PDA

View Full Version : How To Stop Isp Blocking

Mementh
01-27-2004, 06:40 AM
I believe my ISP is blocking me. Is there a way to stop them. Even if you ask them if they are they are going to deny it. :frusty:

Cyril
01-27-2004, 07:01 AM
No reason for them to deny it, most where I am from tell you before you use them.

MUSLEMAN
01-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Mementh@27 January 2004 - 02:40
I believe my ISP is blocking me. Is there a way to stop them. Even if you ask them if they are they are going to deny it. :frusty:
no they don't deny it, but what is the matter you can't connect??

Switeck
01-27-2004, 10:41 AM
If your ISP is blocking by ip port 1214, then changing Kazaa Lite K++'s ip port to something else should allow you to connect ok -- although you may be considered firewalled to KL++.

If they're blocking by ip packet content, then there's little you can do except use file-sharing programs that aren't blocked yet.

Mementh
01-27-2004, 09:43 PM
My downloads will be going fine then all of a sudden they will drop to under 1k then stop alltogether. :frusty: :helpsmile:

MUSLEMAN
01-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Mementh@27 January 2004 - 17:43
My downloads will be going fine then all of a sudden they will drop to under 1k then stop alltogether. :frusty: :helpsmile:
after how long??

Mementh
01-29-2004, 05:17 AM
It can be going for some time or only a short while if varies everytime.

Switeck
01-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Mementh@27 January 2004 - 16:43
It could also be that the networking handler of your Win OS crashes for some reason. It could be a bad network driver for your network card/s. It could be excessive ip connections at once, your router could be a POS, your internet gateway (be it a 56k modem, cablemodem, ADSL modem) may be a POS, even voltage spikes from your power company can screw over your connection.

Have you ever monitored your connection with something other than KL++ itself?
Particularly, how many (and to where) connections are being made -- and also how much total bandwidth your connection is using. If it's getting bandwidth spikes above and beyond normal maximums, then your ISP's bandwidth caps may be kicking in and causing LOTS of lost and even corrupted ip packets. A corrupted ip packet CAN crash a connection if the hardware drivers for it don't know how to fail gracefully.