PDA

View Full Version : Worst Gig You've Ever Been To

Emdee
01-27-2004, 12:28 PM
What's the worst gig you've ever been to?

For me it's definitely gotta be Dream Theater! Several hours of my life I'll never get back! :(

Celerystalksme
01-27-2004, 01:21 PM
:o BLASPHEMY

i would love to get to see dream theater...

for me the worst concert i been to is Killing Heidi...they really do suck...but The Butterfly Effect was the opening act (this was when their EP just came out)...and they were actually the 2nd band on stage out of 5...chemical overload were a local mackay band who tried to be like early silverchair with no success (they were all about 14 years old)...daisycutters and space like alice were really cool...great guys...and then came killing heidi...and i think chemical overload actually got a bigger applause...and killing heidi came back for an encore even though no one asked for one...but yeah killing heidi suck and they suck even more live...but butterfly effect where well worth the $10 ticket :D

Funkadelic
01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
definetly JOHAN GIELEN. The most crappy dj in the world

kaiweiler
01-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Captain Mung@27 January 2004 - 08:28
What's the worst gig you've ever been to?

For me it's definitely gotta be Dream Theater! Several hours of my life I'll never get back! :(
:o I no longer have any respect for you!
nah j/k, i love dream theatre though!
I went and saw choke, and belvedere, and alexisonfire, those were all good
worst one? probably just a gig that i went to with a few local bands that hardly anyone showed up, those are never fun

god-of-rock
01-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Some scandinavian lo-fi/pop-band; Stockhaus

EDIT:
Usually I would never had gone to a concert with a band like that if it wasn't for my old drummer was playing.... and even though he did one helluva job, the rest of the band was way off both key and tempo.... Anyway, I hated it...

and by the way, even if Dream Theatre to some is a great band, they probably have delivered boring shows to others....

Cenobite
01-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Saw The Bluetones at Sheffield University, that really was a crap Gig. Free tickets were handed out at the door to fill the room, but people were turning em down! :(

It's a shame because they were pretty good when they first came out in the 'Brit Indie Revival Era'.

zacspeed
01-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Saw Hawkwind once & fell asleep :sleeping:

Emdee
01-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Don't get me wrong, Theater fans! The guys I went to the gig with were all Dream Theater fans and said the gig was amazing. I went along to make up the numbers and... um... I guess it's an acquired taste... :ph34r:

Infested Cats
01-28-2004, 01:30 AM
Mose Allison (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDMISS70312260148242663&sql=B66rsa9ugb238). It was good, but not great...

Adster
01-28-2004, 01:48 AM
god of rock your Sig's to fucking big !!!

anyway for me

Blink 182 were pretty ordinary

other then that not really sen a bad gig

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-28-2004, 01:58 AM
;) I can not think of a bad Show I have been to.They were all good.....in their own way.

But when I think about it.Smashing Pumpkins back in 1996.I went because an Ex-Thing( :rolleyes: ) called me up and was talking about going with a Friend of hers.Her Friend looked good.So I said what the hell.

This was back in 96 on their "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" Album.When it seemed they were the biggest Band in the World at that time.Plus I will admit.There is a few Songs on that Album I like.

Anyway.I get to the Arena and start looking around.I say to myself "this Crowd is Young".And this is when I was only 21 so you know it was nothing but Kids!I saw a few Adults and they all kept saying the same thing.

First off I go to get some Beer for myself.

"We are not serving Beer tonight Sir".
"Say what!..."Why not?!".
"We were told the Crowd is too Young".

This fucking blew me away.Even as a Person old enough to Buy Beer you could not. :angry:

Ok on to the Show.I will try to make this short.They all looked liked they were falling asleep on Stage.Even during the fast Songs(I think Smashing Pumpkins has a few fast Tunes. :huh:) they were barely getting into it.I mean the guitarist was sitting down during a few Tunes.Even the Crowd sucked!Kids did not know how to HeadBang.They all just kinda Danced around.WTF?

Well I really can not think of anything else that has to do with that Night.And no I did not get anywhere with her Friend. :(

FC B)

Lilmiss
01-28-2004, 06:43 PM
I have to say, as much as I love Greenday, their last two concerts I went to were dreadful. They pulled kids out of the crowd to play for them for about half the shows. :angry:

Also, I wasn't impressed with D12 at Reading, a few years ago.

WolverineDK
01-29-2004, 12:16 AM
my worst gig ? hmmm this one is a toughie but ok i think it was the warmup group to david Gahan in Copenhagen last year the danish Group NU did the warmup and they were boring even their GNR cover Welcome To the Jungle sucked (the last song they played) so NU was the worst gig thing i have experienced

Benno
01-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@28 January 2004 - 01:58
And no I did not get anywhere with her Friend. :(

Thats the part everybody waited for :D

For me it was the opening act to Blind Guardian - Storm Hammer

They were soooo bad :blink:

Though Blind Guardian afterwards was amazing so it didnt matter much.