PDA

View Full Version : Country Discrimination

Smith
02-01-2004, 11:54 PM
:angry: i dont know why americans are assholes...

whenever i play a game online ppl always tret me different cause im canadian.

they tk me, and drive off when i ask for a pickup( i play bf1942 alot)

and then laugh

assholes...

kenken
02-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Being from England i really never understood why Americans and Canadians don't get along! I mean you are the same (well except that America blames Canada at every opportunity; and also Canadians tend to have European mannerisms) THEY ARE POLITE! :rolleyes: sorry if i offend anyone who is American but i just had to say that.

infamousalbo101
02-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Im american so im bothering "eh" is theere a problem "eh"

:P :P j/k j/k :P :P

striffy the snowman
02-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I always never understood why Yanks hated us Canadians. On thing is for sure though... We know cold better then they do, lol.

judgeofallandnothing
02-02-2004, 07:04 AM
my guess is that Canadian are a bunch of wannabe Americans lol.. and no i m not american.

striffy the snowman
02-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Yeah, we're all wannabe sheep, we all want to attack a third world country because a propagandist president had a hunch they had "weapons of mass destruction"...

4th gen
02-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by kenken@2 February 2004 - 00:10
Being from England i really never understood why Americans and Canadians don't get along! I mean you are the same (well except that America blames Canada at every opportunity; and also Canadians tend to have European mannerisms) THEY ARE POLITE! :rolleyes: sorry if i offend anyone who is American but i just had to say that.
There is the same 'friendly rivalry' between scotland and england as there is between north america and canada

Monkeee
02-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@1 February 2004 - 23:54
:angry: i dont know why americans are assholes...

whenever i play a game online ppl always tret me different cause im canadian.

they tk me, and drive off when i ask for a pickup( i play bf1942 alot)

and then laugh

assholes...
jus Tk's thoes assholes back :gunsmile: ... or bring one of em tanks and just crush em :tank:

judgeofallandnothing
02-02-2004, 08:22 AM
i like those smilies they're purty

JunkBarMan
02-02-2004, 08:25 AM
We Americans do not have a problem with the Canadiens. We run this show and they sit there and talk(complain) about what we do. We are doers, they are talkers. At least that's as far as I can tell.

Evil Gemini
02-02-2004, 09:32 AM
I like Canadians better.

toddiscool
02-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen@2 February 2004 - 02:35
There is the same 'friendly rivalry' between scotland and england as there is between north america and canada
Canada is north america :blink:

kenken
02-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+2 February 2004 - 08:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 2 February 2004 - 08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kenken@2 February 2004 - 00:10
Being from England i really never understood why Americans and Canadians don&#39;t get along&#33; I mean you are the same (well except that America blames Canada at every opportunity; and also Canadians tend to have European mannerisms) THEY ARE POLITE&#33; :rolleyes:&nbsp; sorry if i offend anyone who is American but i just had to say that.
There is the same &#39;friendly rivalry&#39; between scotland and england as there is between north america and canada [/b][/quote]
Where on earth did u get that from???
There&#39;s no actual rivalry between Scotland and England the only problem that England has with the Scotts is that they choose not to be part of britain and fly their own flag; but they stick their noses in and vote on issues that only affect England just to screw us up&#33; :angry:

json55
02-02-2004, 11:52 PM
my guess is that Canadian are a bunch of wannabe Americans lol.. and no i m not american

no only TORONTO are wannabe they think they are same as NEW YORK
but in here VANCOUVER AND TORONTO not get along
thats why i hate Toronto :lol: :lol:

kenken
02-03-2004, 10:24 AM
I love Canada......But it&#39;s too cold. :(
I love America......But i hate it&#39;s president :angry:

j4y3m
02-03-2004, 10:37 AM
America sucks. Canada rules.

Samurai
02-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Personally I have no problems with America or Canada...

As for the Scotland/England debate, I think our two countries get along quite fine even for 2 countries bordering each other. With France only 30 miles away from the English coast, however is a different matter. Everyone hates them.

j4y3m
02-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I was born in Scotland raised for the most part in England and now I&#39;m back in Scotland so I like both countries about the same. :P

TARPD
02-03-2004, 12:07 PM
http://www.marcymarc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bf1942posters/Headhunter/pics/reqpickup.jpg

4th gen
02-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by kenken@2 February 2004 - 19:18
There&#39;s no actual rivalry between Scotland and England the only problem that England has with the Scotts is that they choose not to be part of britain and fly their own flag; but they stick their noses in and vote on issues that only affect England just to screw us up&#33; :angry:
I&#39;m Scottish. Scots in the British army based in England are often assaulted. There is an "us and them" mentality

TARPD
02-03-2004, 06:42 PM
i dont like the fact a bunch of scottish mps made english and welsh kids pay tuition fees but scottish kids dont have too. those darn scots rule, in a way

Samurai
02-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+3 February 2004 - 17:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 3 February 2004 - 17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kenken@2 February 2004 - 19:18
I&#39;m Scottish. Scots in the British army based in England are often assaulted. There is an "us and them" mentality [/b][/quote]
What??? I was in the Army for 2 years and I know of nothing like that happening. In fact, every Scot I knew in the force loved serving with the English. They could out-drink us so that was probably why. When I was completing my basic training, 3 of my instructors were Scottish and they seemed to get along fine.

4th gen
02-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@3 February 2004 - 17:51
What??? I was in the Army for 2 years and I know of nothing like that happening. In fact, every Scot I knew in the force loved serving with the English. They could out-drink us so that was probably why. When I was completing my basic training, 3 of my instructors were Scottish and they seemed to get along fine.
I&#39;ve heard this from more than one person I know and trust. Possibly their experience differs from yours somewhat

cwctv
02-03-2004, 07:12 PM
What??? I was in the Army for 2 years

Christ is that the lowest now I had to do 6 (mind I am getting on). :D

kenken
02-03-2004, 08:07 PM
There isn&#39;t that much anamosity between the Scotts and Brits (Yes i meant not to include Scotland as part of Britain). This is because both Scotland and Wales are allowed to fly their own flags instead of the Union Jack but England is criticised and called racist when it flys the St. Georges flag. I thought that the Union Jack was brought in so that each country could get rid of their own flags because were supposed to be united :rolleyes: .

4th gen
02-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by kenken@3 February 2004 - 19:07
There isn&#39;t that much anamosity between the Scotts and Brits (Yes i meant not to include Scotland as part of Britain). This is because both Scotland and Wales are allowed to fly their own flags instead of the Union Jack but England is criticised and called racist when it flys the St. Georges flag. I thought that the Union Jack was brought in so that each country could get rid of their own flags because were supposed to be united :rolleyes: .
I consider myself Scottish, not British. I&#39;m not a diplomat, nor do I intend to be. Don&#39;t think I hate (or even dislike) the English though, a large proprtion of my family are English. There is no bad feeling there, from me at least.

I don&#39;t think an Englishperson flying the St. George&#39;s Flag is racist at all, in the same way I don&#39;t find someone flying the St. Andrew&#39;s Cross racist.

Mad Cat
02-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@3 February 2004 - 08:07
Canada sucks. and you calling Americans assholes doesn&#39;t help mend hate anymore, only furthers it. :lol:
And thats the kind of attitude that will continue it.

Oh and Scots, English, Welsh, I don&#39;t have a problem. Theres jokes every now and then, but I&#39;ve never seen anything serious. Ireland is a whole different problem. Stupid government should just give up Northern Ireland, and if the people still want to live there they can.

mustangchang
02-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@3 February 2004 - 15:36

And thats the kind of attitude that will continue it.

Oh and Scots, English, Welsh, I don&#39;t have a problem. Theres jokes every now and then, but I&#39;ve never seen anything serious. Ireland is a whole different problem. Stupid government should just give up Northern Ireland, and if the people still want to live there they can. [/quote]
YES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; give Ireland back to the Irish damnit :angry:

TARPD
02-03-2004, 10:46 PM
stupid people should give up industry :angry:

Cygnuz-Y
02-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Usa hates canada &#39;cuz Canada is the same as USA without all the shittie problems and stupid president:

And canada is the best place to live in the globe B)

http://www.askmen.com/toys/top_10/10b_top_10_list.html

Smith
02-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by t3h1337n355@3 February 2004 - 12:07
http://www.marcymarc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bf1942posters/Headhunter/pics/reqpickup.jpg
lmao

seriously now, i dont do anything or say anyhting. i try 2 fit in and get along.

but when someone says they did something cause im canadian, that just pisses me off. :angry:

TARPD
02-04-2004, 12:34 AM
bf1942posters.marcymarc.co.uk

go in different rooms or join a clan, maybe we should have a kl clan

Rat Faced
02-04-2004, 01:15 AM
There are a lot of reasons for rivalry (and sometimes dislike) from scotland towards england, and to a much lesser extent the other way around....these range from the History involved upto the present day.

Most Scots know that most of the North of England would much rather follow Edinburgh than London politically...we have much more in common with them than the Home Counties, inc our general outlook on life...

One of the things i find funny is the media & Sport.... eg Olympics etc.

If someone from south of the Border does well, he&#39;s an "Englishman", if he does poorly hes "British"...anyone else noticed this?

I think the Canadian/US thing goes back to when Canada refused to join in the War of Independance and later when they erm...burned the Whitehouse down....

Now they&#39;re just jealous as Canada is considered part of the US that doesnt pay taxes to washington by some people :P

Im going to move this to The Lounge, as its evolved into a much more general thread than gaming...

billyfridge
02-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by infamousalbo101@2 February 2004 - 01:20
Im american so im bothering "eh" is theere a problem "eh"

:P :P j/k j/k :P :P
Ay tha&#39;s reet theer, dost no wot thart talkin about?

billyfridge, manchester united country.

bigboab
02-04-2004, 02:12 AM
I love every country. :)

billyfridge
02-04-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@4 February 2004 - 02:12
I love every country. :)
If everone was like you BigB, the world would be a better place :)

hobbes
02-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Canada exists and it is cold and they play hockey.

The people say "aboot" instead of "about".

I doubt any American has bothered to think about Canada more than that. Why should they, it is a harmless little border country.

Maybe there is a border rivalry, but the statement that Americans hate Canadians is absurd. I cannot remeber a single instance in my life in which someone has spoken poorly of Canadians, or more precisely, said anything about them at all.

Canadians are fine by me, I&#39;m sure they will all sleep easier tonight knowing that. :lol: :lol:

DivineBeingX
02-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@4 February 2004 - 02:44

I doubt any American has bothered to think about Canada more than that. Why should they, it is a harmless little border country.

Maybe there is a border rivalry, but the statement that Americans hate Canadians is absurd. I cannot remeber a single instance in my life in which someone has spoken poorly of Canadians, or more precisely, said anything about them at all.

Canadians are fine by me, I&#39;m sure they will all sleep easier tonight knowing that. :lol: :lol:
Do you live in America?

billyfridge
02-04-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@4 February 2004 - 02:44

Britain is cold and wet, very wet, Hobbes, although not as cold as Canada, oh and we play football. our Scottishmen say &#39;aboot&#39; instead of &#39;about&#39;
Canada is one of the few countries that has been successful since we gave them independance. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hobbes
02-04-2004, 02:54 AM
yes, I am American

bo_selecta
02-04-2004, 02:55 AM
Lol, Ireland for the Irish.
More like, Ireland for whoevers left after they finish blowin the crap outa each other again after UK decides they cant b arsed with their crap anymore.

Scots are British, if it wasnt for us joining there wouldnt be a Britain.
Scots are just patriotic, we like having our own stuff, we do practically everythin different up here compared to down south anyway.
As for flyin the St Georges cross, thets just you lot bein weird.
We have a Scottish identity, Englands went a bit...dunno, go beat up the skinhead nazis tho, probly their fault.

If someone from south of the Border does well, he&#39;s an "Englishman", if he does poorly hes "British"...anyone else noticed this?

Same as, if a scot does well there British, but if there crap there scottish.

A hella lot of the blame goes straight to the English media, i mean watch the footie during any competition and see how long, in any match England arent playing in, for the commentators to start going on about how England can still do it, even if they just got humped and are about to go out.
Think i remember they did it during a Scotland match once, totally ignored the match at hand and went on about England. Hmmm an yeez wonder why we get annoyed.
Lets get some scots commentators on durin an England game so they can ignore England and talk about Scotland, see where i&#39;m coming from.

And on the tuition fees (being a scots student myself) :P

Not really sure how it works but i dont really care cos im not paying lol.

I did hear that theyr gonna do the top-up fees down there and because it wont cover the costs still, it would be easier to justify taking more money out of the treasury, which means as money is being allocated from the BRITISH treasury, Scotland gets a big chunk of it :D

Scotland gets more money, but we dont pay for it.
Do you honestly beleive we&#39;re daft enough to turn that down lol
Oh well, payback for all the oil you lot got

Oh and iv been to Canada and the US, Canada&#39;s a lot nicer.
Had to stop maself laffin ma head off after they all talked like terence and philip off of south park tho.

Most Scots know that most of the North of England would much rather follow Edinburgh than London politically...we have much more in common with them than the Home Counties, inc our general outlook on life...

Dont know about that, im Glaswegian and even we dont want to follow Edinburgh :D

DivineBeingX
02-04-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@4 February 2004 - 02:54
yes, I am American
some Americans to actuallly hate Canadians

bo_selecta
02-04-2004, 02:58 AM
Damn i wrote a lot,

is that as in

"how long huv a got tae wait aboot tae a get a drink in this place"

What about other countries like...erm...OZ

nah just Canada it is :D

DivineBeingX
02-04-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by bo_selecta@4 February 2004 - 02:58
Damn i wrote a lot,

is that as in

"how long huv a got tae wait aboot tae a get a drink in this place"

What about other countries like...erm...OZ

nah just Canada it is :D
you are right,to tell you the truth i didnt read that long ass post but i scanned throught it a little.

bo_selecta
02-04-2004, 03:22 AM
Start goin on a bit wen am tired, or talkin bout dem dam english grrr lol

Anyway bedtime, but

Scotland great

Canada alright

England and US weird lookin from a scot (too many sober ppl :D )

Keikan
02-04-2004, 05:05 AM

they do?

NikkiD
02-04-2004, 05:24 AM
Actually I&#39;ve been told I say "aboat" instead of "aboot" or even "about". Well Jonno thinks so anyway, judge for yourself. (http://nikki.wgs.ca/about001.mp3) (Yes, this was debated before.)

Truly, I&#39;ve never had a problem with my American neighbours, nor have I ever noticed them to have issue with me. I visit the US quite frequently, at least a dozen or so times a year, and everyone is quite friendly with me even after they discover my country of origin. Sometimes even more so. And conversely, when I meet someone from the States here, I greet them with as much enthusiasm as I would one of my own countrymen.

Point being, as hobbes said, I don&#39;t think we really sit here pondering our opinions of Americans on a daily basis, or worry what Americans are thinking of us.

4th gen
02-04-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@4 February 2004 - 04:24
Actually I&#39;ve been told I say "aboat" instead of "aboot" or even "about". Well Jonno thinks so anyway, judge for yourself. (http://nikki.wgs.ca/about001.mp3) (Yes, this was debated before.)
After listening to this clip, I&#39;m beginning to question your sanity... :blink:

:)

NikkiD
02-04-2004, 05:38 AM
LMAO - that was after days of being teased by Jonno that I say aboat, and having him repeated spell the word that way in his posts. Just simple frustration. :lol:

Keikan
02-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Gee NikkiD you kinda sound like the news woman on my local station :01: