PDA

View Full Version : Torrentopia (beta3 Stage)

CornerPocket
01-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Another client that has emerged and seems to be getting good feedback from what I hear on torrent forums. Just thought I would pass along for those who are always seeking new clients to play with. Does look interesting. B)

www.t-o-r-r-e-n-topia.com

*remove lines between the word* <_<

NotoriousBIC
01-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Link f*#ked by the ever-so-handy wordfilter.

But it&#39;s pretty easy to find out what the link should be..

edit: nm, you changed it already.

CornerPocket
01-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Kinda disappointing that filters get put into play and no one is made aware of it or was it? I&#39;m still looking for a thread about the word filter placement on words such as that. I can understand to discourage links for files but to block out sites, little too far. <_<

NotoriousBIC
01-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Well I posted a suggestion for a solution in anther thread.

Simply change the filter from

&#91;no torrent links please&#93;* to &#91;no torrent links please&#93;

(aka change the match from non-exact to exact)

edit: And I believe one of your fellow mods mentioned that Bittorrent sites are equal to warez sites...

edit2: AAAAAAAAAAAArgh, you can&#39;t even use it inbetween [code] brackets :frusty:

mooseman2070
01-29-2004, 11:37 PM
ill try it

and i think this new filter is going to get the attention of a lot of our fellow bittorrent loyalists

Xero Grid
01-31-2004, 02:14 AM
It took long enough but an admin told me how it work around it. IF your link doesn&#39;t include "www." before the link and it doesn&#39;t end it "torrent" then the link won&#39;t be blocked by the filter.

Explained:

http://www.server.com/file[torrent files are not allowed]
(wordfiler will apply)

http://torrentsareblah.com/

This is the example I got.

-- Xero Grid --

jasonmog
02-01-2004, 01:39 AM
What&#39;s so good about this client that makes it better and different than others? What we need is ABC with built-in, internal IP range blocks with blocklists as big as PeerGuardian&#39;s. :)