PDA

View Full Version : Wont Connect

icantwin
01-30-2004, 08:51 AM
i just downloaded overnet lite and it wont connect does anyone have any idea what it is please help

MUSLEMAN
01-30-2004, 09:51 AM
how do you connect to the internet?? router? network? proxy??

icantwin
01-30-2004, 10:09 AM
router, i dont understand though because i had overnet lite like a week ago and it worked fine but then i removed because i hadnt used it for a while then i just got it again and its not connecting

do you know how to forward ports to a d-link router

ive only found instructions on how to forward ports to a linkseys router maybe that is why its not connecting because i am firewalled so can someone please help me :(

Cyril
01-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey mus, hopefully you can help me too. Can connect but keep getting firewall message. using Zone Alarm. Checked FAQ and Overnet has access in the program control, but it also mentions Genric Host Process which does not show in the Program Control. Any thoughts.

EDIT: never mind - my smart arse flatmate discovered that setting upload speed below 1 would trigger firewall. Wait till he sees what I have done to his comp.

MUSLEMAN
01-31-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by icantwin@30 January 2004 - 06:09
router, i dont understand though because i had overnet lite like a week ago and it worked fine but then i removed because i hadnt used it for a while then i just got it again and its not connecting

do you know how to forward ports to a d-link router

ive only found instructions on how to forward ports to a linkseys router maybe that is why its not connecting because i am firewalled so can someone please help me :(
@cyril roflmao

@icantwin, if you call your router tech support they will forward the 2 ports that overnet uses for you

icantwin
01-31-2004, 09:23 PM
thanks so much musleman ill try that

MUSLEMAN
01-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by icantwin@31 January 2004 - 17:23
thanks so much musleman ill try that
good luck boss hope it will be sorted :lol: