PDA

View Full Version : Mpeg 2 Dvd

earwedgewivis
01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
how do a convert a mpeg file so i can burn it to a dvd so it will play on my dvd player? :helpsmile:

Autumn Fox
01-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Ask in Movieworld. (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showforum=25)

tontonel
01-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Let's say u have an avi file. Here is how u can make a dvd that u can play on your external dvd player.
1. convert the avi to mpeg 2, NTSC for USA, PAL for Europe.
The thing is that u can run into a lot of small problems like:
--picture of the mpeg is bouncing up and down:
-solution: open the avi file with virtual dub 1.5 and convert the file to a 29.97fps. Don't reencode ! Just select direct stream copy for video and sound and set the frame rate to 29.97.
--avi file has errors
-solution: use "AVI FIXER". I don't have to say what this tool does. :D
--aspect ratio problems
-solution: the best mpeg encoder for handling aspect ratios I think is TMPGENC 2.5

2. Once you have an mpeg file that has a size of about 4.2Gb you can use TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR to make the actual DVD files and even nice menu's !

3. once u have the dvd files saved on HDD go to nero, select DVD-VIDEO as a new compilation and drag the files from TS_VIDEO (from HDD) the the coresponding folder of the DVD compilation. Burn the DVD !

4. Enjoy the movie ! B)

P.S.: I burn the DVD-s on DVD-RW or DVD+RW because I keep the original divx/xvid files on the HDD. I have a PANASONIC HT700 home theater system. Sobwoofer power is 200W ! :P

Cyril
01-30-2004, 11:38 AM
If you don't have a DVD burner, just CD then check out the KVCD Guide in my sig below.

muchspl2
01-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I sold those systems awhile back, its a alright setup but wait till you get a real system with a real powered sub
IIRC it powers the sub through the amp, so its like a 6 channel amp, and it had weird ohm load also
I have a powered sub but I don't need it, only use it every once in awhile
cerwin vega 12' for the front and rear surround provide plenty of bass :smilie4:

Cyril
01-30-2004, 11:55 AM
@Muchspl - want to thank you for introducing me to KVCD. Does a great job.
And what the heck do those numbers mean below your avatar?

ck-uk
01-30-2004, 12:15 PM
1. convert the avi to mpeg 2, NTSC for USA, PAL for Europe.
The thing is that u can run into a lot of small problems like:
--picture of the mpeg is bouncing up and down:

Probably y u do get problems.Keep the it the same as the source then u wont. :)

tontonel
01-31-2004, 09:34 AM
CK-UK

That's the thing with DVD2SVCD. If I keep 24fps like the original avi the resulting mpeg will bounce up and down. If I change it to 29.97 abd then I convert to Mpeg it wont bounce anymore and the quality is the same !
Been there, done that B)
With TMPGENC there is no need to change the fps, only in DVD2SVCD ! :rolleyes:

tontonel
02-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Sorry guys.

Wrong advice. <_<
So: I convert the avi to mpeg 2 using dvd2svcd. I get a bouncy picture in the resulting mpeg file. It&#39;s bouncy when I play it with Mplayer, DIVXPlayer.
Here is the strange part. The same bouncy mpeg 2 when I convert it with TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR to DVD format (vob, VIDEO_TS), I get a perfect DVD without any bouncing of the picture &#33; Cool right ? :D