this has over buying a mod-chip? and what's the best chip?
No advantages over a modchip, apart from you don't have to go playing around inside your Xbox :P

neevakee
02-01-2004, 06:27 PM
if i want to add a larger hard drive can i do that? im willing to go inside, yes that voids my warrenty but the warrenty is pretty bad to begin with. Also is the only way i can save my games is by ftp from my computer to my xbox are can i do it right at my box.

joker23
02-02-2004, 12:01 AM
someone should make a video of a person doing this! or does anyone know where there is one?

slimboyfatz
02-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by neevakee@1 February 2004 - 19:27
if i want to add a larger hard drive can i do that? im willing to go inside, yes that voids my warrenty but the warrenty is pretty bad to begin with. Also is the only way i can save my games is by ftp from my computer to my xbox are can i do it right at my box.
Do u mean..the only way u can get games to your Xbox is by FTP from your PC..the answer is no..if u install an application called 'DVD2Xbox' into a modded machine, then u can just insert a game disc into the Xbox disc tray and Rip it straight to the Xbox HD...no FTP needed...Good Luck!! ;)

And in reply to the last post...i could film myself doing the Exploit...but im stumped as how i could get the video from 8mm and onto the Net?&#33;?&#33; <_< Help needed&#33;&#33;&#33;

oZone
02-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Great guide,i am going to try it this weekend.Also having trouble finding the &#39;Mordens audio hack&#39; so sent PM.

Thanks again. :)

slimboyfatz
02-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Grab it from my FTP server..........I&#39;ve PM&#39;ed you the details.....

colt45joe
02-03-2004, 05:38 AM
this is awesome. this needs to be pinned up on the top, so everybody can see it.

mutha trucka
02-03-2004, 06:54 AM
Will an xbox game fit on the stock harddrive? The games are supposed to be 6 GB&#39;s a piece, I thought.

j4y3m
02-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by mutha trucka@3 February 2004 - 05:54
Will an xbox game fit on the stock harddrive? The games are supposed to be 6 GB&#39;s a piece, I thought.
I doubt they&#39;ll be anymore than 4GB because that&#39;s all a standard dvd disc can hold.

j4y3m
02-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Another question. Wouldn&#39;t it take like 2 days to upload a X-box game?

h121589
02-04-2004, 12:12 AM
instead of using Agent Under Fire 007 can i use Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 or Wreckless or Simpsons Road Rage or True Crime

j4y3m
02-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Look what I&#39;m getting. B)

http://webpages.charter.net/looch6/hard_xboxcrystal01.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/looch6/hard_xboxcrystal03.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/looch6/hard_xboxcrystal02.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/crystalxbox_020204_000.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/crystalxbox_020204_001.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/crystalxbox_020204_002.jpg

ttttttttt
02-04-2004, 04:17 PM
so if i just wanted the xbox to read cdr-rw dices all i need to do is get the card thingy a memcard and change the dashboard.

slimboyfatz
02-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@4 February 2004 - 17:17
so if i just wanted the xbox to read cdr-rw dices all i need to do is get the card thingy a memcard and change the dashboard.
Yes&#33;&#33; ;)

h121589
02-05-2004, 12:03 AM
instead of using Agent Under Fire 007 can i use Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 or Wreckless or Simpsons Road Rage or True Crime

slimboyfatz
02-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by h121589@5 February 2004 - 01:03

Errrmmm in a word......NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

h121589
02-05-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by slimboyfatz@5 February 2004 - 00:20

Errrmmm in a word......NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/quote]
o ok thanx 4 lettin me no

Rip The Jacker
02-05-2004, 01:44 AM
@slimboyfatz
Great thread. Consider it pinned. B)

@stupidguy
Wow thats a good looking Xbox. :)

j4y3m
02-05-2004, 02:08 AM
It&#39;s going to be released in march to celebrate the xbox&#39;s 2 year aniversery, it costs about £140.

ttttttttt
02-05-2004, 04:08 AM
quick question lets say i download a xbox game from somewhere. Its a below 700 mb. Now you say that if i soft-mod the box (without ftp)it will be able to play that game. If this is true i think i love you. :rolleyes:

slimboyfatz
02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@5 February 2004 - 02:44
@slimboyfatz
Great thread. Consider it pinned. B)

A thousand thanx to you &#39;Krackhead&#39;......I hope its of use to a lot of Forum members&#33;&#33; ;)

slimboyfatz
02-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@5 February 2004 - 05:08
quick question lets say i download a xbox game from somewhere. Its a below 700 mb. Now you&nbsp; say that if i soft-mod the box (without ftp)it will be able to play that game. If this is true i think i love you. :rolleyes:
Yes u can....stick it onto a cd/rw or dvd/rw and the game will play no problems. I have a Samsung* DVD drive in my Xbox and have found Packard Bell and Memorex media (cd/rw) to work no problems.....but u could try others..Just make sure that whatever u download is first converted into a Xiso... grab the tool below...

Extract Xiso (http://www.xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.php?page=isotools#newsitemEpVlFpApZFEyTQZsea)

............then burn it&#33;&#33;&#33;

*Samsung drives will play pretty much any media..U can tell if u have a Samsung by looking at the Disc-tray...If it has two Thumb-sized holes on either side of the tray u have a Sammo&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

ttttttttt
02-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Well i got thomson but i know that cd-rws will work

Mad Cat
02-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Well done Slim, this deserved a pinning from the start :)

ttttttttt
02-05-2004, 05:57 PM
if i ftp the box will it mess up live

slimboyfatz
02-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@5 February 2004 - 18:57
if i ftp the box will it mess up live
No.....But you have to be careful because there is a possibilty your Dash may be updated when you access Live....please dont quote me on that..I dont use Live so dont take it as gospel...Visit Xbox-Scene Forum if u need more advice on this aspect... ;)

Stonecoldfreak1
02-07-2004, 09:01 PM
dont use it with live they can search your hardrive and if they find anything that shouldnt be there then microsoft has your name, address, phone number, credit card number.....

ttttttttt
02-07-2004, 11:38 PM
g2g quick can someone link me to the Mordens Audio Hack i only get a few results in google and most of them in spanish

Stonecoldfreak1
02-07-2004, 11:55 PM
its on xbox scene and if you have to go then whats the point of linking it? the download will only take like 3 min

ttttttttt
02-08-2004, 12:21 AM
thanks i&#39;am stupid :helpsmile:

ttttttttt
02-08-2004, 12:31 AM
plz link me I cant look though all that stuff plz i be of u :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

colt45joe
02-08-2004, 12:50 AM
i like this tutorial better:

http://quikboard.com/xboxxx/index.html

mainly because it has the neccesary files so you dont have to look for them.

namzuf9
02-08-2004, 01:22 PM
The "bert and ernie" exploit used in that guide can cause serious problems for newbs though colt45joe. Do a google for bert and ernie clock loop.

ttttttttt
02-08-2004, 03:28 PM
read Sig

slimboyfatz
02-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by colt45joe@8 February 2004 - 01:50
i like this tutorial better:

http://quikboard.com/xboxxx/index.html

mainly because it has the neccesary files so you dont have to look for them.
Mad Gouki has done a great tut on Soft-Modding, but as somebody as already commented...it uses the Font Exploit....and in in-experienced hands that can bring ya a whole host of trouble............with the audio exploit u have none of this&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

slimboyfatz
02-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@8 February 2004 - 01:31
plz link me I cant look though all that stuff plz i be of u :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
Im gonna get the link up for the actual Audio Exploit and put it into the Tut........just rackin my brain where i grabbed it from in the first place?&#33;?&#33; :unsure:

ttttttttt
02-08-2004, 10:16 PM
k here a problem

i am done soft-modding (without ftp). When the phoniex dashboard comes up i cant switch games, caues every time i hit the eject buttion the system reset.

Stonecoldfreak1
02-09-2004, 01:14 AM
yeah i am about to do mine i need the hack...

also for the downgrade what kinda disc can i burn it on?

TheFilePirater
02-09-2004, 01:36 AM
anyone know were i can get xbox games?

j4y3m
02-09-2004, 01:38 AM
GAME :blink: mIRC

Stonecoldfreak1
02-09-2004, 01:39 AM
yeah there are a few bt sites also

Stonecoldfreak1
02-09-2004, 04:19 AM
i cant get my xbox to load the downgrade disc i got so would i be able to downgrade my dash by taking someone elses hardrive and putting it on my xbox via ftp?

slimboyfatz
02-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@9 February 2004 - 05:19
i cant get my xbox to load the downgrade disc i got so would i be able to downgrade my dash by taking someone elses hardrive and putting it on my xbox via ftp?
Yeah i think you can...if ya m8&#39;s xbox has the 4920 dash, or has been exploited already....but like i&#39;ve said i have never tried this..so i would get advcie from the xbox-scene Forum....dont worry they dont bite..just ask the right questions and you&#39;ll be aright&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

ttttttttt
02-09-2004, 07:36 PM
I am going to ftp my box i am getting cossover cable and that other later. I have dial-up will that be a problem.

o yea slim i hate u jk

but you have made me go though all this crap for my box, not to mechion that I spent bout 6 or 7 hours looking mordons hack or what ever. I am at school and bout to die from tiredness.

but i know that once all this is done i will be happy so thank u i guess. :lol:

slimboyfatz
02-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@9 February 2004 - 20:36
I am going to ftp my box i am getting cossover cable and that other later. I have dial-up will that be a problem.

o yea slim i hate u jk

but you have made me go though all this crap for my box, not to mechion that I spent bout 6 or 7 hours looking mordons hack or what ever. I am at school and bout to die from tiredness.

but i know that once all this is done i will be happy so thank u i guess. :lol:
Dial up has nothing to do with FTP&#39;ing from a PC to Xbox......U do not connect to the Internet at any point&#33;&#33; You just need an Ethernet PCI card in your PC (y&#39;can get them for next to nothing)....

Did u get Mordens Hack........I tried sending it last night, but my modem was playing up till about lunchtime today&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

ttttttttt
02-09-2004, 09:13 PM
yea thanks for looking out

slimboyfatz
02-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Did u find the Hack????

ttttttttt
02-09-2004, 09:55 PM
yea, i forgot the comma

Stonecoldfreak1
02-10-2004, 12:44 AM
i posted and they wouldnt answer my question they would just say "why wouldnt the disc load... what did you burn it on..." <_<

slimboyfatz
02-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@10 February 2004 - 01:44
i posted and they wouldnt answer my question they would just say "why wouldnt the disc load... what did you burn it on..." <_<
Just explain again what the problem was...and what you are trying to do (explain it to me that is)...Is it something to do with the Slayers downgrade disc???

Stonecoldfreak1
02-10-2004, 03:15 AM
was trying to downgrade from 2.0 with the disc and it wouldnt load so im trying to find some other way to downgrade it

ttttttttt
02-10-2004, 04:09 PM
can i use a network cable instaed of cross-over

slimboyfatz
02-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@10 February 2004 - 04:15
was trying to downgrade from 2.0 with the disc and it wouldnt load so im trying to find some other way to downgrade it
Yeah to actually use the Slayers CD, You need an Xbox that is already Exploited...then it can run-signed code like the Slayers package....I think the best way to remedy this would be to grab a m8 with an Exploited/Chipped Xbox and ask him to run the Slayers program by FTP.....Good Luck&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

slimboyfatz
02-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@10 February 2004 - 17:09
can i use a network cable instaed of cross-over
No u do need a Ethernet Crossover cable (CAT 5/RJ-45)....there are cables that look very similar..but this is the one u need...again you can get a 10m cable for around £8.00.... and then its a case of downloading a Game to ya PC, attaching Cable from PC to Xbox, uploading game to Xbox, take out cable, play new game.....Bliss&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

By the way what version hack did u get ttttttttttt.....Version 2 or 3???
Its just that v3 is a lot more reliable...thats why i used it in the Tut&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;ll try posting it to ya..if u want it????

ttttttttt
02-10-2004, 06:51 PM
well i installed and then un-installed the auido hack now it dosent. So i need to go to the hard drive and deleat the files that didnt uninstall

slimboyfatz
02-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@10 February 2004 - 19:51
well i installed and then un-installed the auido hack now it dosent.
?????? :blink:

ttttttttt
02-10-2004, 10:09 PM
it doesnt work anymore, so i talked to the modnern (spelled worng) dude and he sayed that i need to do a clean install again, so i got to go into my HDD and deleat the files that didnt get deleated when i un-installed.

any way

all i got to do to ftp my box is put a ethernet card in, plug crossover in it and the xbox and use cuteftp?? and it has nothing to due with the internet??? I dont need to do anything to my eithernet card except put it in???

slimboyfatz
02-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@10 February 2004 - 23:09

any way

all i got to do to ftp my box is put a ethernet card in, plug crossover in it and the xbox and use cuteftp?? and it has nothing to due with the internet??? I dont need to do anything to my eithernet card except put it in???
Yep....Networking between the 2 has nothing to do with an Internet connection...and i think if u have Windows XP you dont even need to install the drivers for the Ethernet card...XP sees it as a Plug&Play device and does all the work..............now come on ttttttttttttttt shape ya&#39;self m8 and get some stuff onto that Xbox :lol:

ttttttttt
02-10-2004, 11:10 PM
YES SIR :lol:

Stonecoldfreak1
02-11-2004, 12:15 AM
i think i found me an alterative (ya might wanna add this to the tut for downgraders) someone told me i should be able to extract the disc and then copy SYSTEM/ALL/C to my hd or something like that :rolleyes: i got it saved on my computer just gotta find it again

ttttttttt
02-11-2004, 10:28 PM
yet another problem.

when i put in the ftp, username, password and port it doesnt work, what am i missing here&#33;&#33;&#33;

slimboyfatz
02-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@11 February 2004 - 23:28
yet another problem.

when i put in the ftp, username, password and port it doesnt work, what am i missing here&#33;&#33;&#33;
tell me exactly what you have done leading up to that point...and i&#39;ll try and help ya out ;)

ttttttttt
02-12-2004, 04:23 AM
k first i install audio hack normally then I un-installed it to see what happens, next i tryed ti re-install it and it gave me an error that said error (line 1) actionscript error.

Morden said that ineed to ftp my box and change a few files

so i used the method u posted

ftp 198.168.0.3
xbox, xbox , prot 21

I used crossover cables, but whn i connect i get error that says i could nt connect.

slimboyfatz
02-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Ok my bad...u need to make a few alterations to the mxm.xml file contained within the BondSave.zip .
...........then hopefully your PC and Xbox will be able to talk to each other....

So before u go any further..go into your Xbox and remove the Bondsave from the Memory section (and also the MediaX entry at the bottom)...Copy the code below into mxm.xml within your Bondsave.zip (remove all the code from mxm.xml first, so u have a blank page)....then stick it back on your memory card...put it onto the Xbox...boot &#39;AgentunderFire&#39;....Then i promise you will be able to FTP to that blasted Xbox...After that follow Mordens advice about what to remove off (E) drive.......

<Config>
<Main>
<DiscTitle>Media X Menu</DiscTitle>
</Main>
&#60;scripts>
<ActionScript name="AutoExec">
Set _GAMESAVE "E:&#092;&#092;Udata&#092;&#092;4541000d&#092;&#092;000000000000&#092;&#092;"
SETFUNC installed FILEEXISTS e:&#092;Morden&#092;install.loc
If %installed% == 1 goto Installed
Quit
:Installed
SETFUNC dbhacked FILEEXISTS E:&#092;Morden&#092;hack.loc
If %dbhacked% == 1 goto finish
delete E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.or
SETFUNC dbexist FILEEXISTS E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
If %dbexist% == 0 goto nope
RENAME E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.or
:nope
COPY E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.hk E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
callscript CreateLock E:&#092;Morden&#092;hack.loc
:finish
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="GameStub">
If %dbhacked% == 0 goto finish
delete E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
SETFUNC dbexist FILEEXISTS E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.or
If %dbexist% == 0 goto del
Copy E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.or E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
:del
delete E:&#092;Morden&#092;hack.loc
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="InstallPack">
If %installed% == 1 goto There
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "Are you sure you wish to install the Audio package?&#036;eol&#036;Press the green button to continue, any other to abort."
If %_GP_A% == "1" GOTO APRESSED
Quit

:APRESSED
MkDir E:&#092;PBL
COPY %_GAMESAVE%boot.cfg E:&#092;PBL&#092;boot.cfg
COPY %_GAMESAVE%bg.jpg E:&#092;PBL&#092;bg.jpg
COPY %_GAMESAVE%font.jpg E:&#092;PBL&#092;font.jpg
COPY %_GAMESAVE%phoenix2d_logo1.jpg E:&#092;PBL&#092;phoenix2d_logo1.jpg
COPY %_GAMESAVE%default.xbe E:&#092;PBL&#092;P.xbe
MkDir E:&#092;PBL&#092;Bioses
COPY %_GAMESAVE%Audio&#092;*.bin E:&#092;PBL&#092;Bioses
MkDir E:&#092;mxm
COPY %_GAMESAVE%mxm&#092;mxm.xml e:&#092;mxm&#092;mxm.xml
COPY %_GAMESAVE%mxm&#092;default.xbe e:&#092;mxm&#092;default.xbe
COPY %_GAMESAVE%mxm&#092;BIOSMD5.xml e:&#092;mxm&#092;BIOSMD5.xml
COPY %_GAMESAVE%mxm&#092;quote.txt e:&#092;mxm&#092;quote.txt
COPY %_GAMESAVE%mxm&#092;BiosMenu.xas e:&#092;mxm&#092;BiosMenu.xas
COPY %_GAMESAVE%Audio&#092;menu.xml e:&#092;mxm&#092;menu.xml
SETFUNC pref FILEEXISTS e:&#092;Udata&#092;00004321&#092;pref.xml
If %pref% == 1 goto nopref
COPY %_GAMESAVE%Audio&#092;pref.xml e:&#092;Udata&#092;00004321&#092;pref.xml
:nopref
SETFUNC dbexists FILEEXISTS E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
If %dbexists% == 0 goto dbnotexist
RENAME E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.or
:dbnotexist
COPY %_GAMESAVE%Audio&#092;st.db E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
COPY %_GAMESAVE%Audio&#092;st.db E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.hk
MkDir E:&#092;Morden
callscript CreateLock E:&#092;Morden&#092;lock.loc
callscript CreateLock E:&#092;Morden&#092;install.loc
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "The package has been installed&#33;"
Quit
:There
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "Package is already installed&#33;"
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="RemovePack">
If %installed% == 0 goto NotThere
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "Are you sure you wish to remove the Audio package?&#036;eol&#036;Press the green button to continue, any other to abort."
If %_GP_A% == "1" GOTO Cont
Quit

:Cont
Delete E:&#092;PBL&#092;bg.jpg
Delete E:&#092;PBL&#092;font.jpg
Delete E:&#092;PBL&#092;boot.cfg
Delete E:&#092;PBL&#092;phoenix2d_logo1.jpg
Delete E:&#092;PBL&#092;p.xbe
Delete E:&#092;Morden&#092;lock.loc
Delete E:&#092;Morden&#092;install.loc
Delete E:&#092;PBL&#092;Bioses&#092;4979_67.bin
Delete E:&#092;PBL&#092;Bioses&#092;EvoxM7.bin
Delete E:&#092;mxm&#092;mxm.xml
Delete E:&#092;mxm&#092;default.xbe
Delete E:&#092;mxm&#092;BIOSMD5.xml
Delete E:&#092;mxm&#092;menu.xml
Delete E:&#092;mxm&#092;cache_menu.xml
Delete e:&#092;mxm&#092;quote.txt
Delete e:&#092;mxm&#092;BiosMenu.xas
RmDir E:&#092;PBL&#092;Bioses
RmDir E:&#092;PBL
RmDir E:&#092;mxm
SETFUNC dbexists FILEEXISTS E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.or
If %dbexists% == 0 goto dbnotexist
If %dbhacked% == 0 goto dbnothacked
RENAME E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.or E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
goto finish

:dbnothacked
goto finish

:dbnotexist
Delete E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db

Delete E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.hk
RmDir E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;1499ec
Delete E:&#092;Morden&#092;hack.loc
RmDir E:&#092;Morden
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "The package has been removed&#33;"
Quit

:NotThere
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "Package is not installed&#33;"
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="RefreshDB">
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "Are you sure you wish to reinstall the ST.db?&#036;eol&#036;Press the green button to continue, any other to abort."
Quit

If %dbhacked% == 1 goto dbhacked
goto finish

:dbhacked

COPY E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.hk E:&#092;Tdata&#092;fffe0000&#092;music&#092;st.db
Callscript _DisplayMessageBox "The ST.DB has been reinstalled&#33;"
Quit

</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="CreateLock">
openwrite lockfile %1%
writefile lockfile "lock"
closefile lockfile
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="LaunchWithBios">
rename e:&#092;pbl&#092;boot.cfg e:&#092;pbl&#092;boot.org
OpenWrite bootfile e:&#092;pbl&#092;boot.cfg
WriteFileLn bootfile "RC4Key 0x57 0x42 0x29 0x0C 0x30 0x1E 0xD3 0x01 0xB3 0xE5 0x5D 0x28 0x50 0x31 0xE1 0xCE"
WriteFileLn bootfile "EEPROMKey1_0 0x2A 0x3B 0xAD 0x2C 0xB1 0x94 0x4F 0x93 0xAA 0xCD 0xCD 0x7E 0x0A 0xC2 0xEE 0x5A"
WriteFileLn bootfile "EEPROMKey1_1 0x1D 0xF3 0x5C 0x83 0x8E 0xC9 0xB6 0xFC 0xBD 0xF6 0x61 0xAB 0x4F 0x06 0x33 0xE4"
WriteFileLn bootfile "LEDSequence gggg"
WriteFileLn bootfile "Romfile %2%"
WriteFileLn bootfile "Timeout 300000"
WriteFileLn bootfile "Debug false"
CloseFile bootfile
openread QUOTEFILE e:&#092;mxm&#092;quote.txt
readfileln QUOTEFILE QUOTE
closefile QUOTEFILE
OpenWrite autoexec e:&#092;mxm&#092;autoexec.xas
WriteFileLn autoexec "delete e:&#092;&#092;pbl&#092;&#092;boot.cfg"
WriteFileLn autoexec "rename e:&#092;&#092;pbl&#092;&#092;boot.org e:&#092;&#092;pbl&#092;&#092;boot.cfg"
WriteFileLn autoexec "Delete e:&#092;&#092;mxm&#092;&#092;autoexec.xas"
SetFunc EXEVAR Replace "&#092;&#092;" "&#092;&#092;&#092;&#092;" %1%
WriteFileLn autoexec "Exec %QUOTE%%EXEVAR%%QUOTE%"
CloseFile autoexec
exec e:&#092;pbl&#092;p.xbe
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="EnableGamestub">
SETFUNC entry FILEEXISTS %_GameDir%&#092;MXM_Entry.xml
If %entry% == 1 goto xmlexists
CallScript _DisplayMessageBox "Are you sure you wish to enable the gamestub for this Game?&#036;EOL&#036;Press green to continue, and other button to abort."
Quit

closefile QUOTEFILE
OpenWrite myfile %_GameDir%&#092;MXM_Entry.xml
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;config&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;item&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;descr&#036;gt&#036;Gamestub Enabled&#036;lt&#036;/descr&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;description&#036;gt&#036;Gamestub Enabled&#036;lt&#036;/description&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;title&#036;gt&#036;%_GameTitle%&#036;lt&#036;/title&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;xbeid&#036;gt&#036;%_GameXBEID%&#036;lt&#036;/xbeid&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;verified&#036;gt&#036;%_GameVerified%&#036;lt&#036;/verified&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;dir&#036;gt&#036;%_GameDir%&#036;lt&#036;/dir&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;media&#036;gt&#036;%_GameMedia%&#036;lt&#036;/media&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;thumbnail&#036;gt&#036;%_GameThumbnail%&#036;lt&#036;/thumbnail&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;exe&#036;gt&#036;%_GameExe%&#036;lt&#036;/exe&#036;gt&#036;"
setfunc tempvar replace "&#092;&#092;" "&#092;&#092;&#092;&#092;" %_GameExe%
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;action&#036;gt&#036;CallScript Gamestub&#036;eol&#036;Exec %Quote%%tempvar%%QUOTE%&#036;lt&#036;/action&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;/item&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;/config&#036;gt&#036;"
CloseFile myfile
CallScript _DisplayMessageBox "The GameStub has been enabled for this Game.&#036;EOL&#036; The system will now reboot and rebuild your menus."
ResetMenuCache
Reboot
:xmlexists
CallScript _DisplayMessageBox "An MXM_Entry.xml already exists for this item. Aborting&#33;"
quit
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="RemoveMXMEntry">
If %entry% == 0 goto xmlnotexists
CallScript _DisplayMessageBox "Are you sure you wish to disable the gamestub or custom BIOS&#39;s for this item?&#036;EOL&#036;Press green to continue, and other button to abort."
Quit

delete %_GameDir%&#092;MXM_Entry.xml
CallScript _DisplayMessageBox "The MXM_Entry.xml has been removed for this item.&#036;EOL&#036; The system will now reboot and rebuild your menus."
ResetMenuCache
Reboot
:xmlnotexists
quit
</ActionScript>

<ActionScript name="PickBIOS">
closefile QUOTEFILE
If %entry% == 1 goto xmlexists
CallFile BiosMenu.xas
If %_BIOSFILE% == "" goto endhere
OpenWrite myfile %_GameDir%&#092;MXM_Entry.xml
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;config&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;item&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;descr&#036;gt&#036;BIOS Enabled&#036;lt&#036;/descr&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;description&#036;gt&#036;BIOS Enabled&#036;lt&#036;/description&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;title&#036;gt&#036;%_GameTitle%&#036;lt&#036;/title&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;xbeid&#036;gt&#036;%_GameXBEID%&#036;lt&#036;/xbeid&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;verified&#036;gt&#036;%_GameVerified%&#036;lt&#036;/verified&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;dir&#036;gt&#036;%_GameDir%&#036;lt&#036;/dir&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;media&#036;gt&#036;%_GameMedia%&#036;lt&#036;/media&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;thumbnail&#036;gt&#036;%_GameThumbnail%&#036;lt&#036;/thumbnail&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;exe&#036;gt&#036;%_GameExe%&#036;lt&#036;/exe&#036;gt&#036;"
setfunc tempvar replace "&#092;&#092;" "&#092;&#092;&#092;&#092;" %_GameExe%
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;action&#036;gt&#036;CallScript LaunchWithBios %Quote%%tempvar%%QUOTE% %_BIOSFILE%&#036;lt&#036;/action&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;/item&#036;gt&#036;"
WritefileLn myfile "&#036;lt&#036;/config&#036;gt&#036;"
CloseFile myfile
CallScript _DisplayMessageBox "The Evox BIOS has been enabled for this Game.&#036;EOL&#036; The system will now reboot and rebuild your menus."
ResetMenuCache
Reboot
:xmlexists
CallScript _DisplayMessageBox "An MXM_Entry.xml already exists for this item. Aborting&#33;"
:endhere
quit
</ActionScript>
</Scripts>
<Context>
<Item Name="Dummy1">
<Mode>HD</Mode>
&#60;script>TestScript</Script>
</Item>
<Item Name="Dummy2">
<Mode>HD</Mode>
</Item>
<Item Name="Dummy3">
<Mode>HD</Mode>
</Item>
<Item Name="Enable GameStub">
<Mode>HD</Mode>
&#60;script>EnableGamestub</Script>
</Item>
<Item Name="Set Custom Bios">
<Mode>HD</Mode>
&#60;script>PickBios</Script>
</Item>
<Item Name="Remove Gamestub/Bios Settings">
<Mode>HD</Mode>
&#60;script>RemoveMXMEntry</Script>
</Item>
</Context><Network>
<UseDHCP>false</UseDHCP>
<IP>192.168.0.3</IP>
<DNS1>0.0.0.0</DNS1>
<DefaultGateway>0.0.0.0</DefaultGateway>
<SubnetMask>255.255.255.0</SubnetMask>
</Network><FTPServer>
<ServerPort>21</ServerPort>
<AllowAnon>False</AllowAnon>
<AnonRoot>F:&#092;</AnonRoot>
<User>
<Name>xbox</Name>
<Password>xbox</Password>
<Root>&#092;</Root>
</User>
</FTPServer>
</Config>

Just open up mxm.xml and delete everything in it....then copy and paste the info above into that same document (u can see the xbox ftp details at the bottom there).......Good Luck&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

slimboyfatz
02-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@12 February 2004 - 05:23
k first i install audio hack normally then I un-installed it to see what happens, next i tryed ti re-install it and it gave me an error that said error (line 1) actionscript error.

Morden said that ineed to ftp my box and change a few files

so i used the method u posted

ftp 198.168.0.3
xbox, xbox , prot 21

I used crossover cables, but whn i connect i get error that says i could nt connect.
In reply to that m8...........I did exaclty the same thing first time...and kept getting the &#39;action script error 1...&#39; , Morden told me that when i had tried to un-install the exploit, it didnt remove everything........so i ftp&#39;ed in to my xbox and deleted everything in (E) drive relating to the Morden hack.............Honestly m8 from having all the equipment in front of me to actually playing games on an exploited Xbox took around 30mins...........U can do it&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

ttttttttt
02-12-2004, 01:31 PM
omg i am so stupid, u got to have phoinx runing on the xbox dont u

slimboyfatz
02-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@12 February 2004 - 14:31
omg i am so stupid, u got to have phoinx runing on the xbox dont u
?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;? :blink:

ttttttttt
02-12-2004, 06:52 PM
mxm

i said phoinx cuss thats the bios

KLMaster
02-15-2004, 08:20 PM
1) how do i find out my Xbox dash version

and

2) can i just rent out a copy of agent under fire or does it have 2 be a certain version of the game.

thanx

KLMaster
02-15-2004, 08:26 PM
i think iv found out dat its version 4034, will it still work with dis version dashboard?

slimboyfatz
02-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Q. How do I find out what Version of Dashboard I have?
A. Power up your Xbox, Goto Settings, System Info, then wait for the Microsoft information to scroll down. At the bottom you will see something like this:
K:1.00.4817.01
D.1.00.XXXX.01
XXXX is your Dashboard version.

If 4034 is your Dashboard version then all u need is to grab a game that is Live 1.0 enabled (not 2.0..1.0)...a few of the titles i can think of, Star Wars KOTOR (this is the game i updated with), Mechassault and any game Pre-September 2003 (but dont quote me on that). This will Update your Dash to 4920..and ready for the Audio Hack&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

You could rent a copy of 007 AUF, but make sure its not the Platinum version, because i&#39;m pretty certain this has been patched by Microsoft&#33;&#33;
Your best bet is to have a look in the 2nd hand Game department of your local videogame stockist (thats where i found my copy for about £15.00)...Good luck&#33;&#33; ;)

One way to spot an older UK version of 007 is to take a look at the front cover...if it has a black sillhoeute of James Bond you&#39;ve got the right one....Later patched versions have an actual picture of Pierce Brosnan on the cover (sad that i&#39;ve notcied this...but true&#33;&#33;) :blink:

KLMaster
02-16-2004, 12:12 AM
thanx alot for ur help m8, the only game iv got dat uses live atm is splitter cell, will dat work? and do i have 2 have xbox live for it 2 update 2 the 4920 version?

ttttttttt
02-16-2004, 12:16 AM
yea mine is finaly finshied bout time

slimboyfatz
02-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by KLMaster@16 February 2004 - 01:12
thanx alot for ur help m8, the only game iv got dat uses live atm is splitter cell, will dat work? and do i have 2 have xbox live for it 2 update 2 the 4920 version?
Im pretty sure you can update ya dash to 4920 with Splinter Cell (double check at xbox-scene forum though)......And no u dont need to connect to Live to update ya dash...just hit the Live tab from within any Live enabled game (its normally found in the Multiplayer section of games)........... ;)

vicious0013
02-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Could anyone help me in locating the Mordens Modified hack(02-28-04)
or at least tell exactly what to type in on google. Ive been googleing and I cant find Sh&#33;t, not even the original mordens audio hack.

ttttttttt
02-20-2004, 11:07 PM
get mirc or irc whatever

its on the Efnet (or maybe FEnet or sumthing like that) server and #xbins is the channel, use cute ftp cause the xbins channel will give u a ftp

Trunks
02-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Is It possible to used Mordens Audio Hack for Splinter Cell save file as well for It to work?

j4y3m
02-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey slimboyfatz, would I need two eithernet cards in my pc to transfer the files or not? It&#39;s no problem if I do I just wanna know.

slimboyfatz
02-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy@24 February 2004 - 18:40
Hey slimboyfatz, would I need two eithernet cards in my pc to transfer the files or not? It&#39;s no problem if I do I just wanna know.
Wonderin where u got the idea u needed 2 Ethernet cards in ya PC <_<

No u just need the one.......

j4y3m
02-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by slimboyfatz+24 February 2004 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slimboyfatz @ 24 February 2004 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stupidguy@24 February 2004 - 18:40
Wonderin where u got the idea u needed 2 Ethernet cards in ya PC <_<

No u just need the one....... [/b][/quote]
Good to know, so all I&#39;d need is a crossover cable? When I get my XBOX I&#39;m definatly modding it, I already have a GC and PS2 and I don&#39;t really have enough money to buy games for another console. :P The thing I don&#39;t like about modded PS2&#39;s is no HDD because I don&#39;t have a DVD burner and I really hate playing DVD rips, with the XBOX I can transfer full DVD&#39;s from my PC HDD to my XBOX one. :)

namzuf9
02-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy@24 February 2004 - 18:40
You only need one network card setup with ICS (internet connection sharing) through windoze.

I finally bought my xbox (second hand) and exploited but I used bert and ernie reloaded fonts with phoenix bios loader.
It works a charm. :)

ttttttttt
02-26-2004, 03:29 AM
another otion to ftping is using boxplorer

Trunks
02-26-2004, 03:48 PM
So can i used boxplorer without having to do that game save hack thing with 007 then? Then can i start FTPing my xbox with the boxplorer then or not? hope to hear soon.

ttttttttt
02-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Well first u use the hack, then load up the new menu and put in the disk which u brunt boxoporer.

let me boxplorere lets u manger ur hdd files without ftping. u got to burn it to a cd there for you need mxm (or the hack) all read loaded.

heres the good then.

With boxplorer u can just rent game put it ion u disk tray, open boxplorer then copy the contents of the cd to a spot on ur hdd and bam ur done with he rentted cd

j4y3m
02-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@26 February 2004 - 15:00
Well first u use the hack, then load up the new menu and put in the disk which u brunt boxoporer.

let me boxplorere lets u manger ur hdd files without ftping. u got to burn it to a cd there for you need mxm (or the hack) all read loaded.

heres the good then.

With boxplorer u can just rent game put it ion u disk tray, open boxplorer then copy the contents of the cd to a spot on ur hdd and bam ur done with he rentted cd
Yeh I&#39;m going to do that when I get my XBOX, I&#39;m gonna upgrade my HDD to about 250GB and put all the games I&#39;m playing at the time on it. The others I&#39;ll keep on my PC. B)

Trunks
02-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks i will do it when i get the stuff i need like action replay etc.

sadams33
02-28-2004, 08:37 PM
when the mxm dashboard loads up it says msdashboard and install audio package i have already installed the audio pack but those are my only two options on the mxm dashboard what do i do from that point

namzuf9
02-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ttttttttt@26 February 2004 - 17:00
A better app IMO to use is dvd2xbox. It copies and patches most games on the fly right to your HDD. Of course it&#39;s a bitch that you only get about 5 gigs of usable space on the stock drive but you can FTP games from your xbox to store on your PC for later use ;)

slimboyfatz
02-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sadams33@28 February 2004 - 21:37
when the mxm dashboard loads up it says msdashboard and install audio package i have already installed the audio pack but those are my only two options on the mxm dashboard what do i do from that point
Have u installed any Appz or Games???? No&#33; well theres ya answer then ;) No u have to either insert an original/backup game then you will see that appear on the MXM menu.....or....you can FTP games and stuff from ya PC to box...create a games folder on the E drive of your box (through CuteFTP/Flash FXP...etc..) then add ya games to that..........then they will appear as a new menu item in MXM.........have fun&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ttttttttt
02-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by namzuf9+28 February 2004 - 21:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 28 February 2004 - 21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ttttttttt@26 February 2004 - 17:00
A better app IMO to use is dvd2xbox. It copies and patches most games on the fly right to your HDD. Of course it&#39;s a bitch that you only get about 5 gigs of usable space on the stock drive but you can FTP games from your xbox to store on your PC for later use ;) [/b][/quote]
hey so dvd2xbox better than boxplorer

sadams33
02-29-2004, 06:44 AM
thanks for the reply slim so now i connected my crossver cable to my pc but i dont

know what my ip is or subnet or dns is they all have a 0.0.0.0 on my mxm menu please help

j4y3m
02-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by sadams33@29 February 2004 - 05:44
thanks for the reply slim so now i connected my crossver cable to my pc but i dont

know what my ip is or subnet or dns is they all have a 0.0.0.0 on my mxm menu please help

STEP 7. To FTP into your XBOX you will need to connect your Crossover Cable (CAT5) from your Ethernet Card in your PC to the Ethernet Port in the back of the XBOX.
To FTP files to and from PC to XBOX you will need some FTP software. I recommend CUTE FTP.
Once installed goto the Site Manager and enter the following details

FTP Host Address - 192.168.0.3
User Name - xbox
Password - xbox
FTP Port - 21

sadams33
02-29-2004, 10:11 PM
okay i did step 7 and cuteftp tells cant connect, do i have to know what my ip is on the xbox is because i dont know where to find it on the system info on mxm it has
enet 0.0.0.0 and gateway 0.0.0.0 dns1 0.0.0.0 i dont even know where to input

an ip address what am i doing wrong

ps i have to disconnect from my cable modem in order to use ethernet dont know if that matters or not

Dave_2004
03-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Sorry if this has come up already, but I&#39;m not reading all the pages.

Will this work with PAL versions of all the equipment needed for it to work?

slimboyfatz
03-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Yep...this has all been tested on my PAL Xbox..and works a treat....I actually think it will work for NTSC Xbox&#39;es also...but i would double check&#33;&#33;

Spicker
04-01-2004, 11:53 PM
k my life story.... :lol: :

my friend just bought an x-box Dashboard 4920 version... umm im pretty sure its higher than 1.1 cuz it was made in 2003...

k i went out and bought the crossover cable
plugged it in the xbox to the pc ethernet...
downloaded cuteftp put the adress in and password and stuff...
and it says it cant CONNECT :( its like the ip adress is rong or something..... :angry:

computer does say tht the cable is plugged in and the xbox is turned on....

and now im lost.... i dunt noe how to do it....

i read all the pages and do i need the moderns audio hack? or something???

plz redo the guide or plz explain to me..... :frusty: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

any help wud be greatly appreciated :)

j4y3m
04-02-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5@1 April 2004 - 23:53

my friend just bought an x-box Dashboard 4920 version... umm im pretty sure its higher than 1.1 cuz it was made in 2003...

and it says it cant CONNECT :( its like the ip adress is rong or something..... :angry:

plz redo the guide or plz explain to me..... :frusty: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

Ofcourse you need the hack. :blink:

slimboyfatz
04-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by j4y3m+2 April 2004 - 07:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j4y3m @ 2 April 2004 - 07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@1 April 2004 - 23:53

plz redo the guide or plz explain to me..... :frusty:&nbsp; :helpsmile:&nbsp; :helpsmile:&nbsp; :helpsmile:&nbsp; :helpsmile:

Ofcourse you need the hack. :blink: [/b][/quote]
Erm...Ummm.Errrrr....the actual Hack itself does help matters slightly..try using the Hack as well and who knows what may happen?&#33;&#33;?&#33; :blink: :blink: :blink:

Good Luck m8&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

Spicker
04-02-2004, 12:14 PM
where do i get the hack from :unsure:

and how do i install it :helpsmile: :01:

bulio
04-02-2004, 01:11 PM
google for the hack then upload it using cute ftp to the xbox

slimboyfatz
04-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5@2 April 2004 - 13:14
where do i get the hack from :unsure:

and how do i install it :helpsmile:&nbsp; :01:
PM me with an Email address....and i&#39;ll send it to ya&#33;&#33;

Then just follow my Tut and ya cant go wrong&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

slimboyfatz
04-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by bulio@2 April 2004 - 14:11
google for the hack then upload it using cute ftp to the xbox
Nope&#33;&#33;&#33; Ya cant upload (FTP) the Hack to the Xbox unless it has already been exploited (hacked) m8... :blink:

Spicker
04-02-2004, 09:36 PM
another problem....

i dont hav any of this:
2. Original copy of &#39;007 - Agent Under Fire&#39;
4. Official &#39;Microsoft&#39; Memory Card :frusty:

my email is.. [email protected]

j4y3m
04-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5@2 April 2004 - 21:36
another problem....

i dont hav any of this:

my email is.. [email protected]
Buy them. :blink:

Spicker
04-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by j4y3m+3 April 2004 - 09:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j4y3m @ 3 April 2004 - 09:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@2 April 2004 - 21:36
another problem....

i dont hav any of this:

my email is..&nbsp; [email protected]
Buy them. :blink: [/b][/quote]
DOH&#33;

40&#036; for action replay CDN just spent soo much on the console now more....i dont think his dad will let him buy it
dont noe the mem card...
and 007 will come from blockbuster :lol: <_<

mutha trucka
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
You can get around buying an action replay by splicing together a male end of a usb wire with a female end of an xbox controller breakaway (preferably an extention wire so you don&#39;t have to use your controller hook up) thus connecting your xbox controller to your pc via usb port. This way, you can use the action replay software to put gamesaves onto the memory card and, as a bonus, you can use your xbox controller as a pc controller.

No Action-replay / Mega X-key Tutorial, this allows you to use a reg mem card (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=79198)

ps. you really need a ms or mad catz memory card as all others will crap out in a hurry (interact and ar brands=major pos).

venom1221
05-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Few questions
1. I dont need steps 1-6 if i want to transfer files to Xbox hd correct?

2. CAn i connect to my Xbox via a router instead of using crossover cable?

3. If i transfer an image over to xbox hd, how do i mount it in a xbox?

4. Do i need to do anything else if i want to play an image from the xbox?

slimboyfatz
05-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by venom1221@16 May 2004 - 22:10
Few questions
1. I dont need steps 1-6 if i want to transfer files to Xbox hd correct?

2. CAn i connect to my Xbox via a router instead of using crossover cable?

3. If i transfer an image over to xbox hd, how do i mount it in a xbox?

4. Do i need to do anything else if i want to play an image from the xbox?
1. Yep you only need to follow steps 1 to 6 if you are playing Backups from CDRW/DVDR..etc......

2. Not 100% sure on that but i think it may be possible...if not you can pick up a cheap Ethernet card and RJ45 (x-over) cable....

3. Unless you are installing a Larger Hard drive, all your Games / Apps / Movies need to be put into your Xbox (E) drive.... make sure you create a Games folder inside your E drive and then put all your Game Iso&#39;s into that..whatever Dashboard you are using will then find them there.

4. Nope&#33; Just make sure ya games are on the right drive and in the correct folder
(ie. E/Games/Halo)

Have fun&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

neevakee
05-18-2004, 03:30 AM
all right i have orderd my xbox, finally, and it is on its way. I will have everything, but the memory card, but i can pick up one of them for cheap, ill ask a friend at gamestop or something. I need to ask two serious questions I understand how to do the soft mod, but how hard would it be able to add a larger hard drive, i don&#39;t have acces to a modded xbox. Also i am willing to spend the money for a real mod chip, but if I don&#39;t have to then I don&#39;t want to what is the advatage of doing it this way a soft mod over a mod chip. Right now im looking at xecuter 2 lite plus and xenium (both of which are soderless).

:alien:

slimboyfatz
05-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by neevakee@18 May 2004 - 04:38
all right i have orderd my xbox, finally, and it is on its way. I will have everything, but the memory card, but i can pick up one of them for cheap, ill ask a friend at gamestop or something. I need to ask two serious questions I understand how to do the soft mod, but how hard would it be able to add a larger hard drive, i don&#39;t have acces to a modded xbox. Also i am willing to spend the money for a real mod chip, but if I don&#39;t have to then I don&#39;t want to what is the advatage of doing it this way a soft mod over a mod chip. Right now im looking at xecuter 2 lite plus and xenium (both of which are soderless).

:alien:
Ok lets start with the Larger HD first...me personally have just the bog-standard 8GIG drive, so i&#39;m aint gonna tell ya how to do it...below is a well written tut. from Xbox-Scene for installing to an UNMODDED Xbox (have a fish around though for other tuts that include images to help you further).....

Installing a larger hard drive on an unmodded Xbox (v0.1)
Tutorial written by : Polaris75
Last edited: November 17, 2003

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE READ THE ENTIRE TUTORIAL AND KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. YOU CAN CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOUR XBOX AND YOUR PC WITH SOME OF THE TOOLS USED HERE. IF YOU ARE AT ALL UNSURE ABOUT ANY OF THE STEPS IN THIS TUTORIAL, HAVE A FRIEND DO THIS FOR YOU, OR PURCHASE A MODCHIP.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO ANY OF YOUR GEAR TRYING THIS.

What you&#39;ll need:
* ConfigMagic (usual places)
* LiveInfo (http://www.team-assembly.com)
* Mech Assault or 007 exploit (usual places)
* Original copy of Mech Assault or 007: Agent Under Fire
* PTSDE (http://www.geocities.com/thestarman3/tool/FreeTools.html#PTSDE)
-OR-
A *nix installation (Can NOT be in VMWare, VMWare does not allow direct disk access)

Getting Ready

1) Download the Mech Assault or 007 exploit and follow the instructions to get it setup and ready. Extract ConfigMagic to the same Directory &#39;Skins&#39; and &#39;BIOS&#39; are in. Add ConfigMagic to your EvoX.ini file so you can load it after running the exploit (read EvoX tutorials on xbox-scene if required.) If you do not have a DHCP server on your LAN, set a static IP address for the Xbox while you are editing the EvoX.ini file.

2) Get a blank floppy and make it a bootdisk (format and "Make MS-DOS bootable" or use any of the many bootdisk images available online.) Download "HDD Unlock/Lock/Disable" and "ATAPWD" from xbox-scene (Tools, Harddrive Tools) and extract them to the bootable floppy. While you&#39;re there, if you do not have "HDD Drivers" download it now.

3a) Use the HD swap trick (instructions on xbox-scene) to put the save on your hard drive.

-OR-

3b) Put the save on a USB memory card, or FTP it to a normal memory card through a modded Xbox, then copy it to the hard drive in your MS dashboard.

Let&#39;s do it&#33;

4) Run your selected exploit (read the exploit&#39;s instructions) to load EvoX, and then run ConfigMagic. Once you&#39;re in ConfigMagic, select "Save EEPROM" or "Backup EEPROM" or whatever the option is to dump your EEPROM to disk.

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING OR PLAY AROUND WITH ANYTHING WHILE YOU ARE IN CONFIGMAGIC&#33;&#33;&#33; IF YOU CHANGE ANYTHING YOU CAN KILL YOUR BOX&#33;&#33;&#33;

5) Restart the Xbox and run the exploit again. FTP to your Xbox and grab all the files ConfigMagic dumped (usually in /E/)

6) Print EEPROMBackup.TXT

7) Shutdown your computer, insert the bootdisk you created in step 2. Connect your Xbox hard drive to the PC and power up. Make sure your BIOS detects it.

8) Run atapwd.exe, find your Xbox hard drive and look at the flags on the far right. These are the flags for a locked hard drive. Remember them so you can later verify that the drive is in fact unlocked.

9) Run hdunlock.exe, then hddisable.exe and unlock your Xbox hard drive with the "XBOX HDD PASSWORD" from the copy of EEPROMBackup.TXT you printed in step 6. Run atapwd.exe to make sure the drive is unlocked.

10) Reboot into Windows

11) Run "HDD Driver". It should tell you it&#39;s found an Xbox hard drive. MAKE SURE it is detecting the correct drive:

(THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT&#33; I have had it think my Pri/Mas 80GB Windows drive was an Xbox drive before. Had I not verified it was detecting the correct device and just went to &#39;restore HD&#39; or something like that I could have very seriously screwed up my PC)
PhysicalDrive0 = Primary Master
PhysicalDrive1 = Primary Slave
PhysicalDrive2 = Secondary Master
PhysicalDrive3 = Secondary Slave

You can ignore any &#39;invalid file size&#39; errors you get (don&#39;t even click ok) and just click on &#39;Tools&#39; then &#39;Backup Harddrive&#39;. This will take a while and you will need ~8-12 GB of hard drive space, depending on how large your original drive is.

12) You can make the PTSDE bootdisk now if you&#39;re doing it that way. Just extract it somewhere and run makeboot.bat with a blank, formatted floppy in the drive.

12) Shutdown your computer and disconnect the original Xbox hard drive. Ensure at this time that your new hard drive is connected.

13a) (PTSDE version) Put in your PTSDE boot floppy and start your computer. PTSDE will start on its own. From the drive selection screen, choose your new Xbox hard drive. Edit offset 0x600 (very start of sector 3, it&#39;s not too far down, you can just use the down arrow and you&#39;ll be there in about 3-5 seconds). Enter 42 52 46 52 (ASCII view on the right should read "BRFR") and write/save the sector to disk.

Restart your computer and boot into Windows. Run "HDD Driver". It should now detect your new hard drive as an Xbox drive (verify with the table in step 11). Click ok and ignore any errors you get (you shouldn&#39;t see any, especially if this is a new hard drive). Click on &#39;Tools&#39;, then &#39;Restore Harddrive&#39;. Load the backup you made in step 11 and tell it to restore the entire drive. Once that is complete close "HDD Driver".

13b) (*nix version) Boot into *nix and mount the partition you saved your Xbox backup to in step 11

Ex. cd /mnt ; mkdir harddrive ; mount /dev/hda2 /mnt/harddrive

Locate the backup

Ex. cd harddrive ; cd xbox_backup ; ls

Figure out what device is your new Xbox hard drive

Ex. dmesg | grep hd

Some of the output should look something like:

hda: Western Digital WD80342A
hdb: Pioneer DVD-R/RW
hdc: Seagate ST310211A
hdd: IBM DTLA-307030

Write your backup to the disk

Ex. dd if=/mnt/harddrive/xbox_backup/drivebackup.bin of=/dev/hdc (if you&#39;re writing it to the Seagate ST310211A in this example)

This will take a LONG TIME.

(If you are confused about any of these steps either read the man pages or just use the PTSDE method.)

14) Shutdown your computer and re-connect your original Xbox hard drive. You should have both drives connected for this step.

15) Boot into Windows and run LiveInfo. You can now either load your EEPROM .bin file you transferred in step 5, or just type in all the EEPROM details from the EEPROMBackup.TXT you printed in step 6.

16) Select your original Xbox hard drive in the drop-down box in the lower section. Compare the calculated Password it produces with the one on your hard copy of EEPROMBackup.TXT. They should match, if they do not, you&#39;ve made a typo in the EEPROM section. If you loaded an EEPROM .bin file rather than typed everything in by hand, make sure you have the correct hard drive selected, and verify all the EEPROM details with the hard copy you printed in step 6 (you may have loaded the wrong file.)

17) If the passwords match, all your EEPROM information is correct. Now select your new Xbox hard drive. Liveinfo will produce a new Calculated Password based on your EEPROM contents and the drive’s serial number, or something like that. Copy this password and print it out (or write it down, but double check it and make sure you’ve got it right if you’re writing it out).

18) Insert the bootdisk you created in step 2 with the HD tools and reboot your computer. Run hdlock.exe and select your new Xbox hard drive. Type in the new Calculated Password Liveinfo made for your new hard drive. BEFORE YOU HIT ENTER, TRIPLE CHECK THAT YOU HAVE TYPED IN THE PASSWORD CORRECTLY. A TYPO HERE CAN RENDER THE DRIVE USELESS AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNLOCK IT.

19) Connect the new drive to your Xbox and power it on. It will boot just like it did before, with all your savegames, and all your data.

20) Now you&#39;ll want to install the font exploit or audio exploit so you can load a BFM BIOS and EvoX so you can use all your new space. Keep your copy of Mech Assault or 007 handy, and go find any of the numerous tutorials on how install the dashboard exploits. You can generally skip the first few step of those tutorials because they just tell you how to use the swap trick or one of the game exploits to gain access to the Xbox hard drive to install the dash exploit, but you&#39;ve already got your selected exploit on the hard drive, so just pop in your original game, load the exploit and you&#39;ll be in EvoX. You can then FTP the font/audio exploit to the box.

Tutorial written by : Polaris75

As for Modchips you check out this link here http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/modtips...3420925,00.html (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/modtips/story/0,24330,3420925,00.html)

It can point you in the direction of some good Solderless chips (you use pins..instead of solder).

Now the debate of Modchip vs. Softmod...well with a softmod you aint gotta open up your Box and tamper with anything (even solderless chips can be problematic)...with a Softmod u can easily restore your box to its original condition..

To be honest there are a lot of things you can do with a Softmod that u can do with a Modchip (ie disabling for Xbox Live, Updating Bios for newer games)...its just down to ya own personal preference.........I&#39;ll leave it with you...Good Luck&#33;&#33; ;)

neevakee
05-18-2004, 09:17 PM
so is there anything that i can not do with a soft mod that i can do with a mod chip.

mutha trucka
06-10-2004, 01:27 AM
New exploit out--ultimate dashboard exploit (UDE). Launches dash of your choice at boot with no risk of clock loop&#33; The “Ultimate Dashboard Exploit” aka UDE, Official thread&#33; (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=217686)

My xbox loads PBL v. 1.4 (to avoid ROJ) and then XBMC.

total_ass
06-11-2004, 06:16 PM
strange, several pages of this topic have disappeared.

veiloctane
06-13-2004, 11:49 PM
hey great info thanks for the info :)

veiloctane
06-14-2004, 12:37 AM
can some one please pm me with info on downgrading your dashboard???

masterpiece21
06-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by total_ass@11 June 2004 - 18:24
strange, several pages of this topic have disappeared.
YA i noticed&#33;i had afew good posts too&#33; :(

masterpiece21
06-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by veiloctane+14 June 2004 - 00:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (veiloctane @ 14 June 2004 - 00:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> can some one please pm me with info on downgrading your dashboard??? [/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-veiloctane@14 June 2004 - 00:45
can some one please pm me with info on downgrading your dashboard???[/quote]
How ab this buddy,Xbox-Scene (http://www.xbox-scene.com),get off cha lazy ass and look for it urself u half ass bush supporter <_<

G2k1boy
06-25-2004, 06:10 PM
i love my xbox now

healimonster
06-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Tech tv ran a segment about modchip-less hacking and they made no mention of Action Replay.

Cant a thumb drive and the free phantasy star USB converter work just fine?

mutha trucka
07-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by healimonster@29 June 2004 - 01:21
Tech tv ran a segment about modchip-less hacking and they made no mention of Action Replay.

Cant a thumb drive and the free phantasy star USB converter work just fine?
Yes, that would work fine.

ofbz
07-11-2004, 11:04 AM
is the xbox-scene site down... or is just my pc...???

does anybody have any info on this???

ttttttttt
07-13-2004, 03:01 AM
i am a lil late but yea it was down

kinopio
07-31-2004, 05:22 PM
hallo to everyone,
can somebody tell me how i can download games for xbox
thanks for the answers :helpsmile:

ChicoTheMan15
08-05-2004, 02:06 AM
I wish I had of found this earlier, I just bought a Xenium Ice mod-chip for about &#036;50 US and went to install and had a prob installing Bios, and i have had to take the chip to get re-flashed. Guess my ? is what is the difference from this method and useing a mod chip, any benefits to using either?

ChicoTheMan15
08-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Can any1 help me out with Mordens Audio Hack download any help would be awsome

neevakee
08-06-2004, 08:35 PM
ChicoTheMan15: you can download the audio hacke form xbins, a guide oon how to use it is on the xboxscene website under turtorials and then under the miscilaneous one. also this solution is more temporary in my mind, i have a mod and it ws easier to put in a new hard drive witha mod chip also i dont have to downgrade or anything like that.

kinopio: if you wish to get a backup copy of a game you already have bittorent is the way to go. It is still not my favoreit way to get backups, I&#39;m an IRC man, but it is the best and it has the widest selection.

zirjacks
08-09-2004, 12:53 AM
do you need the 007 game to load the save every time you want to play a backup?

silent h3ro
08-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by kinopio@31 July 2004 - 13:23
hallo to everyone,
can somebody tell me how i can download games for xbox
thanks for the answers :helpsmile:
Get Bittorent, and get them off suprnova.org. ;)

Tormentor
10-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Get Bittorent, and get them off suprnova.org. ;)

How can you forget about torrentbits???

Pitbul
10-14-2004, 12:38 PM
hey can you play PAL games on a NTSC XBox if you soft-mod it? i thought i read somewhere that you can?

SingaBoiy
10-14-2004, 06:05 PM
hey can you play PAL games on a NTSC XBox if you soft-mod it? i thought i read somewhere that you can?
If your tv can play both PAL and NTSC then yes. As long as the tv is kinda new you should be fine.

gavin2110
06-23-2005, 06:45 PM
hi everyone i know this has prob been asked many times and belive me i have searched for the answers but im still a little confused :wacko:
So if i tell you all what i have and what i want to do maybe somebody with more of a clue than i have can help

i have
1 crystal xbox
1 200g hdd
007 rouge agent
action replay for xbox
1 ms mem card

so as you can guess im trying to mod my box but as im a noob at all this i aint got a clue where to start i know i want mxm and i also know i need to downgrade my ms dash ( HOW ) and put the new hdd in ( HOW ) putting the mod on sounds simple and i have got instructions on how to do that its the other 2 things listed above i aint got a clue to do.
So please can someone email me and idiot proof step by step guide on how to do it PLEEEESE
Thanks all :)

Spicker
06-25-2005, 10:12 PM
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=244043&st=0

theres an easier method, and it doesnt require any extra accessories such as teh AR or the game saves etc...

FSG
07-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I just installed this and it works great and you CAN use actionreplay cards it worked the first time for me.

SilentImpact
07-19-2005, 04:32 AM
well ive been trying to do this for awhile now...ive tried different files n everything...im using mechassault game to try and do the soft mod.but it is not working.

ok this is what i do.

i fiound the file that u need to put on the action replay.and so i found it..and then put it on the action replay.then i connected the memory card to the xbox..and copied the file to my xbox harddrive.and then i shut off my xbox. ( no reason) then i turn it back on.and then i inserted the game.and loaded up the file and then the screen went blank for like 2 seconds..and i guess its suppose to load up this screen ..where i have to install something..but instead i get this..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/Robert_Delacruz/ScreenShowsWhenTryingToSoftMod.jpg

and then it just stays like that..it doesnt change or anything....and now i have tried it with 007 agent under fire.and it did the same thing..so i thought that id go buy mechassault and try it with that (thinking that it was the game.) and its a original copy of the game..and then i came home 2day and still nothing...i got the same screen. now does anyone knowwhy i get this screen?

could it be because i have put lights in my xbox..and my eject button light doesnt work?.i dont think so...well when i tried to solder the lights..i did it wrong...

does anyone have a conclusion? is there any other way i can get the soft mod to work?
do i need a updated dashboard.? need a older version? please let me know.

imma no0b at this soft modding stuff..but after reading 5 different guides on how to do it..i thought id got the hang of it..but i guess not...

is there anything that i can do to get it working?

Fuzzo
07-21-2005, 01:26 PM
For softmodding I suggest Krayzies UXE Installer, its much more updated/better.

chucky_digital
07-22-2005, 12:27 AM
well ive been trying to do this for awhile now...ive tried different files n everything...im using mechassault game to try and do the soft mod.but it is not working.

ok this is what i do.

i fiound the file that u need to put on the action replay.and so i found it..and then put it on the action replay.then i connected the memory card to the xbox..and copied the file to my xbox harddrive.and then i shut off my xbox. ( no reason) then i turn it back on.and then i inserted the game.and loaded up the file and then the screen went blank for like 2 seconds..and i guess its suppose to load up this screen ..where i have to install something..but instead i get this..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/Robert_Delacruz/ScreenShowsWhenTryingToSoftMod.jpg

and then it just stays like that..it doesnt change or anything....and now i have tried it with 007 agent under fire.and it did the same thing..so i thought that id go buy mechassault and try it with that (thinking that it was the game.) and its a original copy of the game..and then i came home 2day and still nothing...i got the same screen. now does anyone knowwhy i get this screen?

could it be because i have put lights in my xbox..and my eject button light doesnt work?.i dont think so...well when i tried to solder the lights..i did it wrong...

does anyone have a conclusion? is there any other way i can get the soft mod to work?
do i need a updated dashboard.? need a older version? please let me know.

imma no0b at this soft modding stuff..but after reading 5 different guides on how to do it..i thought id got the hang of it..but i guess not...

is there anything that i can do to get it working?

I just softmodded my xbox with auf and ar when i first tried it I got the same thing you did I am thinking it was a bad game save I used Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq that worked great loaded the soft mod evox dash and I can copy games to my HDD if you have trouble finding the soft mod installer im me on yahoo my screen name is chucky_digital129

SilentImpact
07-22-2005, 03:47 AM
hmm..well..for the mechassault game u used it?

if so..can u point me into the direction to get that file i need to soft mod my xbox?please please oh pleaseee.thanksa lot! :) :) :)

chucky_digital
07-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I got it to work with 007 agent under fire I cant remember I think I got it from torrentreactor.net try searching for it there

ead2
07-28-2005, 10:23 AM
If I soft mod my xbox is it possible to play online? If not is it possible to put the operating system on another hard drive replace the original and save original? Make xbox play copied games and if ever need to be sold then put old original hard drive back?

drjohnanus
09-04-2005, 04:23 AM
where do i get mordans hack 007 or is that the game?

give me a break i am new to this.

Someone please tell me where i can get Mordens Audio Hack 007. YOU can im on at aol my name is Ruckth3fules or H4CK3N

weedman
09-17-2005, 07:19 AM
yeah good post

method007
11-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi all if i follow this method described here to softmod my xbox can i later mod chip with any problem ? furthermore does softmoding xbox voids the warrany ? How safe is this method ?I be happy if an expert answer my questions.Thank

SECTOR
11-16-2005, 06:51 PM
tnx

colt45joe
11-16-2005, 11:59 PM
shouldnt this tutorial be updated? :mellow:

suprafreak6
11-17-2005, 12:51 AM
everyone uses klb's guide check it out

colt45joe
11-21-2005, 04:51 AM
everyone uses klb's guide check it out

:frusty:

..yea

suprafreak6
11-21-2005, 11:55 PM
its okay man no need to go all monitor banging on me

suprafreak6
11-26-2005, 04:37 PM
...okay well i suggest klb's guide as its way easier, so halliluya or however u spell it

pimpim1458
02-13-2006, 01:26 PM
:naughty: :naughty:
i love my xbox now
:01: :01: :blushing: :blushing: :angry: :ph34r: :frusty:

howdoisoftmod?
02-17-2006, 06:41 AM
HOW DO I SOFT MOD MY XBOX.I MUST TO WENT TO HELLA WEBSITES AND SIGHEND UP BUT I CANT FIND THE WRIGHT PERSON TO TELL ME HOW TO SOFTMOD.:angry: :angry: IF SOMEONE HAS A STEP TO STEP METHOD TO SOFTMOD MY XBOX, FROM THE COMPUTER, PLEASE SEND A EMAIL FROM STEP ONE TO INSTALLING IT AND ALL THAT STUFF. I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SAWDER MY XBOX I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DOWN LOAD IT OR WHAT EVER I DO.I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH SOFTMODS. MY CONTACTS ARE [email protected], AND INSTANT MESSENGER AT [email protected]. THANKS

muskrat_love
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Try asking without the caps. You might get more responses.

SKDgarbage
03-11-2006, 05:17 PM
I have a halo edition xbox V1.4 dash 5960(?) I have action replay and a 512 jump drive as a memory card. I've read tons of forums on the entire soft modding process and I think I get it... I'm just not entirely sure how to downgrade the dash, plus I need the 4920 dash ^_^ my overall goal is to get linux running on my box. If anyone could send me links or info or tips or not call me a noob it'd be much appriciated! Thanks!

colt45joe
03-13-2006, 02:52 AM
xbox-scene.net

Sarge-peel
05-26-2006, 02:25 PM
ty nice site

add2
05-27-2006, 12:34 PM
so u can hack ur xb without any hardware. So why did I spend money on a modchip

noodlesis
05-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Im just double checking, theres ABSOLUTELY no way to ftp a game save??? My computer doesnt have the requirements for an action replay... And i dont want to have to upgrade. I had to scrap the usb drives to get the better video card.

hisamrain
06-22-2006, 02:20 AM
Great help.
thanks

fuzzysnow38
05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
i soft modded my xbox.. but it doesnt let me download updates, and there is a MANDATORY update for halo... can someone tell me how to get the soft mods off of my xbox?

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 07:11 PM
thanks and it will be help me when i get one