PDA

View Full Version : How To Change My Ip Adress ?

Dark Ride
01-25-2004, 04:15 AM
I got banned on a forum becouse I spoke about the PS2 BIOS,and I didn't know that it's not allowed.

Is there a progy that could help me change my IP adress so I can access the board.I know about: Tools->Internet Options->Connection->LAN ... etc, but I tought there is maybe a progy that makes it more simple and maybe can search for usefull working IPs

Regards,
- Dark Ride B)

P.S.

If this belongs to "Internet World", please move it there ...

iMartin
01-25-2004, 04:22 AM
The best thing I can think of to do is to set up a proxy. :unsure:

shn
01-25-2004, 04:32 AM
Most of theese dont even work. I dont know why its pinned topix. <_<

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=61101

AndrewBarker
01-25-2004, 04:35 AM
unless of course, you have a dynamic IP, whereas you would just disconnect from the internet for an hour (or so) renconnect and hope your IP&#39;s changed

I.am
01-25-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by AndrewBarker@24 January 2004 - 21:35
unless of course, you have a dynamic IP, whereas you would just disconnect from the internet for an hour (or so) renconnect and hope your IP&#39;s changed
Probably switch the cable modem off. and turn it back after a while.

Otherwise you can use proxies to connect.

james_bond_rulez
01-25-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Dark Ride@24 January 2004 - 19:15
I got banned on a forum becouse I spoke about the PS2 BIOS,and I didn&#39;t know that it&#39;s not allowed.

Is there a progy that could help me change my IP adress so I can access the board.I know about: Tools->Internet Options->Connection->LAN ... etc, but I tought there is maybe a progy that makes it more simple and maybe can search for usefull working IPs

Regards,
- Dark Ride B)

P.S.

If this belongs to "Internet World", please move it there ...
what kind of internet connection u have?

if it&#39;s 56k then dont worry about it, ur ip changes everytime u log in

cable/adsl/dsl, in windows 2000/xp, go to start - run - type "cmd" without quotes - in the dos window type "ipconfig /release" without quote, then unplug ur modem, wait 10-15 seconds, plug it back, type "ipconfig /renew" in the dos box again u should get a new ip.

if you have a router has the virtual mac function: just change the mac address then do the "release" and "renew" thing, no need to unplug the modem

i hope this is clear nuff ;)

Dark Ride
01-25-2004, 05:13 AM
I have a 56k modem ;) (and of course dynamic IP)

I hope it&#39;ll work.Couse sometimes my don&#39;t changes for a few days. :huh: Maybe becouse I&#39;m online most of the time :D jk

h1
01-25-2004, 06:32 AM
7thElement or Error403 could just have banned the first one or two numbers in your IP octet. In that case, you&#39;re fucked.