PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help As Soon As Possible!

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 07:19 PM
last night, i was having trouble uninstalling a program but i finally got it uninstalled. i also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with. then i restarted my computer, and everything is super slow. i looked in task manager and my cpu usage was at 100%
svchost.exe was using 99% of the conputer and system idle process was using nothing. i though i must have deleted some important registry entries so i used the backup file and added all the deleted ones back in and rebooted. however that did not help. nothing changed in my computer. IExplorer kept crashing an when i tried to open IE or My Computer a message popped up saying "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
so i added the registry entries again nothing changed, and turned off my computer.
This morning, svchost.exe is not using any of the cpu and my computer appears to be normal, however, i still get "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
i did a scan with ad-aware and it only found trackign cookies.
can anyone help me?

Rocktron
01-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Last night, i was having trouble uninstalling a program.
But i finally got it uninstalled. I also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with.
Then i restarted my computer, and everything is super slow.
I looked in task manager and my cpu usage was at 100% svchost.exe was using 99% of the conputer.
And system idle process was using nothing. i though i must have deleted some important registry entries so i used the backup
file and added all the deleted ones back in and rebooted.

However that did not help. Nothing changed in my computer.
IExplorer kept crashing and when i tried to open IE or My Computer a message popped up saying "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
So i added the registry entries again nothing changed, and turned off my computer.
This morning, svchost.exe is not using any of the cpu and my computer appears to be normal, however, i still get "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL".
I did a scan with ad-aware and it only found trackign cookies.

Can anyone help me?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry man.. i just made a edit so it was a bit more easy to read....

Hope it helps.. (i don't know what the problem is though)
This is a great board. Just wait for the solving answer.

Rocky

dgmortal
01-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:19
last night, i was having trouble uninstalling a program but i finally got it uninstalled. i also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with. then i restarted my computer, and everything is super slow. i looked in task manager and my cpu usage was at 100%
svchost.exe was using 99% of the conputer and system idle process was using nothing. i though i must have deleted some important registry entries so i used the backup file and added all the deleted ones back in and rebooted. however that did not help. nothing changed in my computer. IExplorer kept crashing an when i tried to open IE or My Computer a message popped up saying "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
so i added the registry entries again nothing changed, and turned off my computer.
This morning, svchost.exe is not using any of the cpu and my computer appears to be normal, however, i still get "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
i did a scan with ad-aware and it only found trackign cookies.
can anyone help me?theres not much you can do if you restored the backup that was created. regseeker is still beta software. for this reason, the results you got from using it should be expected. it is probably the worst reg cleaner i have ever come across. my best suggestion is to use a stable reg cleaner. im sure if you search softwareworld, youll come across several suggestions for regcleaners. as far as the system problem youre having....unless you can find out the registry keys and values that were deleted or changed to cause the problem, you may need to do a repair installation of windows to fix the problem. you may wish to contact the programmer to ask if they know a solution to this problem. you may avoid having to reinstall windows if they have come across this already and know how to fix it. just a note....from now on, be very careful with beta software. beta software's main purpose is for testing to eliminate problems like the one youre having.

edit: you can contact them at
regseeker at hoverdesk dot net

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 07:55 PM
i had no idea regseeker was beta software and i have only heard good things about it on this board. anyway, i added the back up to the registry again. why woudl it sill be messed up?
and also, im not even sure that the problem is from the registry cleaner. It could be anything.

dgmortal
01-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:55
i had no idea regseeker was beta software and i have only heard good things about it on this board. anyway, i added the back up to the registry again. why woudl it sill be messed up?
and also, im not even sure that the problem is from the registry cleaner. It could be anything.
it is the regcleaner that caused the problem. it did the same thing to me....but my backup worked. im not sure why yours didnt. i used an older beta version...so if youre using the newest beta, something may have been changed that will cause the backup not to work. try contacting them....im sure they have had many complaints about this specific issue. and it may be a good regcleaner....except it finds all problems that may exist in the registry, but you have to manually choose the ones which may still be important to the system so that it doesnt delete them. just for that it gets my disapproval. any good regcleaner should filter known things that are important by default.

p.s...here is the default exclusion list for regseeker.....

# RegSeeker Exclusion List (Registry Cleaner)

# RegSeeker copyright 2002-2003 - Hover Inc.
# All rights reserved
# Hover Inc. website : http://www.hoverdesk.net
# RegSeeker website : http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

# To add an element, please follow the rules below :
# 0 = HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
# 1 = HKEY_CURRENT_USER
# 2 = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
# 3 = HKEY_USERS
# Examples :
# To exclude the key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/MyApp
# simply add the line : 1|Software\MyApp
# to remove an exclusion, simply put a # in front of it or delete the line

0|.DAT
0|.hta
0|.htc
0|.manifest
0|Applications\MOZILL~1.EXE
0|Applications\WINWORD.EXE\TaskbarExceptionsIcons\explorer.exe,16

1|Software\Lexmark
1|Software\JavaSoft
1|Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

2|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentVersion\AeDebug
2|SOFTWARE\lexmark\MarkVision\LexBCE\Debug Options
2|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\WDM
2|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\WDM\DREDGE

3|S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
3|S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
3|S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\CreatedLinks

not very complete is it? <_<

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 08:08 PM
can&#39;t blame it all on regseeker....

Originally posted by Rocktron@24 January 2004 - 11:29

the app you uninstalled might have removed the said .dll
i&#39;ve used regseeker for a while now and never had it do anything remotely
related to what you experienced B)

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:10 PM
the app i uninstaleld was a guitar pro 4.0.7 demo.
maybe i will reinstall it and see if the rror message disappears.

cwctv
01-24-2004, 08:11 PM
I agree with FKDUP74 the program as gone but the strings are still in the registry or maybe with Xp in the boot ini,what program was it ?

dgmortal
01-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+24 January 2004 - 13:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 &#064; 24 January 2004 - 13:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> can&#39;t blame it all on regseeker....

<!--QuoteBegin-Rocktron@24 January 2004 - 11:29

the app you uninstalled might have removed the said .dll
i&#39;ve used regseeker for a while now and never had it do anything remotely
related to what you experienced B) [/b][/quote]
yeah but i didnt uninstall anything before it did it to me. but you can try reinstalling the app that you unistalled to see if it may be the problem...maybe it was a coincidence between your problem and the one i had in the past. reinstalling the app may replace the file in question and everything could return to normal, or if its a file from the app you uninstalled, try using a different reg cleaner. thats a suggestion, but the reg backup was all i need to fix it before.

cwctv
01-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Posted at the same time go into the registry and under edit search for the entries of guitar pro .

i also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with. then i restarted my computer

I have just gone over it again you should always reboot before cleaning the registry.

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by dg_mortal@24 January 2004 - 12:11
yeah but i didnt uninstall anything before it did it to me.
really? :unsure:
well like i said, it hasnt happened to me....yet.... :lol:

but its gotta be the .dll file he talked about,
since the reg replacement didnt work

@ninjamonkey
if you got any questions about wether or not regseeker replaced the entries correctly,
just navigate to the folder where you got the backups, and double click em,
regedit should put em back

*edit for spelling :P *

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:25 PM
fk, i did use the back ups. 3 times haha. the first time, regseeker had a probelm and had to close. so i added them a second tiem. nothing changed in ym computer, so i tried one more time. nothing changed.
i reinstalled guitar pro 4.0.7 and rebooted but my computer still gets the error.
when i opened guitar pro it said i wa son day 21 of 30, as if i had never uninstalled it.

THIS SUCKS BAD. :helpsmile:

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:25
i reinstalled guitar pro 4.0.7 and rebooted but my computer still gets the error.

ok, re-install IE, that should get your .dll back
re-installing GP wont help, IMO, if it erroneously deleted a .dll that it wasnt supposed to
(that it shouldn&#39;t be associated with)

did you get a message about shared .dll&#39;s during un-install?
something about "this .dll is no longer needed...."?

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:32 PM
no i did not see anythign about shared dlls

dgmortal
01-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 13:25
fk, i did use the back ups. 3 times haha. the first time, regseeker had a probelm and had to close. so i added them a second tiem.&nbsp; nothing changed in ym computer, so i tried one more time. nothing changed.
when i opened guitar pro it said i wa son day 21 of 30, as if i had never uninstalled it.

if you were using a trial of an app...99% of the time, uninstlaling wont reset the time limit ;) .

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:34 PM
last night i did use regcleaner to remove one startup item which was qqtask.exe

anyway, fk, qwhy just reinstall IE?
it also happens when i open up "my computer"

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by dg_mortal+24 January 2004 - 20:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dg_mortal @ 24 January 2004 - 20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 13:25
fk, i did use the back ups. 3 times haha. the first time, regseeker had a probelm and had to close. so i added them a second tiem. nothing changed in ym computer, so i tried one more time. nothing changed.

if you were using a trial of an app...99% of the time, uninstlaling wont reset the time limit ;) . [/b][/quote]
actually, it resets the limit fo rme 80% of the time
why did you take out the stuff about startup items in your post?

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:34
anyway, fk, qwhy just reinstall IE?
it also happens when i open up "my computer"
oh, now you tell me :lol:
i just mentioned IE cause what i read about your error...
if i missed something my appologies :D

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:39 PM
its alright, i also mentioned My Computer before though. ;)

:helpsmile:

dgmortal
01-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 13:36
why did you take out the stuff about startup items in your post?
i realized that it probly had nothing to do with the problem after further review of the entire thread ;) :rolleyes:

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:42 PM
oh, well i thought it might. i only get the error the first time i try to open IE or My Computer.

another program i uninstalled kast night was FLStudio (Fruity Loops)

would system restore possible fix my problem?

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:39
its alright, i also mentioned My Computer before though. ;)

:helpsmile:
:D oops... :D
man, it was so much simpler if it was only IE :P
and you tried restoring the reg entries through regedit?

i dont know, but i still stand by the idea that GP removed something it shouldn&#39;t have

tried system restore yet? maybe roll it back a couple of days?

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:50 PM
no i havent done a system restore.
the problem started last night.
does system restore restore deleted files?

dgmortal
01-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 13:50
no i havent done a system restore.
the problem started last night.
does system restore restore deleted files?
it may....no guarantees though. try that to see if it fixes the problem. since the file is associated with ie and explorer, it should restore the file and fix the problem. but you will lose alot of things that you have done since the restore point you choose. so if you have any files you know you have changed or added since then, its a good idea to make backup copies of them first.

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:56 PM
man this sucks. is it possible to make a checkpoint for this time so that if i do a system resotre and it doesnt help, i can get back to this point?

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by dg_mortal@24 January 2004 - 12:54
it may....no guarantees though.
agreed...no guarantees...but worth a shot :)
(it beats the hell outta havin to reinstall windows :lol: )

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:56
man this sucks. is it possible to make a checkpoint for this time so that if i do a system resotre and it doesnt help, i can get back to this point?
yep, when you open up system restore,
you&#39;ll see two options, "restore to an earlier time",
and "create a restore point" B)

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 08:59 PM
and i&#39;ll be able to go back to it despite the fact that it is not "earlier"

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 09:00 PM
yep B)

dgmortal
01-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+24 January 2004 - 13:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 @ 24 January 2004 - 13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:56
yep, when you open up system restore,
you&#39;ll see two options, restore to an earlier time,
and create a restore point B) [/b][/quote]
it automatically creates an undo restore point in case the restore doesnt help. after the restore is complete, when you go into system restore you should see a new entry called "system restore operation" (or something like that) with the date and time with it. you can use that to revert back if the restore operation doesnt help anything.

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 09:01 PM
thanks, i think i will try it.

fkdup74
01-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 13:01
thanks, i think i will try it.
its worth a try, its saved me a couple of times :)
(norton errors if i remember right)

100%
01-24-2004, 09:06 PM
After what i got out of this thread so far is that,

you keep getting "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL" after you boot

look here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...G=Google+Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Error%3A+Failed+to+Load+Resource+DLL&btnG=Google+Search)

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 09:16 PM
ok i retored to 11:00 pm last night jan 23
my computer seems to be workign properly again. im goign to try uninstallign FLStudio again and seeing if that causes the problem again

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 09:44 PM
i discovered the problem.
the problem is FLSTudio.

after i resotred i uninstaleld guitar pro and deleted it. then i rebooted, i did not get the error message.
then, i tried uninstallign FLStudio. i rebooted, not i get the error. im goign to try installing it again.

ninjamonkey
01-24-2004, 10:22 PM
how cna i uninstall it without it messing up my computer again?

peat moss
01-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Ninja if system restore does&#39;nt work try system repair for DLL troubles

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

ninjamonkey
01-25-2004, 01:18 AM
system resotre did work, its just that i can&#39;t uninstall Fruity Loops without it causing the DLL problem again.

dgmortal
01-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 15:22
how cna i uninstall it without it messing up my computer again?
start by deleting the uninstall entry for it and then do a manual uninstall. delete the folder for fruity loops, then run a reg cleaner (try one that has a filter list so you dont end up with the slow computer problem again) and let it remove all references to fruity loop files. i suggest the reg cleaner in ace utilities, but thats just what i use and its just my opinion. anything other than regseeker would be good.....its way too thorough :rolleyes: .

ninjamonkey
01-25-2004, 02:00 AM
that wont cause the same DLL problem?
and can you lik the ace utilities reg cleaner?
and what uninstall entry do i delete?

dgmortal
01-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Ace Utilities (http://www.acelogix.com/)

this program has an uninstall manager too. just go to optimize>uninstall manager and find the entry for fruity loops. highlight it and then click on remove instead of uninstall. the dll that is causing the problem is most likely in the system folder, so after removing the uninstall entry, delete the fruity loops directory. then run the reg cleaner and let it remove the invalid entries it finds. this should be the end of fruity loops and that error.

edit...this is what i found on the fl studio website......

As a regular installer (using regular compression) would turn our 17mb package (using WinRar) into a 35mb download we decided not to include an uninstaller.

Do delete FL Studio just delete the directory in which FL Studio is installed from your harddisk.
they even suggest just deleting the program manually. ;)

ninjamonkey
01-25-2004, 02:20 AM
well, im not getting the error anymore. :lol:
but i will try ace utilities out.

ninjamonkey
01-25-2004, 02:26 AM
the version i have does have an uninstaller though. thats very weird.
so i shoud just look in program files and then delete the FLStudio folder?

dg, could you PM me the serial if you have it? (for ace utilities)

dgmortal
01-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 19:26
the version i have does have an uninstaller though. thats very weird.
so i shoud just look in program files and then delete the FLStudio folder?

dg, could you PM me the serial if you have it? (for ace utilities)
yep

PM sent ;)

fkdup74
01-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by dg_mortal@24 January 2004 - 18:15
As a regular installer (using regular compression) would turn our 17mb package (using WinRar) into a 35mb download we decided not to include an uninstaller.
well, that was mighty white of em, wasn&#39;t it <_<
just cause of a few MB? all it does is give people hell, over a few MB....

anyway dg, glad you brought up ace
(i use jv16, but heard good of ace too)
i didnt want to add to NM&#39;s misery by recommending another app :P :lol:

ninjamonkey
02-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey, what ever happened to "Regcleaner"?
I just found a folder in my programs called regcleaner and then i remembered this thread. I must have installed the program. Where can i get the installer again?