PDA

View Full Version : Women Rulers !

Gemby!
02-01-2004, 10:30 PM
In my history lesson we had to pretend me were president kennedy , and we had make a decision over what to do in a crisis .

well my teacher asked us all in our groups what we thought we should do if we were kennedy.

there were two main choices - attack or blockade.

most of our groups were seperated into boys and girls and wehn the teacher asked what we thought we should do the girls said blockade and the boys said attack.

this made me think about what would happen if past leaders were female. would the world have been a more peaceful place ? would world wars still have occured ? do you even think it would have made a difference ?

im not saying anything bad against men here either. :)

Samurai
02-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Aside from Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher was one of the UK's finest Prime Ministers and I'm going to have to agree with you on this. I believe there wouldn't have been as many wars :ph34r:

james_bond_rulez
02-01-2004, 10:34 PM
umm not dis'ing the females here but i think if females ruled the world it would be a mess....

we all talk about equality between men and women now but in reality men are superior to women both physically and mentally.

but then a lot of ppl might have a whole lot different opinion than me :lol:

not to start a flame war ;)

Gemby!
02-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 February 2004 - 22:34

we all talk about equality between men and women now but in reality men are superior to women both physically and mentally.

i dont think you should've sed that - COS ITS WRONG !!! :angry: Men may be superior to women physically BUT they are not mentally. men and women are both gud at this :P

james_bond_rulez
02-01-2004, 10:37 PM
lol ok..wuteva ya say :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
02-01-2004, 10:38 PM
What would have happend if we had blockaded in WW2?

We did, but at some point you have to advance, if you just sit there and wait for the enemy , sooner or later they will break thru, the best tactic is to blockade your turf, and flank with an attack once the enemy is in, that way it will just be a slaughter.

If we had not have advanced in WW2 then Hitler would have marched over us, it's not easy to blockade the air.

Retaliation is the only option in war, either that or a pre emptive attack before the enemy gets a chance (eg: The recent Iraq campaigne)

I don't like fighting or war, but those that do and are power hungry will not sit at a table with a cuppa tea and talk, they want to fight and the only way to stop them is to fight fire with fire.

And Maggie Thatcher thought like that, hard faced bitch would retaliate at the drop of a hat.

Jonno B)

Gemby!
men ! :rolleyes:

bigboab
I just think Margaret Thatcher.
I then think Miners.
I then think, now that coal is going to become the new 'Oil'
I then think Margaret Thatcher then think 'Wasted Space' :ph34r:

On Kennedy.

If I had been Kennedy I would have:-

DUCKED. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aaron_T
02-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Margeret Thatcher was a terrible prime minister <_<

scribblec
02-01-2004, 10:41 PM
gemby&#33; when did u start listening in lessons :o

Gemby!
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@1 February 2004 - 22:38
What would have happend if we had blockaded in WW2?

We did, but at some point you have to advance, if you just sit there and wait for the enemy , sooner or later they will break thru, the best tactic is to blockade your turf, and flank with an attack once the enemy is in, that way it will just be a slaughter.

If we had not have advanced in WW2 then Hitler would have marched over us, it&#39;s not easy to blockade the air.

Retaliation is the only option in war, either that or a pre emptive attack before the enemy gets a chance (eg: The recent Iraq campaigne)

I don&#39;t like fighting or war, but those that do and are power hungry will not sit at a table with a cuppa tea and talk, they want to fight and the only way to stop them is to fight fire with fire.

And Maggie Thatcher thought like that, hard faced bitch would retaliate at the drop of a hat.

Jonno B)
but i wasnt talking about ww2 or ww1 - it was the cuban missile stuff - and kennedy happened to use the blockade :P

and as i sed female rulers instead of male ones - so hitler wouldnt be about :P

Gemby!
Originally posted by scribblec@1 February 2004 - 22:41
i quite like history ... its interesting in its own unique way ;)

scribblec
02-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;+1 February 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gemby&#33; @ 1 February 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@1 February 2004 - 22:41
i quite like history ... its interesting in its own unique way ;) [/b][/quote]
its a good anestetik :D sends u to sleep :P

bigboab
02-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@1 February 2004 - 22:43
its a good anestetik :D sends u to sleep :P
A bit like speeling class. Eh&#33; Scribbs. :lol:

Gemby!
02-01-2004, 10:46 PM
stop spamming in my only serious thread &#33;

Evil Gemini
02-01-2004, 10:51 PM
I might be superior to China mentaly, but physically she will kick my ass :o

http://pwms.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wrestler/china_1.jpg

Gemby!
02-01-2004, 10:52 PM
:blink:

if hitler was a woman you think she would have still done the same stuff she done b4 ? like kill everyone ?

vidcc
02-01-2004, 10:53 PM
if women ruled the world...

sanitary products would be free, toilet seats would have automatic return to the down position or a law would be passed to force men to sit down when they pee, parking spaces would have to be made twice the current size by law. The only colour wallpaper one could buy would be pink. every 3rd week women would have a week off (JUST BECAUSE OK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;) chocolate would be free.

Apart from that i think a woman would be a fantastic leader, someone said thatcher was one of the finesest primeministers the Uk has had and right up to the point where she went mad i agree. I would like to see a female president here some day.

Mad Cat
02-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@1 February 2004 - 22:52
:blink:

if hitler was a woman you think she would have still done the same stuff she done b4 ? like kill everyone ?
Well if Hitler was a woman, with no mental changes, I doubt a transvestite woulda been ruler of Germany :wacko:

hobbes
02-01-2004, 10:55 PM
If women were in charge:

War would be started over 2 leaders wearing the same outfit to an international event.

There would be a lot more crying.

Logic would be abandoned.

The State of the Union address would begin with "Fellow citizens, does this dress make me look fat?"

The UN would convene with..."Oh my God, your hair looks so cute, did you frost it?".

Candidates for President would list their cup size.

The word "terrorist" would be replaced with "that bitch".

bo_selecta
02-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Thacher was a evil beatch
But then what else do ya expect from a bloody tory

And blockading is only a part in the overall war strategy.
If your learning history its a pretty pointless exercise your teacher had you on.
Blockading on its own would never work. We blockaded Germany in both world wars and yet we still had to go in and sort them out.
Also blockading had a far more serious effect on the civilian population (especially WW1) where the population starves to death so in effect blockading is a far less humane way to fight.
Blockading by itself doesnt deal with the problem, it just delays it and makes the enemy more desperate and possibly then more dangerous.

kaiweiler
02-01-2004, 11:05 PM
:huh: Women are supposed to have no place of power whatsoever, Men are far superior...

Gemby!
02-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by bo_selecta@1 February 2004 - 22:58
Thacher was a evil beatch
But then what else do ya expect from a bloody tory

And blockading is only a part in the overall war strategy.
If your learning history its a pretty pointless exercise your teacher had you on.
Blockading on its own would never work. We blockaded Germany in both world wars and yet we still had to go in and sort them out.
Also blockading had a far more serious effect on the civilian population (especially WW1) where the population starves to death so in effect blockading is a far less humane way to fight.
Blockading by itself doesnt deal with the problem, it just delays it and makes the enemy more desperate and possibly then more dangerous.
ok we had a choice of the options that kennedy had at the time .... one of them was blockade - we didnt discuss what happened after just what we thought would be suitable at the time

AND STOP SPAMMING &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Samurai
02-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@1 February 2004 - 21:38
I just think Margaret Thatcher.
I then think Miners.
I then think, now that coal is going to become the new &#39;Oil&#39;
I then think Margaret Thatcher then think &#39;Wasted Space&#39; :ph34r:

On Kennedy.

If I had been Kennedy I would have:-

DUCKED. :lol: :lol: :lol:
the coal miners went on strike for more money.

she did the best thing and told them to shove(l) it and hired new miners who were more than happy to work for the same wages.

the coal in france at the time was far cheaper and would have crippled our economy.

wasted space? yea right <_<

kaiweiler
02-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Hey Samurai&#33; I was the first one to view your site&#33; w00t&#33;&#33;
and a nice site at that...

bo_selecta
02-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Well you should always blockade, but blockade on its own isnt feasable.

If ya attack but dont blockade, the enemy can keep getting supplies so the war will drag on longer.
If ya blockade but dont attack, the enemy find other supplies, build up then attack ya, or just attack ya straight off and reopen the supply lines.

AN thatcher was still evil

Samurai
02-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bo_selecta@1 February 2004 - 22:12
AN thatcher was still evil
Please explain. I would like to know all the details based on your conclusion. I will write a follow up to this after.

vidcc
02-01-2004, 11:16 PM
the cuban missile crisis was a very dangerous time because of the nature of the weapons involved. In my opinion a blockade was the safest choice as a direct military attack could have ended up as a nuke fight

Samurai
02-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@1 February 2004 - 22:10
Hey Samurai&#33; I was the first one to view your site&#33; w00t&#33;&#33;
and a nice site at that...
Hehe well it&#39;s been up for a day or two, I only just put the counter on there. I&#39;m adding buts and pieces when I find time. I need to have the account open a week before I can upload files larger than 750KB so I&#39;m putting the small ones on first.

Anyway, back on topic or gemby&#33; will hurt me :)

Gemby!
02-01-2004, 11:28 PM
dam rite i will

@vidcc - thats what i mean &#33; cuban missile crisis &#33;

Skweeky
02-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Dear Gemby,

Women are bitches when they fight. Yes, we are. If all world leaders were female, every country would be in conflict with each other over the amount of nail polish they can import :lol:

j/k j/k, I&#39;m a decent feminist, I just think it wouldn&#39;t make that much of a difference :)

Wizard_Mon1
02-01-2004, 11:32 PM
The problem is that they are to changable.... emotionally they are like a 7 on the richter scale one minute and 0 the next. Men on the other hand are a steady 2/3 = more reliable. :o

Skweeky
02-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@2 February 2004 - 00:32
The problem is that they are to changable.... emotionally they are like a 7 on the richter scale one minute and 0 the next. Men on the other hand are a steady 2/3 = more reliable. :o
That&#39;s only because you don&#39;t get your period :angry:

JONNO_CELEBS
02-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@1 February 2004 - 22:41

and as i sed female rulers instead of male ones - so hitler wouldnt be about :P
:o Gems I stand corected :)

Very well said, true if women were in charge Hitler would&#39;nt have been about :)

But when attacked, at some point you have to retaliate :)

Maggie Thatcher is the only woman that would do that (altho agreed with Bob about the minors, what a travesty)

Jonno B)

god-of-rock
02-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@2 February 2004 - 00:34
lol

But, honestly....

My first thought was that if women ruled the world, the world would&#39;ve been a better place, but on the other hand.... there is also alot of bitches out there (like Tatcher), and I&#39;m afraid that theese would&#39;ve been the chicks who got to rule... and then I think we would&#39;ve all been nuked long ago, &#39;cause alot of bitches tend to act before they think....

Samurai
02-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by god&#045;of&#045;rock+1 February 2004 - 23:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (god-of-rock @ 1 February 2004 - 23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@2 February 2004 - 00:34
lol

But, honestly....

My first thought was that if women ruled the world, the world would&#39;ve been a better place, but on the other hand.... there is also alot of bitches out there (like Tatcher), and I&#39;m afraid that theese would&#39;ve been the chicks who got to rule... and then I think we would&#39;ve all been nuked long ago, &#39;cause alot of bitches tend to act before they think.... [/b][/quote]
That is probably the most stupid post I&#39;ve read all day, and it ends in 3 minutes. Congratulations. How old are you? 12?

Firstly, learn how to control your sexist comments to yourself. Secondly, I am hereby ordering you to spell check every post you make for the near future.

bigboab
02-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Imagine having him as a teacher Gemby? :ph34r:

summerlinda
02-02-2004, 01:19 AM
I dont know about the male / female ruling thing, it would sure be different. Better? I dont know... I think political balance is the best thing, half men, half women. Just like the world population is :-)
Here in Holland we do have a lot of female politicians [about 35 %] and I think thats a good thing, though I would like some more. Things go rather well around here. [now fuck off Balkenende&#33;]

bigboab
02-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by summerlinda@2 February 2004 - 01:19
balance is the best thing, half men, half women.
Do you mean something like Yogi? :lol: :lol:

Wizard_Mon1
02-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by bigboab+2 February 2004 - 01:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 2 February 2004 - 01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-summerlinda@2 February 2004 - 01:19
balance is the best thing, half men, half women.
Do you mean something like Yogi? :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: or i.news :lol: :lol:

Abe
02-02-2004, 02:59 AM
ok , lets me tell you about my school (high school). When had a male pricible (ms sry) and we were not in debt , The rules were loose and logicle ,we had school spirit, good sports , overall fun.

then............we got a new one who is an middle aged women. we are in huge debt and you know what she did? SHE BOUGHT CURTAINS FOR THE LUNCHROOM WINDOWS&#33; :angry: .The rules are now very stricy and communist like , school spirit is posters on the wall and a yelling princible with a megaphone to get in order during the bonfire&#33; , we won a couple of games at football (but were doing good in basketball and volley) and school now sucks 60% more. :angry:

But were now more organized with grades&#33;

seriously...................women rules are powerhungry&#33;

no disrespect.

MagicNakor
02-02-2004, 03:25 AM
This has got to be one of the most ignorant and offensive threads I&#39;ve seen here in a while.

If anyone ever wonders why there aren&#39;t more females in politics, I&#39;ll just show them this. It seems to represent the Good Ol&#39; Boys thinking.

Kennedy chose quarantine. The entire situation was a gamble, but that option had better odds than attacking. Attacking Cuba would&#39;ve led to nuclear war.

As for women being rulers, they have been equally (if not more so) capable in the past. I&#39;m really hoping I don&#39;t have to write up a long list, but I&#39;m not counting on it.

:ninja:

hobbes
02-02-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@2 February 2004 - 04:25
This has got to be one of the most ignorant and offensive threads I&#39;ve seen here in a while.

If anyone ever wonders why there aren&#39;t more females in politics, I&#39;ll just show them this. It seems to represent the Good Ol&#39; Boys thinking.

Kennedy chose quarantine. The entire situation was a gamble, but that option had better odds than attacking. Attacking Cuba would&#39;ve led to nuclear war.

As for women being rulers, they have been equally (if not more so) capable in the past. I&#39;m really hoping I don&#39;t have to write up a long list, but I&#39;m not counting on it.

:ninja:
Grumpy boy, have a cup of coffee and a laugh.

lynx
02-02-2004, 03:33 AM
Women rulers? Give them an inch and they take a foot. :o

shn
02-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Its a known fact that women own men.

You do what we say or you dont get laid.................simple as that. :D

bigboab
02-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by shn@2 February 2004 - 08:56
Its a known fact that women own men.

They might own men. But they will never own up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skweeky
02-02-2004, 11:54 AM
WE don&#39;t get laid? :lol: :lol:

Yogi
02-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Summerlinda:

Things go rather well around here

WTF???

What part of Holland do you live???

But i agree on BalkEllende&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi

summerlinda
02-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening@2 February 2004 - 13:06
Summerlinda:

Things go rather well around here

WTF???

What part of Holland do you live???

But i agree on BalkEllende&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi
Im in the south Yogi, Noord Brabant :)

god-of-rock
02-02-2004, 12:19 PM
But, honestly....

My first thought was that if women ruled the world, the world would&#39;ve been a better place, but on the other hand.... there is also alot of bitches out there (like Tatcher), and I&#39;m afraid that theese would&#39;ve been the chicks who got to rule... and then I think we would&#39;ve all been nuked long ago, &#39;cause alot of bitches tend to act before they think....
That is probably the most stupid post I&#39;ve read all day, and it ends in 3 minutes. Congratulations. How old are you? 12?

Firstly, learn how to control your sexist comments to yourself. Secondly, I am hereby ordering you to spell check every post you make for the near future. [/QUOTE]
hmm... it was kinda stupid, yes; but you shouldn&#39;t take everything all that seriously, lol

Anyway I was drunk when I wrote it, hence the speeling.... usually I check it ;)

There is though a point, &#39;cause women in power-positions tend to think/act like men so I don&#39;t think the difference would be that big, however, if, let&#39;s say Hilary Clinton was the president of USA instead of Bush, I don&#39;t think we would have had the Iraq-war.

But to answer the topic in sobriety I think the world could&#39;ve been better off with a 50/50 mix of women/men in leading positions...

j4y3m
02-02-2004, 12:22 PM
If the president was a women she would just sit there and moan while all the other countires and there male leaders bombed america to peices.

Skweeky
02-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@2 February 2004 - 13:22
If the president was a women she would just sit there and moan while all the other countires and there male leaders bombed america to peices.
You do your name honour

summerlinda
02-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Its really interesting to see what views of women some people have...
Didn&#39;t your mummies give you enough attention?
Did your sisters bitch you around?
Had a hard time in school with your lady teachers?
Granny didn&#39;t give you enough candy?
Dumped by your girlfriends over and over?

Come to Linda and tell me all about it... Let out the frustrations...

:lol:

j4y3m
02-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky+2 February 2004 - 11:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 2 February 2004 - 11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stupidguy@2 February 2004 - 13:22
You do your name honour [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s true.

Skweeky
02-02-2004, 12:33 PM
What would she moan about? :huh:

bigboab
02-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by summerlinda@2 February 2004 - 12:29

Have you not got enough work on your hands in Holland?

Trying to analyze Yogi. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi
02-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@2 February 2004 - 14:22
Can&#39;t wait for her to step into office&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi

summerlinda
02-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@2 February 2004 - 13:33
What would she moan about? :huh:
About America being bombed to pieces?

Typical eh.. he thinks this topic is only about America :lol:

j4y3m
02-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Nothing as usual. Lol I&#39;m only joking, women are great and I think there should be a female president or priminister but they shouldnt be just women there should be some male ones too.

Yogi
02-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+2 February 2004 - 14:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 2 February 2004 - 14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-summerlinda@2 February 2004 - 12:29

Have you not got enough work on your hands in Holland?

Trying to analyze Yogi. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Analyze Yogi. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice title for a movie.........

If you want to turn out looney, be my guest&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi :P

bigboab
02-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@2 February 2004 - 12:37
should be some male ones too.
There was. Margaret Thatcher. :lol:

Skweeky
02-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Hehe yeah.

Now let&#39;s have a look.

The prime minister of Pakistan is a woman, thank god she didn&#39;t decide to have a war with India.
The prime minister of Finland is a woman too, no one ever has problems with them and they&#39;re doing rather well...

I just think that the right miw of men and women is the most appropriate. We all have our qualities :)

j4y3m
02-02-2004, 12:42 PM
There should be a test give half of america to a women and half to a man and see what happens. :P

Yogi
02-02-2004, 12:43 PM
right miw of men and women

Allready on the booze, sweek??? :o

UKman&#39;s influence is dangerous&#33;&#33;&#33; Or is it vice versa??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi

Skweeky
02-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@2 February 2004 - 13:42
There should be a test give half of america to a women and half to a man and see what happens. :P
The male part would start to try and take over the female part in no time <_< :lol:

@Yogi: Hehe, in fact, I think I&#39;ll have a nice vodka :D

And it&#39;s this bloody keyboard, all the letters are in the wrong place, and ther are things like åöä :huh:

Yogi
02-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky+2 February 2004 - 14:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 2 February 2004 - 14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stupidguy@2 February 2004 - 13:42
The male part would start to try and take over the female part in no time <_< :lol:

@Yogi: Hehe, in fact, I think I&#39;ll have a nice vodka :D

And it&#39;s this bloody keyboard, all the letters are in the wrong place, and ther are things like åöä :huh: [/b][/quote]
åöä&#33;&#33;&#33;

Stårt talking dirty ällready???

Möre, Möre&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

Yogi

Skweeky
02-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I&#39;m drinking mjölk :o
UKMan is taking a shåwår :huh:
He left the döör open so I&#39;m staying here nice and safe behind the cömpüter :lol:

oldmancan
02-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Gemby,

Of course, history would be quite different if we had matriarch societies, woman rulers. Not for the flippant cliches/reasons presented by the neanderthals. Rather for a very simple truth. Mothers have second thoughts about sending their sons (and daughters) to their death.

However, one must remember that greed is not gender biased. So we can&#39;t assume a Amazon Utopia is a foregone conclusion.

Personally I appreciate a balance. Unfortuneatly I can&#39;t think of a "leader" I&#39;d want to follow except for Gandi.

Cheers omc

Gemby!
02-02-2004, 09:13 PM
thanks for all the replies and to someone who mentioned their school having a new headmistress - just cos she sucks doesnt mean every other woman would &#33;&#33; HAHAHAHA&#33; *and calm*