PDA

View Full Version : The Scimanal Rig

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 08:12 AM
Hello All,

By request I am now showing pics of my Computer... Nothing really spectacular..., but i have some pics of me rebuilding it again, and what it looked like finished, and what my "heatpiope" cooling sys looks like (bare in mind you are seeing the prototype version, it isn't pretty and may scar you forever... i have scrapped parts from many different things to make this... :D

Here we go... Mind you all Dial-up users can go to hell... because i am not going to resize all of these images...

Pics... (http://www.scimanal.com/rig)

So as promised on staurday... early saturday morning... infact i have posted pics.. i will be standing by for the inherent questions that the monkey failed to answer... <_<

4th gen
01-31-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 07:12
Pics... (http://www.scimanal.com/rig)

Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Try again...

4th gen
01-31-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 07:42
Try again...
Looks good :)
I like the green font

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Yep, been my theme for some years now...
try scimanal.com... same thing there... LOL

Did you per chance notice the whells on the comp??
I like them allot, but i guess i never actually took a pic of one of them...

adamp2p
01-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Is that a pic of you scimanal?

:lol:

I like your bro, dude, he&#39;s a character&#33;

4th gen
01-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 07:48
Yep, been my theme for some years now...
try scimanal.com... same thing there... LOL

Did you per chance notice the whells on the comp??
I like them allot, but i guess i never actually took a pic of one of them...
I never really studied it too much, I&#39;m maxing out my download bandwidth so the pics were loading pretty slowly

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 08:51 AM
Yep... your friendly SciManAl... (with a fro)

adamp2p
01-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 00:51

Yep... your friendly SciManAl... (with a fro)
Now I&#39;ll go edit it for those on dial up

james_bond_rulez
01-31-2004, 08:52 AM
i dont care what computer dude, but ur photography skillz could use some touch up..... <_<

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 08:53 AM
i dont care what computer dude, but ur photography skillz could use some touch up.....&nbsp;

for 1 in the mornoing those arn&#39;t bad... expeccially after some beers

adamp2p
01-31-2004, 08:55 AM
I am very impressed. Did you build all that yourself? And the 9800 XT, you bought one? What price did you pay?

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 08:57 AM
I am very impressed. Did you build all that yourself? And the 9800 XT, you bought one? What price did you pay?

Yep, the 9800xt cost me &#036;500 from a friend... lol hehehe 256 MB and all with AV in and out... very kick ass... still having fun with my 9600 still though... i want to see it melt first...

And yes i built it all myself... drilling plexi is hard and never let anyone say otherwise...

james_bond_rulez
01-31-2004, 09:01 AM
ur one crazy shit with all these water tubes.......

but otherwise a very nice job done :lol:

how&#39;d u get so much money to buy all these shit?

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 09:05 AM

My profession is stealling... I haven&#39;t bouasgh a singlr part of my computer... minus the plexi... (kinda hard to steal that...)

but otherwise a very nice job done&nbsp;

:D Thanks&#33;&#33;

adamp2p
01-31-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 00:57

Yep, the 9800xt cost me &#036;500 from a friend... lol hehehe 256 MB and all with AV in and out... very kick ass... still having fun with my 9600 still though... i want to see it melt first...

And yes i built it all myself... drilling plexi is hard and never let anyone say otherwise...
After seeing your pictures and such, I must say that I have discovered a newfound respect for you sciman al. :lol:

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 09:07 AM
After seeing your pictures and such, I must say that I have discovered a newfound respect for you sciman al.&nbsp;

Well thanks&#33; wow positive response is aww inspiring...

james_bond_rulez
01-31-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 00:05
My profession is stealling... I haven&#39;t bouasgh a singlr part of my computer... minus the plexi... (kinda hard to steal that...)
wow and i thought pirating is bad

time for me to visit a computer shop :ph34r:

hehehh

where&#39;d u get all these parts anyways? u work at a computer store?

my friend is a sales at a computer store and I can always negociate crazy discounts (like 95 % off or somethin...) on kick ass hardware....

cash only that is.... :rolleyes:

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 09:16 AM

my friend is a sales at a computer store and I can always negociate crazy discounts (like 95 % off or somethin...) on kick ass hardware....

cash only that is....&nbsp;

I am not responsible for any one&#39;s actions in response to the following text, it was printed for the prupose of education, not criminal deeds...

1: Day after thanksgiving sales (group effort, walk away with many coats worth of ram, and vid cards preferably from bestbuy...)

2: Nightraids on Circut city for moniters...(no joke,raid the store)

3:Houses, go in during dinner, come out with a midrange comp.

4: the hardest of all though... My Colledges store house... They have stacks of G5s there... Brand new computers waiting to be shipped around campus at all times of the year... Very Hot stuff waiting to be plucked...

james_bond_rulez
01-31-2004, 09:22 AM
:huh: i&#39;ll be god fucked..... :huh:

at least i pay somethin&#39;..... :lol:

that&#39;s just....wrong.... :lol:

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 09:22 AM
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Total number of readouts: 681 CPU Speed: 3032 MHz |
|Running from: 1/1/2002 12:15:23 AM until: 1/1/2002 2:08:51 AM |
+-----------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|Sensor | Current | Low | High | Average |
|Case | 26° C | 23° C | 26° C | 24° C |
|CPU | 6° C | 6° C | 13° C | 9° C |
|Sensor 3 | 0° C | 0° C | 0° C | 0° C |
|Core 0 | 1.76 V | 1.73 V | 1.78 V | 1.76 V |
|Core 1 | 0.00 V | 0.00 V | 0.00 V | 0.00 V |
|+3.3 | 3.49 V | 3.47 V | 3.49 V | 3.49 V |
|+5.00 | 4.87 V | 4.78 V | 4.87 V | 4.86 V |
|+12.00 | 12.16 V | 12.16 V | 12.28 V | 12.17 V |
|-12.00 | -7.26 V | -7.26 V | -7.26 V | -7.26 V |
|-5.00 | 0.38 V | 0.33 V | 0.38 V | 0.38 V |
|Fan 1 | 2576 RPM | 2445 RPM | 2596 RPM | 45 RPM |
|Fan 2 | 2045 RPM | 2020 RPM | 3443 RPM | 2065 RPM |
|Fan 3 | 0 RPM | 0 RPM | 0 RPM | 0 RPM |

Here, this is from my MBM log file...(the file wouldn&#39;t attach right?&#33;?&#33; :blink:

I am going to bed guys see ya later&#33;&#33;

clocker
01-31-2004, 02:10 PM
Al,
Your pics resemble an Impressionist painting.
Very arty.
Unfortunately my old fart eyes could barely make out any detail and I got tired of scrolling all over the place trying to locate a reference point.

I did recognize the Aquarius waterblock right away though. :P

Your system temps are very impressive, but I am still confused about the nature of your cooling setup.
Would you mind giving me the "SciMan Cooling For Dummies" version when you get a chance?

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 04:17 PM
General pic of the piece of junk (http://scimanal.com/rig/DSC01815.JPG)

OK, First of thqat is a gladware tubermaid thing, and that was all the strenght i needed to maintian the vacume required to keep the water boiling right.

The upermost piece of copper, holds currently ra-36 (or somthing of the like, car coolent...) ok, I stated earlier that i had a block of metal around this... Well, i SHOULD for safely reasons and to keep all things alive around me have one here, but like i said this is ythe beta and it works... (i pray everynight) anyways the metal holds the pressures inside that come around at about 400PSI...

The lower piece of metal foam thing, was to hold thw water in and let it out... The pipe takes the water out, when there is a certian amount of reserver water in the tank, and then the foam secures the hole i made in the gladware container, I used "Great Foam" to seal it all up, very cool stuff, comes out semi likaud/cotton candy, and then turns into a hard foam...

ok there is a nipple inside the pipe that leads down and away from the whole thing, and that is where the tube is... It is held on by suction more than anything, but it works... so i am happy.

hmm...

sany more?? It works as explained earlier... I have a better version of it being made in the procces, but then this version cost me 30 bucks to build...

The beta version only cools the cpu, and so some fans are present... But when for instance i install my vamped up aqaurius 4000 in there with 2 water pumps out of my dishwasher..., and blasting water at over 1000 gallons per min on the CPU, and then out the cooling elsewhere, say my Vid card, my 3dmark scores double...
hehehe, but all that is just plain stuff...

bigdawgfoxx
01-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 03:16

cash only that is....

I am not responsible for any one&#39;s actions in response to the following text, it was printed for the prupose of education, not criminal deeds...

1: Day after thanksgiving sales (group effort, walk away with many coats worth of ram, and vid cards preferably from bestbuy...)

2: Nightraids on Circut city for moniters...(no joke,raid the store)

3:Houses, go in during dinner, come out with a midrange comp.

4: the hardest of all though... My Colledges store house... They have stacks of G5s there... Brand new computers waiting to be shipped around campus at all times of the year... Very Hot stuff waiting to be plucked...
What do you do walk in the front door and tell everyone to freeze and then just take the comp and leave? lol...and what do you do take the graphics cards outa the box IN the store and put them in ur coat?

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 06:11 PM
What do you do walk in the front door and tell everyone to freeze and then just take the comp and leave? lol...and what do you do take the graphics cards outa the box IN the store and put them in ur coat?

Firstly, in a victorian style house (lots of those here) the bedrooms are farthest away from the kitchen, so you raid thier rooms, of all stuff when they are having dinner... you leave they don&#39;t know what the fuck happened. Because if you are quiet, and if you stay out of sight, you stay out of mind...

SecondGrphics cards can be aquired afew different ways, but firstly day after thanksgiving sales events are the place and time to go... You can very easily blend in, and at my store it is body to body closeness, 600+poeple in a little itty bitty sotre... cameras can&#39;t see anything below the waist... and since it is cold everyone has a coat... now, when at these events they regularly have poeple requesteing big items drive around bag and wait while they load whatever it up, to avoid the front lots congestion, so you get some buddies, and a truck etc... park in back, say you are waiting for a bigsreen etc... Then havce your buddies go in... The backway does not have any security and thus you can say they looked for the sales guy, but couldn&#39;t find him and were simply coming back to the car the way they went in... In the mass frnzy all is possible... But with bulging coats... we can get as many as 4-8 vid cards at one time per person.. and typicly we can nab anywhere from 100-200 ram sticks, or simply as many as they have...

Now if you were to attempt to go out the front... a whole different store, you need a demagnitizer, or a way to get everything deboxed.. and hidden... But see i like the 9800xt boxes... so i like the car waiting method, plus you get in the car and drive off, with lots o shit...

Sad thing was is that i didn&#39;t find a way to steal 9800Xts from the store untill a little bit ago, so i guess i actually have purchased some major equ9ipment...
any thing else??

DWk
01-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Figures. A genius mind in the body of a thief.

Life is ironic ain&#39;t it :smilie4:

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Figures. A genius mind in the body of a thief.

Life is ironic ain&#39;t it&nbsp;

Nope its free... :lol:

hehehe i still think th3e best thing i did to my comp was give it wheels...

_John_Lennon_
01-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 04:05

but otherwise a very nice job done

:D Thanks&#33;&#33;
And of course minus the 500 dollar XT you said you bought, in your last post.

Looks like a nice rig, though I never liked the plexi look, though the pictures are really grany. I take it your water cooling?

If so what waterblock, and what pump are you using.

Also, scimanal, ever have any luck with that Ram we talked about......... :rolleyes:

DWk
01-31-2004, 06:53 PM
He has his own cooling system, John. Didn&#39;t you see his post asking questions about it? Uhhhh I think you replied in it :D

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Also, scimanal, ever have any luck with that Ram we talked about.........&nbsp;

It seems to work fine :huh: Oh wait no i haven&#39;t mad any raids latly... i have had allthe stuff i need... (and a little)

Looks like a nice rig, though I never liked the plexi look, though the pictures are really grany. I take it your water cooling?

If so what waterblock, and what pump are you using.

:huh: umm, i have an aquiaroius water cooling system that i heavily modified... But in the current pics etc i have my heatpipe cooler installed... It doesn&#39;t use a pump, but otherwise it uses the same as the aqaurious package it has a block etc...

I actually don&#39;t keep the heatpipe in for very long, mainly because i have doubts about it&#39;s flimsy construction... I am waiting to get my new one done... made primarily out of more stronger things etc...

Right now i am running on the acquirois 200 as i call it... It has 3 pumps, the normal aqaurois pump runs all the time, the other 2 can be switched on or off, ansd they are the jets that pump water inside a dishwasher, or more simply they pump allot of water... Umm same block etc...

He has his own cooling system, John. Didn&#39;t you see his post asking questions about it? Uhhhh I think you replied in it&nbsp;

You feelin ok??&#33;??&#33; :blink:

TheFilePirater
01-31-2004, 07:20 PM
you have the most un-steady hands ive ever seen&#33;&#33; how do u blur one of those pics :lol:

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 08:10 PM
you have the most un-steady hands ive ever seen&#33;&#33; how do u blur one of those pics
oh sorry i should probably have had the striper stop while i took the pics... :lol:

here, i won&#39;t have the heatpipe installed, but i will take some pics again ok??

adamp2p
01-31-2004, 09:29 PM
You are a bloody theif? You don&#39;t earn your keep like the rest of us?

It&#39;s people like you that cause the price of retail goods to climb&#33; :angry:

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 10:08 PM
You are a bloody theif? You don&#39;t earn your keep like the rest of us?

It&#39;s people like you that cause the price of retail goods to climb&#33;

LOL hehehhee :lol:

be carefull, i might steal you...

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Ok guys site has been updated... Check it out&#33;&#33;&#33;

LINK (http://scimanal.com/rig)

_John_Lennon_
01-31-2004, 11:08 PM
Ahh yeah, of course, the heatpipe.

I dont feel like thinking about that anymore, so lets move on, lol.

But serious Scimanal, you know, Maybe 1-2 stick of 3500 Ram.... Two 256MB ones for some dual channel...... I could pay shipping, if you happen to be able to get them at a reasonable price, *wink *wink........

SciManAl
01-31-2004, 11:13 PM
really 3500??? set in stone this what you want?? i may have choice in brand, what is you preference?

i will get 2 256 sticks of your choice, (or at least try...)

Shipping is of course your price...

adamp2p
02-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Sci-man al: where are some picks of the 9800XT?

_John_Lennon_
02-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@31 January 2004 - 18:13
really 3500??? set in stone this what you want?? i may have choice in brand, what is you preference?

i will get 2 256 sticks of your choice, (or at least try...)

Shipping is of course your price...
Preferably Name brand, but let me do a small list of the top of my head, in terms of one over the other. And I mean, what im really looking for, is 2 stick of 3200+ ram, so I mean, 3500, 3700, etc.

1. Mushkin, OXZ, Corsair,
2. Kingston Hyper X
3. Crucial, Kingston regular
4. Off name stuff last, though generic memory usually doesnt do as good in the overclocking dept, meaning that 3500 Speed ram doesnt alwys even run at 3500 speed.

How much to ship two stick to my area code, 27520? Any ideas?

We can PM to further talk about this btw.

SciManAl
02-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Sci-man al: where are some picks of the 9800XT?
do you really want some?? i have barely taken the thing out of the box... ihaven&#39; even modeed it at all?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; :blink: