PDA

View Full Version : Which Countries Have You Travelled To/lived In?

quiksilver_aus
01-28-2004, 04:09 AM
Here's my list. I don't consider myself a world traveller, but I've been a few places:

Australia
Born and lived there for 6 years

Fiji
Vacation

United States
Stopped over in Hawaii on my way from Australia to Canada. Also been to NY, Washington, and California.

Canada
Where I live now. Toronto.

Let us know where you've been. :)

shn
01-28-2004, 04:15 AM
Miami, Florida
Greenwich, Connecticut
Omaha, Nebraska
Grand Cayman - Cayman Islands
Little Cayman
Cayman Brac
cozumel, mexico spring break
Las Vegas, Nevada
Colorado Springs
Hot springs, Arkansas.

Most are vacation spots. My dad does a lot of banking for his company at some of thoose places so I got to see a lot. :rolleyes:

Mexico and Miami were spring break. :01:

hobbes
01-28-2004, 04:18 AM
Puerto Rico
VirginIslands
USA
Canada
England
France
Italy
Yugoslovia
Greece
Mexico

Rip The Jacker
01-28-2004, 04:19 AM
Born and lived in Yerevan, Armenia for 4 years. Came to California, US and have been living here since.

I don't travel much/at all.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-28-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by shn@27 January 2004 - 23:15
Miami, Florida
Greenwich, Connecticut
Omaha, Nebraska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Colorado Springs
Hot springs, Arkansas.
:P He asked what Countries.Not what States. :P

For me.Ummmm lets see here.America my whole Life.And probably always will. :D

hobbes
01-28-2004, 04:22 AM
I forgot to add:

my creepy haunted house in Transylvania

Busyman
01-28-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+28 January 2004 - 05:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 28 January 2004 - 05:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@27 January 2004 - 23:15
Miami, Florida
Greenwich, Connecticut
Omaha, Nebraska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Colorado Springs
Hot springs, Arkansas.

For me.Ummmm lets see here.....America my whole Life.And probably always will. :D [/b][/quote]
Same here. I wouldn&#39;t want to live anywhere else.
I&#39;ve been to Canada and that other foreign....uh ...OH....New Jersey&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

shn
01-28-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+27 January 2004 - 22:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 27 January 2004 - 22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@27 January 2004 - 23:15
Miami, Florida
Greenwich, Connecticut
Omaha, Nebraska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Colorado Springs
Hot springs, Arkansas.

For me.Ummmm lets see here.America my whole Life.And probably always will. :D [/b][/quote]
Oh yeah....................my bad :P

FatBastard
01-28-2004, 06:04 AM
There&#39;s not enough room here for all the countries l&#39;ve visited, l can think of 20 odd in Europe alone.

But l&#39;ve lived in ..
England
Wales
Holland
Germany
Spain
Morocco
Saudi Arabia
Afghanistan
Nepal
India
Thailand
Australia

And out of them all, l intend to retire to Thailand.

100%
01-28-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by FatBastard@28 January 2004 - 07:04
There&#39;s not enough room here for all the countries l&#39;ve visited, l can think of 20 odd in Europe alone.

But l&#39;ve lived in ..
England
Wales
Holland
Germany
Spain
Morocco
Saudi Arabia
Afghanistan
Nepal
India
Thailand
Australia

And out of them all, l intend to retire to Thailand.

What where you doing in Saudi?

I was in highschool there in Jedda and Dahran

mikenmike0001
01-28-2004, 06:17 AM
damn, you guys travel like crazy, i&#39;ve only been to vancouver seattle and oahu.......

i&#39;m scared of planes now with the terrorism and all the plane crashes i keep on hearing.....it&#39;s like,...one little tiny malfunction....plane loses a little control.....crashes..and there goes 130 people........

FatBastard
01-28-2004, 06:19 AM
l worked there for a construction company call Arincon, in Jeddha, on the coast road towards Medina. l drove the largest mobile crane in the middle East, a 240 tonne Gottwald. That was in 1978.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by FatBastard@28 January 2004 - 01:19
l worked there for a construction company call Arincon, in Jeddha, on the coast road towards Medina. l drove the largest mobile crane in the middle East, a 240 tonne Gottwald. That was in 1978.
:blink: I was twee Years ole. :blink:

100%
01-28-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by FatBastard@28 January 2004 - 07:19

You probably got paid tons (atleast thats the rumour if you work in saudi)
Amazing country - the coral at the time was amazing
my mother hated it there - she spat on the floor when she arrived-couldnt handle the saudi&#39;s scratching there balls in front of her.
They confiscated any "provocative" pictures from our family foto albums.

FatBastard
01-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Yeah, the money was good, about three times what l was earning in the UK, and l earned heaps there too, at least double what my mates were earning. The funny thing was, come pay day, they gave us this huge pile of cash, stood about six inches high on the table, and it looked like Monopoly money. When we went into town everything was duty free, which added to it&#39;s value.

The guy l worked for, Sheik Yamani, owned 22 miles of land north of Jeddha, including where the airport is. When he was in Germany once, he bought a road making machine. This thing crawled along, while the trucks drove up onto it to dump their loads. Out the other end came a 10 lane highway, 2 lanes - gap - 3 lanes - gap - 3 lanes - gap - 2 lanes. It was awesome. Along the northern coast of Jeddha, he built his highway, right along the coast, 22 miles long, dead straight and flat. So when you drove out of the city, you drove along a dirt road till you got to this road, 22 miles of freeway, then back on to the dirt road. No-one used it except us. We had our own motorbike club. We had a Yamaha Z1000 something-or-other, a proper drag bike, you had to lay down on it. We also had a Honda 4&#092;44 super sports, and a Suzuki trials bike that beat the Z1000 to 60&#33;

Great days, most of them, as you say, the reef was magic. l went to a few executions and floggings, got pushed to the front, as you do&#33; Played football on the beach with Arab families, slaughtered goats and all&#33; But there was always that underlying fear, you had to be really careful what you did all the time, where you went, who you spoke to, what company you kept, especially female company. We were allowed to drink in our compound, unofficially, of course. There was no shortage of alcohol, not counting what we brewed ourselves. We bought grass in 100 gramme lumps, inside corn cobs imported from Somalia. That could have got us executed, but hey, a guy&#39;s gotta smoke&#33;

UKMan
01-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Most of these countries i&#39;ve been to working with various bands - i don&#39;t vacation in the usual "tourist traps":

Apart from UK of course...
All of Scandinavia (as i live in Sweden).
France (did actually live there for about 1 year).
Germany (was also there in the Army BAOR when it existed) also with bands.
Belgium
Holland
Austria
Switzerland
Italy
India

Peace
UKMan

Anthony_E
01-28-2004, 10:20 AM
Scotland
England
Ireland
Wales
France
Belguim
Netherlands
Denmark
Canary Isles(Spain)
Spain
USA(26 States)
Canada(Windsor to Niagara)
Libya
Egypt

Yogi
01-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Germany
Belgium
France
Spain
Portugal
Greece
Turkey
Canary Islands(+spain....)
Israel
Austria
Switzerland
Russia
EastGermany(&#39;84, still existed then.....)
UnitedStates
England
Liechtenstein
Poland
Luxembourg
Tchech Republic
Italy
YogiLand&#33;&#33;(far far away.....)

Yogi

Anthony_E
01-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Why have you not include Scotland Yogi. Frightened of a civil suit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

summerlinda
01-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Only been on vacation twice, 3 weeks in France and 1 week Luxemburg.
Also been in Belgium and Germany [both only half an hour away from where in live :lol: ] Lived In denmark for 2 years. Thats it :huh:

@Fatbastard -------&#62; WOW http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/worshippy.gif [how come you travel so much, if I may ask?]

sampson
01-28-2004, 11:28 AM
USA - Have always lived here in Texas
Been to about thirty of the fifty states

Cayman Islands - Grand Cayman

Switzerland - Man I wanna go back sooooo bad&#33;

Germany

Nice, relaxing Mexico - Cancun once and Puerto Vallarta twice

Party Mexico - Border towns all along Texas toooo many times. You still can&#39;t keep me away from them though since they&#39;re only about five hours away(still fun once a year or so)

Yogi
01-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Anthony_E@28 January 2004 - 12:49
Why have you not include Scotland Yogi. Frightened of a civil suit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scotland is absolutely on our wishlist&#33;&#33;

But first Malaysia, Australia, Norway, Sweden, Romania, SouthAfrica, Ireland,

Faroer Islands, Jamaica, errrrm: Some day, some day.........

Yogi

bigboab
01-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+28 January 2004 - 11:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 28 January 2004 - 11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony_E@28 January 2004 - 12:49
Why have you not include Scotland Yogi. Frightened of a civil suit. :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

Yogi [/b][/quote]
I was referring to a certain amount of 50 cent coins found in an Ayrshire house recently by an irate husband. I am not talking about Sweeky&#39;s house here. :lol: :lol:

Lilmiss
01-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Scotland
Wales
Ireland
Spain x 2
France x 2
America
Norway

urm... :unsure:

NotoriousBIC
01-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro --- Birthplace, lived there for 6 years
Norway, Oslo ---- Lived there for a year
Netherlands, misc. places --- Living there now

USA 3x --- Florida, California, New York
UK 3/4x --- mostly London
France 5/6x --- Paris, south coast, several ski vacations
Austria 3x --- ski vacations
Spain --- Madrid vacation
China --- Shanghai, Nanjing, Beijing on a study tour
Turkey ---- Istanbul, vacation

Wishlist:
Australia/New Zealand
Thailand

Du snakke Norsk lilmiss?

Yogi
01-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+28 January 2004 - 15:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 28 January 2004 - 15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SensualGardening@28 January 2004 - 11:29
<!--QuoteBegin-Anthony_E@28 January 2004 - 12:49

Yogi
I was referring to a certain amount of 50 cent coins found in an Ayrshire house recently by an irate husband. I am not talking about Sweeky&#39;s house here. :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
I know...I know&#33;&#33;&#33;

Exactly the reason why i had put Schotland on hold........

And it now seems they also blame me for the loss of someone&#39;s ear........ :o

Yogi

cowswithguns
01-28-2004, 03:15 PM
England
Scotland
Ireland
Wales
Russia
Poland
All Scandinavian countries
Most European countries
India