PDA

View Full Version : Mpaa Seeks Internet Enforcer

sharedholder
01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
MPAA seeks Internet Enforcer

Outgoing MPAA boss Jack Valenti's statements to the contrary notwithstanding, is the movie industry trade organ planning its very own RIAA-style anti-file swapping campaign?

The RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) has further besmirched the recording industry's already unattractive reputation with its nasty vendetta against p2p file sharers.

Now, stacked in a long list of 'security/enforcement' adverts in Yahoo's Hot Jobs Search section here (http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/jobsearch/job_detail.html?job_id=J164167OM), is this:

Internet Enforcement Manager
Position Type Full-Time Employee
Company Name Motion Picture Assoc. of America
Location Encino, CA
Salary $60K-$75K
Experience Mid to Senior Level

What will the successful applicant be doing?

"The MPA's online anti-piracy team works to enforce the copyrights of the MPA's member companies," says the ad.

"Responsibilities include overseeing all outside vendor development & usage, including Internet searching & technical research, examining new piracy methods & protocols, overseeing Internet anti-piracy operations worldwide, conduct training in Internet functions & piracy-related issues, oversee evidence-gathering efforts in support of litigation or criminal enforcement & supporting Internet investigations.

"Qualifications required are, advanced understanding of Internet protocols & networking systems, including TCP/IP, DNS, WHOIS, IRC, FTP, HTTP, P2P & NNTP, database development & administration skills, such as Excel, Access, SQL/MYSQL preferred, skills in application, system, and/or web services programming, such as Java, Perl, PHP, C, C++, Visual Basic, or HTML preferred, previous management experience preferred, ability to learn new technologies & protocols & adapt to the changing online environment, college degree preferred & working knowledge of DMCA & copyright law preferred.

"Resumes must include cover letter describing technical experience, including TCP/IP, DNS, WHOIS, IRC, FTP, HTTP, P2P & NNTP experience. Resumes without cover letter and salary requirement will not be considered. California residents only need apply. No phone calls please. For information about our program go to www.mpaa.org/anti-piracy."

Does the idea of nailing all those wicked file swapper appeal to you?

Source (http://p2pnet.net/story/658)

fkdup74
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM
:lol: california residents only :lol:
i should apply and then tell em "i just cant seem to catch anyone..." :lol:

junkyardking
01-30-2004, 06:46 AM
That wage seems a bit low considering the job they have to do....

Sparkle1984
01-30-2004, 10:00 PM
I personally think the salary is too high, considering the evil job they do (catching young people and harrassing them, simply for sharing their favourite files).

Even $1 a year would be too much for them !!!! :lol:

tracydani
01-30-2004, 10:05 PM
LOL, you go out and save me millions, if not billions of dollars and I'll reward your work with what I spent on my last vacation.

TD

DivineBeingX
01-30-2004, 10:17 PM
another lame move, single attacks have not been proven to take down us as with the Riaa tried to do but was not successful.