u read the topic

Smurfette
02-01-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by atiVidia@1 February 2004 - 00:58
u read the topic
OK, mission accomplished. Thx.

_John_Lennon_
02-01-2004, 01:41 AM
Well umm, are you going to go for a watercooling setup or air cooling?

Because if you are going to be looking for cheap peltiers, than you should already have a watercooling rig, beacuse you cant run a pelt without watercooling already.

With that in mind, if you already have watercooling, than I dont see why you will be looking for air cooling solutions.

Anyway, with all that in mind, I can only give you tips on air cooling seeing as how I know it. My Volcano 11+ is very nice, not to big either, though you might want to go for the Volcano 12, or the Silent boost, but their a hand full of dollars more.

Usually the only kind of coolers that out perform the upper end Thermaltakes like mine are the Thermalright's 800's 900's 947 etc's but they are more expensive, and rather big.

atiVidia
02-01-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@31 January 2004 - 20:41
Well umm, are you going to go for a watercooling setup or air cooling?

Because if you are going to be looking for cheap peltiers, than you should already have a watercooling rig, beacuse you cant run a pelt without watercooling already.

With that in mind, if you already have watercooling, than I dont see why you will be looking for air cooling solutions.

Anyway, with all that in mind, I can only give you tips on air cooling seeing as how I know it. My Volcano 11+ is very nice, not to big either, though you might want to go for the Volcano 12, or the Silent boost, but their a hand full of dollars more.

Usually the only kind of coolers that out perform the upper end Thermaltakes like mine are the Thermalright's 800's 900's 947 etc's but they are more expensive, and rather big.
im building an sff for a friend, and watercooling wont fit in those (<_<) so he needs an air-cooled peltier (or the block + a decent fan) or a decent but not-so-big air cooler

tesco
02-01-2004, 05:48 AM
you can have peltiers with aircooling cooling them right? i thought someone had a theread a while ago with a link to a thermaltake one, it was a small peltier thing with its own power supply that goes into a pci slot and their was a heat sync for it too. looked pretty cool but not sure about quality.

oh and what is an sff :huh: ??

atiVidia
02-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@1 February 2004 - 00:48
you can have peltiers with aircooling cooling them right? i thought someone had a theread a while ago with a link to a thermaltake one, it was a small peltier thing with its own power supply that goes into a pci slot and their was a heat sync for it too. looked pretty cool but not sure about quality.

oh and what is an sff :huh: ??
the subzero 4g is what ur referring to

however, while the peltier itself is small, it has a *separate* required power connection, and takes up a pci slot to manage the peltiers&#33;

an sff system cant afford that. thanx anyway
@ ROSSCO, an sff is a Small Form Factor pc. a "minipc" which use mobos that have only 1 agp and 1 pci (or just 1 pci only). mini-itx (http://www.miniitx.com) shows off some crazy ppls miniPCs, while companies such as Cubit and IWill, along with Chyangfun, make more advanced SFFs.

the SFF im building uses a monarch SFF case which allows for 3 PCI slots and an AGP slot.

thanks to all who helped.

btw, u like my new sig?

4th gen
02-01-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by atiVidia@1 February 2004 - 04:55
btw, u like my new sig?
looks nice, but it&#39;s too big

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=22529

tesco
02-01-2004, 06:00 AM
lol sig is really cool. how did you make it?

and ive neer heard of the small form factor. does it use regular atx power supplies? might look into this soon. and that motherboard you said you were getting, the monarch sff, sound kinda like my motherboard (micro atx, has one agp and 2 pci and a cnr slot, stupid cnr slot, shoulda been another pci)

atiVidia
02-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@1 February 2004 - 01:00
lol sig is really cool. how did you make it?

and ive neer heard of the small form factor. does it use regular atx power supplies? might look into this soon. and that motherboard you said you were getting, the monarch sff, sound kinda like my motherboard (micro atx, has one agp and 2 pci and a cnr slot, stupid cnr slot, shoulda been another pci)
i made the sig in fotoshop

monarchcomputer.com

@4thgen: its 30 pixels larger than the max. whats that gonna do?

ill worry when aome1 kills the sig

_John_Lennon_
02-01-2004, 06:18 AM
Ehh, you wanna use pelts with air cooling, then be my guest. But you need GOOD air cooling methods.

Anyway, most pelts need their own powersupply, because they draw so much power. If you want a good pelt, that means higher Wattage for the lower temps on the cold side, which means more power, which means its own power supply.

Heh, a 12V Pelt just wouldnt make much sense, ya know?

SciManAl
02-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Heh, a 12V Pelt just wouldnt make much sense, ya know?

10 of them in tandem might... :lol:

hehehhe,

Dude the power of peltiers is not saomething you want in a small factor... They also generate heat juyst like the CPU, so your adding more heat into the eqaution... However if you really want tooo, then an under 80 watt peltier will be what your only option, also look into getting as powerfull a PSU as possible... you might be able to put the peltier on the same power asd the PSU, but no you can&#39;t in that small of an area move the extrem heat of a peltier...

_John_Lennon_
02-01-2004, 11:17 PM
But I think it&#39;d also be interesting on how you would wiring it to a standard power supply, with only the 12 V and 5V leads in the molex connectors......