PDA

View Full Version : Login As The Administrator In Xp

pingus
01-31-2004, 03:21 AM
OK guys this should be an easy one you guys and a hardone for me NEWBIE
how do i Login as the Administrator in XP, incredible I did a google search no luck

Thank you in advanced....

Autumn Fox
01-31-2004, 04:08 AM
Probably you are have an Admin account. Yes, if you're the only one using this comp, the installation was made by you or for you.

pingus
01-31-2004, 04:16 AM
Thand bud, gotit to work ////// :D

4th gen
01-31-2004, 04:22 AM
Now that the original question has been answered, I hope I can pose a question on similar lines here without 'hijacking' the topic...
A friend of my family bought her computer from a friend. It came pre-installed with Windows XP Pro, and with an Admin account on that installation. She made a new account herself, but she wishes to gain access to the Admin account. The Admin account is pass-protected, she doesn't know the password. She cannot ask the person she bought it from as they are no longer in contact (for personal reasons). I read a while ago that it was possible to extract the Admin password for XP using DOS, however, I can't find the post on this forum or any other information on the internet. Can anyone give us any help or advice on the commands that need to be used, please?
I realise this question is on the edges of 'hacking' so if anyone has any relevant information, could they please PM me rather than posting it here?

TIA :)

muchspl2
01-31-2004, 04:26 AM
h ttp://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

sposed to work, never tried it
I posted this link before a few times without any problems

4th gen
01-31-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@31 January 2004 - 03:26
h ttp://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

sposed to work, never tried it
I posted this link before a few times without any problems
Thanks, I'll forward that link on to her.