PDA

View Full Version : Marriage.........

Yogi
01-27-2004, 01:57 PM
I really can't think of one good reason.......

What is good about a vow or oath if you most likely will break it???

Either by cheating or divorce.......

So, i say: Marriage is for losers who need a signature to seal their bond.

Let's have a good one!!!

Yogi

hooked
01-27-2004, 01:58 PM
that makes me a looser, thank you

Afronaut
01-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Taxes, maybe...

:cool2:

Yogi
01-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by hooked@27 January 2004 - 15:58
You're welcome!!! :lol:

No, serious, if you make it last, no cheating, etc, blablabla, i don't think you are a

loser.

I stated it that way to provoce a discussion........

If you are happy with the way you arranged your relation; good for you!!!

But why did you marry??

And if you wouldn't have, would you still be together???

All the luck in your marriage, btw!!

Yogi

bigboab
01-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I have been married over thirty years and never cheated or wanted to cheat. The same applies to my wife. Though I have found the occassional 50 cent euro coin lying about the house. :lol: :lol:

Ron
01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Wasn't that a song from the Boss? :blink:

Anyway, most of us men marry for the same reason.
Our wives told us to.
Besides that, it's good for the economy. We provide the local lawyers with a steady income.

Yogi
01-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@27 January 2004 - 16:25
I have been married over thirty years and never cheated or wanted to cheat. The same applies to my wife. Though I have found the occassional 50 cent euro coin lying about the house. :lol: :lol:
Ahhhh, you found them!!! :lol:

Yogi

(btw. congrats!!! Did you find your ear yet??? :lol: :lol: )

Spider_dude
01-27-2004, 02:43 PM
i have a message for you yogi. concerning marriage to your bird.

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/stfujustdoit.JPG

Yogi
01-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@27 January 2004 - 16:43

Sorry, SD, i have to disappoint you.........

After 11 years of sheer relational bliss we will certainly not get married!!!

Yogi

hooked
01-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+27 January 2004 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 27 January 2004 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hooked@27 January 2004 - 15:58
You&#39;re welcome&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

No, serious, if you make it last, no cheating, etc, blablabla, i don&#39;t think you are a

loser.

I stated it that way to provoce a discussion........

If you are happy with the way you arranged your relation; good for you&#33;&#33;&#33;

But why did you marry??

And if you wouldn&#39;t have, would you still be together???

All the luck in your marriage, btw&#33;&#33;

Yogi [/b][/quote]
basicly you&#39;re right . . . .marriage is overdone and not needed BUT

she wanted to marry and i wanted to stay with her, so why not marry than.

Afronaut
01-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@27 January 2004 - 16:43

LOL

Your art is Amazing D00D.

Im collecting as much as i can,
goint to make me a million in few years... i hope.

For the Topic,
only reasons for Marriage i see is Taxes and in some cases
ppl get Passports to amother country (is also mis-used)

http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/1/icon12.gifTeh Luv dont stay on paper, its inside of all of Us. http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/1/icon12.gif

(omg, im starting to sound like a sissy...)

:cool2:

Yogi
01-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Guitar&#045;Slinger+27 January 2004 - 16:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guitar-Slinger @ 27 January 2004 - 16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@27 January 2004 - 16:43

LOL

Your art is Amazing D00D.

Im collecting as much as i can,
goint to make me a million in few years... i hope.

For the Topic,
only reasons for Marriage i see is Taxes and in some cases
ppl get Passports to amother country (is also mis-used)

http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/1/icon12.gifTeh Luv dont stay on paper, its inside of all of Us. http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/1/icon12.gif

(omg, im starting to sound like a sissy...)

:cool2: [/b][/quote]
Ohhh, but you a fine sissy&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

SissyPower&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogi

100%
01-27-2004, 02:54 PM
But what about all the young ladies in

http://filesharingtalk.com/header_logo.gif ? :(

dwightfry
01-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Am I the only guy that wants to be married? I think there is a good reason for getting married, to start your own family. My family was very close and I hope to give that same experience to my wife and kids someday. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, would make me happier.

Yogi
01-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@27 January 2004 - 19:02
Am I the only guy that wants to be married? I dream of having a house with a wife and kids. Nothing would make me happier.

I think there is a good reason for getting married, to start your own family. I come from a very close family and I hope to give that same experience to my wife and kids someday.
But you can do all that without marriage..........

Or do you think closeness comes with marriage??

Yogi

vidcc
01-27-2004, 06:03 PM
I am a happily married man. I am the luckiest man that ever lived. I am married to the most wonderful woman that ever walked this mortal coil, even now every morning when i wake up i look over and have to pinch myself to see if i am dreaming. She could have chosen any man she wanted but she chose me.
This woman gave me 3 perfect children and is carrying one more. She can&#39;t cook but she makes a wonderful cup of tea or coffee.
Every day i tell her how much i love her. I would never want to cheat on this wonderful woman, she is the reason my heart beats and it is an honour to be seen in public with her and everyone knows...SHE IS MINE AND I AM HERS.

Once again i say..i am the luckiest man alive.....

ok we didn&#39;t need to get married to have this but my question is, if you find someone that can make the whole room dissappear around her and can consume you with such love, why wouldn&#39;t you get married ?

dwightfry
01-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+27 January 2004 - 11:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening &#064; 27 January 2004 - 11:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dwightfry@27 January 2004 - 19:02
Am I the only guy that wants to be married? I dream of having a house with a wife and kids. Nothing would make me happier.

I think there is a good reason for getting married, to start your own family. I come from a very close family and I hope to give that same experience to my wife and kids someday.
But you can do all that without marriage..........

Or do you think closeness comes with marriage??

Yogi [/b][/quote]
No, the closeness can be there without marriage, but if you really love someone you are devoted to them, marriage is a symbol of that devotion.

I really can&#39;t think of one good reason.......

What is good about a vow or oath if you most likely will break it???

Either by cheating or divorce.......

So, i say: Marriage is for losers who need a signature to seal their bond.

Let&#39;s have a good one&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogi

Marriage now isn&#39;t what it was supposed to be. Divorce seems no big deal anymore, well I still feel it is.

I am wondering, for those people that are against marriage, are your parents still together? I&#39;m not trying to offend anyone or make any generalizations, I was just curious, because I would understand how that would effect your views.

DanB
01-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Well I would like to get married one day but only when I know for sure. I am not into these quicky marriages, I know someone whose marriage lasted a whole 4 weeks :(

@ DwightFry - It was me and my mum only till she married my step-dad when I was 10 . She now has three other kids and they are very happy together. :D

vidcc
01-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Marriage only has meaning to the people that are married, what that meaning is to some will be different to others.
If you look at it from a logical view then you accomplish nothing different by being married that you could accomplish by living together. 2 people co-habiting with total devotion to each other hold a stronger "marriage" than 2 people that are married but don&#39;t take it seriously. You reap what you sow.
to some marriage is just a piece of official paper...to me it&#39;s a life of joy, a journey with the woman i love without question and the children that resulted from that love

Yogi
01-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by vidcc@27 January 2004 - 20:03
I am a happily married man. I am the luckiest man that ever lived. I am married to the most wonderful woman that ever walked this mortal coil, even now every morning when i wake up i look over and have to pinch myself to see if i am dreaming. She could have chosen any man she wanted but she chose me.
This woman gave me 3 perfect children and is carrying one more. She can&#39;t cook but she makes a wonderful cup of tea or coffee.
Every day i tell her how much i love her. I would never want to cheat on this wonderful woman, she is the reason my heart beats and it is an honour to be seen in public with her and everyone knows...SHE IS MINE AND I AM HERS.

Once again i say..i am the luckiest man alive.....

ok we didn&#39;t need to get married to have this but my question is, if you find someone that can make the whole room dissappear around her and can consume you with such love, why wouldn&#39;t you get married ?

Marriage only has meaning to the people that are married, what that meaning is to some will be different to others.
If you look at it from a logical view then you accomplish nothing different by being married that you could accomplish by living together. 2 people co-habiting with total devotion to each other hold a stronger "marriage" than 2 people that are married but don&#39;t take it seriously. You reap what you sow.
to some marriage is just a piece of official paper...to me it&#39;s a life of joy, a journey with the woman i love without question and the children that resulted from that love

Loved your reply&#39;s, vidcc&#33;&#33;

Also cos i allmost started to think i was the only one here, that happy with his

relation......

I started this topic because nobody ever could give me a good reason to marry

and was curious if anyone her could come up with one........

I too feel i&#39;m the luckiest guy alive.

She still makes whole country&#39;s disappear.......

After eleven years we still laugh our socks off everyday, i can&#39;t imagine better sex,

we have the finest friends, still have our own lives and independance, but never

feel that&#39;s in the way of what we have together.......

Meeting my girl still feels like i won the lottery.......

Again; Why get married having all that???

@Dwight: I&#39;m not against marriage&#33;&#33; I just see nothing in it personally and gladly

my girl feels the same......(ohh, and i deeply dislike most weddingparty&#39;s, but

that&#39;s another story....)

Note: we have registred our partnership for practical reasons. We have hosted

fosterkids for five years and needed those papers. It&#39;s also good in case on of us

would die....... :(

Yogi

J'Pol
01-27-2004, 07:50 PM
So don&#39;t get married.

If that suits you great, best of luck to you both.

evildon
01-27-2004, 07:53 PM
marriage fills a biological need to reproduce...Early man had a harem and lived as a small tribe...as we developed we aquired social mores and morals..and a different way to look at things...each species needs a working viable means to reproduce and pass along it&#39;s genes(preferable the ones that will be the best in keeping the species viable). marriage is ours...

IE:It also saves us time for other things working in the fields and home building if you dont hafat go out looking for a mate or fighting off other alpha males...

ED

Yogi
01-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@27 January 2004 - 21:50
So don&#39;t get married.

If that suits you great, best of luck to you both.
Thanks, J&#39;Pol.

We won&#39;t.

I was just curious why people still do, seen the fact that 2/3 end up divorcing and

of the remaining 33% a lot of people hardly can live up to the expectations of

marriage..........

Of people of your age and BB&#39;s(with all respect&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;), i can imagine it was just the

right thing to do, but nowadays..........

Again, my "marriage is for losers" was to provoce reactions.

Yogi

@Evildon:

Early man had a harem and lived as a small tribe

Those were the days.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigboab
01-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Love and marriage, Love and marriage
Go together like a horse and carriage

Trouble is, a horse and carriage leave sh*t lying all over the street. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi
01-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@27 January 2004 - 22:19

Trouble is, a horse and carriage leave sh*t lying all over the street. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BB, you make me laugh sooo much&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s i&#39;m allready in a relation, but otherwise......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi

bigboab
01-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+27 January 2004 - 20:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 27 January 2004 - 20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@27 January 2004 - 22:19

Trouble is, a horse and carriage leave sh*t lying all over the street. :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BB, you make me laugh sooo much&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s i&#39;m allready in a relation, but otherwise......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi [/b][/quote]
Thats the second offer(if) in two days from two different people Yogi. :rolleyes:

I hope that special person is not someone I know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikenmike0001
01-27-2004, 08:59 PM
people keep telling me that if i don&#39;t get a girl soon and look forward to a marriage, that makes me a loser somehow..........i don&#39;t get it........so what&#39;s wrong with staying single for a while?.

dwightfry
01-27-2004, 09:08 PM
It was wrong of me to say &#39;against marriage&#39;, but you know what I meant. I should have said something like &#39;for those who don&#39;t see the point of marraige&#39;. My bad.

Marriage, to me, is more then just a promise to be together forever. Promises get made and broken all the time, Marriage is supposed to be a union. You, your parents, and your siblings are a union. No matter what you are still part of that union. Marraige is supposed to create a new union that is just as unbreakable. The gov&#39;t gave us a way out and people exploited it, I&#39;m not going to let that ruin the experience for me.

(man, it took me 2 hours to come up with that. I would write something and delete it, then I would write something else and delete it and then I would write the first thing again but slightly different and delete it because it still wasn&#39;t right....and it went on and on and on.)

Gemby!
01-27-2004, 09:22 PM
i thought it was about luv .... but other people use it for other things like staying in the country or nicking some old guys money because she inherits it when he dies...things like that

but there are the geniune folk

UKMan
01-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Marriage is great for lawyers and priests - and that little ol&#39; gold ring on the hand looks so cute - so even the jewelers hit pay dirt ;) B)

Peace
UKMan

Gemby!
01-27-2004, 09:41 PM
im puzzzled at something .... if your gonna get married to someone you give them an engagement ring - why do people spend a fortune on that then get some cheapo ring for the rest of their life ?

its just confusing :blink:

UKMan
01-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Compare it to not farting in bed before you marry, then farting after you do - might begin to make sense then ;)

Its all about cheating and lying your way into bed with someone - show off with lotsa cash by buying a really expensive engagement ring, then the truth hits ya in the mouth - "he&#39;s broke&#33;&#33;&#33;" - its too late then - :lol:

Peace
UKMan

Yogi
01-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Compare it to not farting in bed before you marry, then farting after you do - might begin to make sense then

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I farted in bed from the beginning.

Only fair to let her get used to the idea of smog........ :lol:

Yogi

evildon
01-29-2004, 04:00 AM
I have accepted that I will die alone...and i don&#39;t consider that making me a loser...I am comfotable with my thoughts and don&#39;t need someone to validat my continued exsistence...

"Being in Love means that you have failed at living on your own"

hobbes
01-29-2004, 04:17 AM
The only reason for marriage is peace of mind for one party.

If Yogi earns 1 million and his mate earns nothing, then he always has this point of leverage. Without him she has no source of income. Without her, he is doing just fine, financially.

Marriage provides a legal link which provides financial security to the woman, even in the event of divorce.

If both partners are financially equal, then marriage is pointless.