PDA

View Full Version : Good Free Re-dialer For Adsl

jobauer
01-28-2004, 01:33 AM
HI,

I hope I'm not doing a mistake by posting this here, I just thought you guys might be interested...

I have found a great freeware for ADSL users. It's called ADSL Autoconnect. It's a Re-Dialer, that keeps your PC online 24/7.

No more IP disconnecting you every 24 hours, you can go on holydays or away for the week-end, and your PC will stay connected as long as you want. :D

This soft can auto-load with Windows or be set manually ot according to a schedule you choose.

BUT... It's in FRENCH. I've just sent an email to the programmer, to ask if an english version is on tracks. Until it's released, french-speaking guys really should go check

here (http://www.adslautoconnect.net)

As for the others, I can try to help you with the settings if you want.....

W00fer
01-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Hmm, looks spyware or other p*rndialer shit :(

Greetings

jobauer
01-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Greetings to you, wOOfer. :)

What do you mean by spyware ?

I Dl and installed the soft, it works fine. I also ran Spybot and Ad-Aware , like everytime I Dl sthg, and they didn't find anything...

What makes you so suspicious ? (well, I know, you're never too careful)...
If you have had bad experience with that kind of prog, plz let me know.

Anyway, I don't GUARANTEE this program, I just thought it was worth the try.

SP1
01-29-2004, 12:24 AM
windows already has its own built in redialling system... y use a diff 1?

jobauer
01-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Well, I can't say i'm entirely satisfied with XP'redialling system...
I still get disconnected :(

Don't you ?

4th gen
01-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by jobauer@29 January 2004 - 05:02
Don't you ?
No

bkdvnyc
01-30-2004, 06:40 PM
i never get disconnected on dsl..

jobauer
01-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi guys,

sorry for the delay, I was away from my pc. :)

Anyway... What i was saying is that the (here, at least), the IP disconnects you every 24 hours, and there is nothing the XP redialer can do about that. So, every 24 hours, i have to re-connect my pc to the internet.... And that's boring...

BUT, the soft i was talking about can automatically disconnect then re-connect you on a schedule, like every 12 hours in my case. So, once I turn on my pc, I enable the soft, and it takes charge of my connection, dis/re-connectiong me every 12 hours (that takes less 5 seconds). I don't have to do a thing, and I'm wired 24/7...

I hope you now see what I meant... :)

Marius24
01-31-2004, 11:12 PM
my adsl never disconnects me :huh:

and even if it did, windows automatically reconnects me :huh:

jobauer
02-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Waou.... you're lucky

Here in France, your provider gives you a new IP adress every 24 hours, so you get disconnected at that time, and have to reconnect.. Or so I think....

I thought it was the same for everybody (and kinda feel stupid now ).