PDA

View Full Version : Codec Pack

johnq86
01-28-2004, 05:36 AM
what is the diffrence between the basic and full versions.does full mean better?

WhiteAngel
02-03-2004, 07:34 AM
I dont know if it means better, I think you just get more codecs.

Java Boy
02-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Yep...more junk to full ya system with.
Codec packs are un-neccessry as all they do is clutter up ya system folders with unneeded junk.If you install the full pack for example then I bet ya you wont ever use half the stuff that comes with it and the half that you do,you wont haver a clue what it does(if anything)
just stick to downloading individual codecs for what you need and stay away from over-rated, overbloated codec packs

MUSLEMAN
02-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Java Boy@3 February 2004 - 04:00
Yep...more junk to full ya system with.
Codec packs are un-neccessry as all they do is clutter up ya system folders with unneeded junk.If you install the full pack for example then I bet ya you wont ever use half the stuff that comes with it and the half that you do,you wont haver a clue what it does(if anything)
just stick to downloading individual codecs for what you need and stay away from over-rated, overbloated codec packs
that is not completely corect boss, for example the full version comes with bs player which is a good handy player with many different options and most codecs you will need,

don't even get me started on gspot