PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Keyboard Issue.

pingus
01-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Help :helpsmile: Suddenly my shift and the numbers, sorry I can't type m
only 5 and 6 funtion the rest of my number stop working along with the shift.

I try every single key and the all work fine including 5 and 6, the rest of the numbers only and shift dont work any ideas

I've know there is a way of lifting up the keyboard on a laptop I just dont know How.......

Thank you in advanced
as always...

xp pro
HP pavillion xh555

100%
01-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Either
1.Lift every single key which has problems and clean(no water) underneath it
2.on my very outofdate toshiba- there is a cliky thing somewhere- which realeases the entire keyboard(this doesnt help for individual keys)
3.Worst case Scenario - Somebody spilt water\coffee\beer etc on it -open the keys and dry up fast, if its beer\sugar liquid use wet cloth then let it dry for a long while.

With an external keyboard its not a problem to wash it - but laptops its fkd.....so if its only a few keys and you have warranty bring it back

In the meantime-(unless you dont find solution)
-There is an OnScreen Keyboard you can use in the meantime - go to Start-Programs-Accesories-Accesabitlity-Keyboard
-You can connect an external keyboard

I just brought back mine for the reason of Coffee-pain in the ass

pingus
01-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Wao, Thanks BRO
that onscreen keyboard will really help for now I could'nt even write emails no shift numbers ect 2@ testing it works AWSOME for now...
Thanks Bud... :lol:

100%
01-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Enjoy Cliking :lol: :lol: :angry:
(there are nicer (smaller) virtual keyboards available (google) than the windows version)