PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Do This...

wienerschnitzel
01-27-2004, 07:11 AM
First go to the riaa's web site http://www.riaa.com

then click on How to Report under Anti-Piracy

now click on the link for www.cdreward.com

am i the only one who sees a bunch of links to buy blank cds and burners?

bryanskrantz
01-27-2004, 04:22 PM
ok first off... the RIAA cannot (and will not) go and sue everyone with a CD burner with a couple of CD's. for all they know you could be backing up your computer with those blank CD's. Second, it'll be a waste of time to go after a bunch of small fries like these when they can go after Best Buy, CompUSA, Circut City, all the Chain stores which sell those things. its a waste of time for the record industry to go after that kind of shit when they can sue almost EVERY GODDAMN AVERAGE JANE AND JOE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!

Arm
01-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@27 January 2004 - 07:11
am i the only one who sees a bunch of links to buy blank cds and burners?
:P :D No I see it too. Well I guess that kinda makes sense. :blink:

NightStalker
01-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by bryanskrantz@27 January 2004 - 11:22
ok first off... the RIAA cannot (and will not) go and sue everyone with a CD burner with a couple of CD's. for all they know you could be backing up your computer with those blank CD's. Second, it'll be a waste of time to go after a bunch of small fries like these when they can go after Best Buy, CompUSA, Circut City, all the Chain storeswhich sell those things. its a waste of time for the record industry to go after that kind of shit when they can sue almost EVERY GODDAMN AVERAGE JANE AND JOE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!
Actually I think they would go for the manufacturer rather than the retailer. ;)

Sparkle1984
01-27-2004, 10:56 PM
This made me laugh out loud !!! :lol:

Consistency is clearly not one of RIAA's strong points, is it?!

It reminds me of the time when AOL (whose owner Time Warner is a member of RIAA and MPAA) had a advert in one of the UK's national newspapers, saying that if people sign up to AOL broadband, you can get faster music/film downloads !! :lol:

wienerschnitzel
01-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by bryanskrantz@27 January 2004 - 06:22
ok first off... the RIAA cannot (and will not) go and sue everyone with a CD burner with a couple of CD's. for all they know you could be backing up your computer with those blank CD's. Second, it'll be a waste of time to go after a bunch of small fries like these when they can go after Best Buy, CompUSA, Circut City, all the Chain stores which sell those things. its a waste of time for the record industry to go after that kind of shit when they can sue almost EVERY GODDAMN AVERAGE JANE AND JOE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!
I not saying what the riaa should or should not do, i just think this is really ironic :)