PDA

View Full Version : I Start A File Dl, Get The "get" Message

Keer
01-26-2004, 03:20 AM
Ok,this has happened more than once where i get a file and after finding someplace that finally sends the file, it stays on the getting file and then it stops, is it a problem on my side or theirs? i have been able to get files before. Also what is the best serach engine for irc's and what times are better to get files?

BawA
01-26-2004, 08:33 AM
just cheak if "file type ignoring" is enabled

Dcc\Ignor --->Disable

Keer
01-26-2004, 06:47 PM
it is unchecked, and the ignore is disabled, after i confirm to get the file, it says accepting file,,, then stops and says, connection failed and ends there, its happening all the time now!

Mercy
01-26-2004, 10:55 PM
well .. accepting send and means there is a problem connecting to the bot .. i dont think it is ur side since u said u can get it from other bots .. so it is the bot itself .. may be a firewall or so

Keer
01-27-2004, 03:44 AM
thanx, don't know why but i am having this problem more and more now,

Keer
01-27-2004, 10:49 PM
i keep getting this message when other dl come thru
*** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)

Mercy
01-28-2004, 02:32 AM
have ever been able to download anything ?
got dcc options adjusted right ? (i.e. auto get file - auto resume - & dcc ignore disabled) ?
do u have a firewall ? tried disabling it ?
behind NAT ? tried to forward DCC ports ?

Keer
01-28-2004, 03:14 AM
I was able to DL , main problem i am having is from prince of persia, files and some others! i have my firewall disabled don't know how to forward a port though!

Mercy
01-29-2004, 01:43 PM
forwarding ports .. thats if ur behind NAT .. and u do it from ur router configuration ..
but it seems it is not ur side .. thats the bot side .. happen all the time .. just try other bots
good luck :)