PDA

View Full Version : Transylvania?

hey_suburbia
01-31-2004, 11:09 PM
I've been searching for a book that I used to be frightened by as a kid. Not sure if it came out in the late 80's, but that is when I looked at it. maybe 88-92...? The book was a large hard-cover that had something about Transylvania on it.

I have very few memories of it, but I remember it had a map and large full color illustrations of all sorts of demons and monsters, one was of large demon dogs about to attack a human who was on the edge of a cliff, another was of a house with a large pig-demon above the house..that's all I can really remember... Anybody have any clue what this book is called? links? i've been looking for it for months... Thanks

sharedholder
01-31-2004, 11:30 PM
:o :lol: Tell me what you want to know about Transylvania , cause i'm from that place. ;)

MagicNakor
02-01-2004, 04:03 AM
It almost sounds like Ravenloft's "Guide to Transylvania."

:ninja:

hey_suburbia
02-01-2004, 06:14 PM
I checked out, Ravenloft's "Guide to Transylvania.", wasn't it....This is driving me crazy. I wish I could remember more, I just remember a really big book probably 11x14 hardcover. All of the illustrations were full page color extremely detailed. The "demon-dogs/aliens" were about to attack this guy on a cliff somewhere...I can't remember, any other idea's? or place's to look?

MagicNakor
02-02-2004, 02:49 AM
The only other thing I could think of would be one of White Wolf's Translyvania books. But those weren't late 80s.

hey_suburbia
02-25-2004, 10:16 PM
I finally found the name of the guy:

Les Edwards,but I still can't find the book.

http://www.lesedwards.com/vault_gallery.htm

MagicNakor
02-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Well, he's done quite a few covers. He's got his email on his site....why don't you just ask him? ;)

Denko
01-09-2005, 01:39 PM
The book is called "The Tourists Guide to Transylvania" by Stewart Cowley and contained mailny illustrations by Les Edwards.
It was published in London by Octopus Books in 1981 and the ISBN Reference is 0706416023.

I had a copy when I was a kid and was fascinated by it. I'm now trying to track down a copy for my daughter.

Denko.