PDA

View Full Version : The Blair Witch Project

Keikan
01-26-2004, 11:12 AM
In October of 1994, three student filmmakers disappeared in the woods near Burkittsville, Maryland while shooting a documentary.
A year later their footage was found.......... :ph34r:

So has anyone watched this movie? Is it scary? Is it good?

{I}{K}{E}
01-26-2004, 11:17 AM
its not scary but it's a good film because it's unique, haven't seen a movie that looks the same ;)

chalice
01-26-2004, 11:38 AM
The last five minutes is pretty scary.

I'd love to have watched it before all the hype.

DarkLaw
01-26-2004, 11:40 AM
You're jsut NOW hearing about this movie?..... :blink: have you been living on a small island with no TV? No computer? ... no ...:;gasp:: ....media!? :unsure: Wow....i thought this was one of the top 50 movies of ALL time....period. Not a movie I would watch over and over or brag about, but def worth seeing at least once. It was kinda scary in the sense that it seemed so real. The creative genius behind this simple low budget movie should have gotten multiple awards for the originality of it. Like I said, don't think i am in love with this movie or anything...Ive watched it maybe 2 or 3 times. But nonetheless, the sheer originality of this was just awesome. Watch it!!! B) :)

Keikan
01-26-2004, 11:43 AM
No I heard of this movie but payed no interest because i was like 8 years old?

tarzan
01-26-2004, 03:46 PM
you know some people said it wasn't scary,but when i first watched it,it scared the piss outta me.
those damn crakling sounds that they kept hearing off in the wood,eeiry shit

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-26-2004, 03:57 PM
:blink: Just looked at this dudes info.Born 1989.Ok...I can see why he has not seen it now. :blink:

5bellies
01-26-2004, 04:15 PM
what is the title?

Aaron_T
01-27-2004, 12:36 AM
this movie is the worst movie ive seen in my life

MuGen_PoWeR
01-27-2004, 12:51 AM
The movie was ok but after a while it gets gay and boring so if you can just rent it couz it isnt worth the time to download

100%
01-27-2004, 12:52 AM
I turned on the tv one night and thought it was real
fantastic concept

BiG_HeaD
01-27-2004, 02:21 AM
Just to Let you guys know, I seen the women Actor on a LoW Bidgit SCI FI Channel Movie. It was back in 2001, After that, I knew it was fake. I wrote the Chicks name down after looking at the InFO button, But i Freakin Lost it.

So, Ya, The Movies Fake. PLus, Part 2 of it wasnt better.

Draconos
01-27-2004, 03:26 AM
The girls name is Heather Novak I beleive, its the same as her name in blair witch,and Blaire Witch 2 truelly sucks balls, the only unique thing about it is that, if you watch it backwards you "see" messeges left by the blaire withch on the video.

I liked the first, mainly cause it was a new format and it was creappy...

D

hobbes
01-27-2004, 03:42 AM
The movie is best watched without knowing anything about it.

I saw it drunk and not knowing a thing about it.

It is absolutely the best lead in to a ghost story I have ever seen. The black and white shots of the leafless trees really contribute to the atmosphere.

Well worth a watch, alone, in the dark.

Robert00000
01-27-2004, 03:44 AM
I avoided watching the movie when there was a lot of hype around it, cos i didnt think a low budget movie could be any good inspite of the hype.

But channel 4 (uk tv) broadcast it a few months ago, and it was better than i had imagined, the concept was original and the acting convincing.

For a low budget film i would rate it the second best i've seen (after braindead).

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
01-27-2004, 07:01 AM
awsome movie :lol:

100%
01-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Its a bit like playing a PC game with someone else - you want them to look upwards\behind them, but they dont - so you end up moving your head up :blink:

BawA
01-27-2004, 12:34 PM
damn i was thinking of this movie to see it again, and u posted about it :lol:

good movie and yes its scary . mybe ill download it after downloading Royal rumble :D

swarnel
01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Just looked at this dudes info.Born 1989.Ok...I can see why he has not seen it now.

I was born in the same year and i saw the movie when it first came out.

Yeah the movie is very original for its time, even tho i was young when i watched it i wasnt scared only the last 5-10 minutes were a bit spooky.

RGX
01-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@27 January 2004 - 09:04
Its a bit like playing a PC game with someone else - you want them to look upwards\behind them, but they dont - so you end up moving your head up :blink:
I know what you mean, I got the same thing, i was urging them to turn the camera to get a better look, so was trying to see "around" the screen :lol:

Not a bad movie

tothbenedek
01-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@27 January 2004 - 01:36
this movie is the worst movie ive seen in my life
for me too...

Busyman
01-27-2004, 06:34 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

IMO there were 2 scary moments in the film.

1. The scene where they are in the tent and you can hear children in the backround.

2. The end scene where Novak is calling for her friend while running frantically and when she sees him he's standing facing the corner of the room (and not answering). She's screaming at him and he just won't turn around and then she seemingly gets whacked across the head because the camera falls to ground (still filming the guy in the corner).
What makes that seen creepy was the backstory as to why the guy was standing in the corner and not saying anything.