PDA

View Full Version : Player Problems

lol23
01-24-2004, 06:48 PM
can any1 please help none of my players will play anything properly. the picture on anything i try to play has lines all the way across. it is not jus downloads its anything. i have win media player win dvd and also video lan and its the same on all of them. its somet in the comp n i dont know wot or how to fix n its becoming very annoying! :angry:
i have a dell c600 latitude laptop.
plse help someone any suggestions would be great :helpsmile:
it happened once b4 n i installed video lan n that then worked fine n eventually so did win mwdia player but this time nothing works
ive tried system restore n also uninstalling n reinstalling video lan but nothing!!
any reply would be appreciated
cheers
lorns

jus to add i have tried various virus scan software n cant find anything.
also if i change the video output module in vlc from default to windows gdi video output then it will play without the lines but only in a small window which u cant enlarge???? :unsure:
can any1 pse :helpsmile:

shn
01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by lol23@24 January 2004 - 12:48
can any1 please help none of my players will play anything properly. the picture on anything i try to play has lines all the way across. it is not jus downloads its anything. i have win media player win dvd and also video lan and its the same on all of them. its somet in the comp n i dont know wot or how to fix n its becoming very annoying! :angry:
i have a dell c600 latitude laptop.
plse help someone any suggestions would be great :helpsmile:
it happened once b4 n i installed video lan n that then worked fine n eventually so did win mwdia player but this time nothing works
ive tried system restore n also uninstalling n reinstalling video lan but nothing!!
any reply would be appreciated
cheers
lorns

jus to add i have tried various virus scan software n cant find anything.
also if i change the video output module in vlc from default to windows gdi video output then it will play without the lines but only in a small window which u cant enlarge????  :unsure:
can any1 pse :helpsmile:
Video lan does that with shitty ms media files like asf, asx, and so on. Wmv it plays ok.

But the ones above will not play in full screen without half the screen being screwed up.

You can use media player classic because its pretty good with asf and other ms media files.. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ackage_id=84358 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358)