PDA

View Full Version : Two Towers 3 Cd Version

geprobert
03-02-2003, 03:21 AM
I have searched all I can to find something on this - sorry if I missed it, I looked at all posts about the Two Towers 3 CD version right back to when the hash was first posted.

Anyway, I know that people have had problems with the AC3 audio and also that there were major glitches in the 2CD version, but this is something different.

I have all 3 avi's now, and I am bed-wettingly happy about it too! The only thing is, the frame-rate doesn't seem quite right. As I said no-one seems to have mentioned it before, so I concuded it was maybe that I was being fussy! It seems just noticably jerky (only very slightly), and it gets more noticable the longer you watch. But of course, it is a small price to pay for having the things at all!! p2p is the best!!

So, does anyone else with the movie at least know what I mean, even if they don't agree that it is an issue? I have got all the right codecs and such like, all my other movies play fine and I have also tried different Media Players - ZoomPlayer, WMP, AVIPreview, PowerDVD, etc.

Anyway, any feedback would be heartily welcomed! Thank you very much for your time!! :P

El_Jefe
03-02-2003, 05:43 AM
I have the three cd version, and it ran smoothly on my PC(using ZoomPlayer). So it shouldn't be the files( at least not in the way you've described), maybe it's a hardware acceleration problem. What kind of vid card to you have? Try adjusting the graphics hardware acceleration setting, and see if that doesn't help.

geprobert
03-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I'm using a GeForce 2 MX400 64MB, and everything else to do with the display is fine. Watching DVD's, watching other movie files (like the Star Wars trilogy, and The Fellowship). Just these three files. I guess the next move would be to try it on MY computer (I am using my g/f's, as she has the ADSL connection!).

I am currently downloading the 2 CD version, which I have looked at in AVI Preview, and doesn't have the same problem with me. The quality is noticably better on the 3CD version, but the 2CD ver is certainly good enough.

Oh well, I've already got 69MB of Disc 1 and 120MB of Disc 2... damn I love Filesharing!!

Ynhockey
03-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Try BSPlayer 0.86 - it's a good utility that consumes very little resources, so you can get the most out of the actual video.

Schmiggy_JK23
03-03-2003, 08:05 AM
No issues here, mine plays beautifully. Great flick, and great quality.

ShareDaddy
03-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Definitely, with your video card use a no nonsense video player like Lunacy or something that does not use too many resources. Make sure to restart your PC and run nothing else while you are watching it. I have the 3 disc version and it plays great, however I have loads of RAM and a 128mb Nvidia GeForce TI 4600.

Good luck.