PDA

View Full Version : I Cant Find My Files! (help)

test2speed
01-24-2004, 07:07 AM
in EmUle i download 3 games and non are in Temp folder or
Incoming folder help!!!!!! :helpsmile: , it says their in c:\Program Files\eMule\TEMP

But their not! help!!!!! plz if you want , replay and ask for an PIC AND I'LL SHOW YOU ONE

THANX :ph34r:

guit_steel
01-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Still there? PM me if u like and I'll help u out.

If not, open the eMule program folder. There will be a subfolder named Temp. If u have not designated another temp folder, this is where ur files should be. If they're not there, try a Windows search for the files.

This should work but I'll got a couple more if not. Good luck.

ck-uk
01-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Sometimes it takes a while to complete mate ,sometimes they done at all.

If you look in the temp folder you'll see a large "part file" near enought the same size as yours,just rename it over. :)

test2speed
01-24-2004, 07:58 PM
heres an PIC
http://www.nrg.to/redgamerstk/emulesucks.jpg

See , it ant in the temp , theya ll are

.dat files!

thisiswhoweare
01-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Are you sure they are complete?
The progress bar is red, so its not completed, no sources, or its only got a few chunks (cant be a lot as there would be a lot more black or green parts or whatever color it is.)

guit_steel
01-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Just to follow up on thisiswhoweare's post: U do realize that insomplete files r shared, right test2speed? All files r listed in ur shared folder in the GUI, not just completed files.

test2speed
01-24-2004, 08:40 PM
How long do i have 2 wait see my files???? in folder?? , that i can use them

thisiswhoweare
01-24-2004, 09:18 PM
well you can only use files if they are complete...

so when they are complete :huh:

ck-uk
01-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by test2speed@24 January 2004 - 18:58
heres an PIC
http://www.nrg.to/redgamerstk/emulesucks.jpg

See , it ant in the temp , theya ll are

.dat files!
What dat files mate ?

Did you read my first reply mate ?

I can see two large "part" files.

001 002

thisiswhoweare
01-24-2004, 10:01 PM
he prob reckons since these files have no "specific" icon format, then they are like the kazaa .dat files.

In emuleplus, the files arent shown in the shared list unless they have at least a single complete chunk. But i can't say about emule though.

When you add a file to the list, the relevant part file and part.met file are stored into temp as XXX.part and XXX.part.met, where XXX will be some number.

Its only when it completes does it move to the incoming folder, and become renamed to the right name.