PDA

View Full Version : Cant Play Nfsu Demo Online

tesco
01-28-2004, 06:21 AM
hey im trying to play the need for speed underground demo online with my friend. he is able to play with people but when i try to it shows me the lobbies and i can send challenges to people but when it gets to the loading part it stops and says cannot connect, might be cuase by a firewall. I do not have any firewalls so i immediately thought it could be me router, so i unhooked my router and hookep up my cable modem directly to my pc and configured it to work like that (dynamic ip) and the game worked perfectly, then i hook back up the router and it doesnt work.

does anybody know what could be wrong? ive tried changing some settings in the router but nothing seems to help, i turned off the discard ping from lan side and that didnt help and it isnt set to block any ports or anything.

i have a dlink dl-704p router with latest firmware, connected to and external cable modem, and i have 2 computer (one xp and one 98, neither can play online) and my ps2 (the ps2 works online)

any ideas?

{I}{K}{E}
01-28-2004, 12:17 PM
you need to find out what ports NFS uses and open them in your router config.

tesco
01-28-2004, 05:33 PM
how do i find out which it is using and how do i open them on my router?

Peerzy
01-28-2004, 05:43 PM
does anyone know a UNIVERSAL like port opener?

i have a problem like this with my router but it has no software and no way i can see of opening ports?

tesco
01-28-2004, 09:41 PM
does your router have a configuration at all? try opening your browser and type 192.168.0.1 and then it might ask for a username and password, username is usually admin or administrator and there isnt a password.

i can get into the setup but how do i configure it to open ports?