PDA

View Full Version : Outlook

kaiweiler
01-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey I wanna know if it is possible to always keep outlook express open, but keep it in the system tray instead of wasting the space in my taskbar?
thanks
Kai

I.am
01-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Outlook Express cant go in system tray with registry settings unlike Microsoft Outlook. I Use OE too and use Power Menu to minimize anything to system tray. One of the sites for download is this (http://www.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/)

kaiweiler
01-29-2004, 07:19 PM
hmm not quite what i was looking for but thanks
the reason i dont like this is that i have to always then have that other program open as well, also then every time i minimize it i have to directly right click and say minimize to tray
i was looking for maybe just a setting to change or something in the registry that would let me every time i hit minimize for it to go directly to the system tray, is there nothing like this?

I.am
01-29-2004, 09:08 PM
I would love it too if a setting has worked for anyone yet. I have been looking for a similar setting for months but with latest version of OE the things that used to work before doesnt work anymore. Powermenu although runs but hardly uses any memory while running. Many programs dont let you minimize to system tray so this helps in minimizing even dos shell or anything.

Are you looking for something that autominimizes to system tray and not taskbar? and it goes for every software or just OE? If its just OE then i doubt if you will get it.

shn
01-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@29 January 2004 - 13:10
Hey I wanna know if it is possible to always keep outlook express open, but keep it in the system tray instead of wasting the space in my taskbar?
thanks
Kai
"Minimizer xp" will do that but the program will have to be open at all times and will use up ram. It just mimizes it off your taskbar and adds it to your system tray with a cool icon.