PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Downloaded Game...

Terrandus
03-03-2003, 04:58 PM
first of all, I want to say this post has nothing to do with violatiing copyright laws....

on to my problem: I preorded a copy of Warcraft III before It came out, I got the game, installed it and found myself unistalling later. It crashed all the time. Well, I recently went to pull it out and try the game again and the CD is damaged. I downloaded a file off of Kazaa called 'Blizzard - 1 - warcraft iii - enjoy! - Warcraft 3.exe' I went to run the exe file (thinking that maybe its a self-extracting file...) and I got an error message saying "not enough memory..." I'm hoping I was doing something wrong. Anyone know how to install downloaded games?

Before any mentions it, I know that I can send my damaged CD back to blizzard and for 5$ they'll send my another copy of the CD.... the thing is, blizzard is in California and I'm in North Carolina and I really don't want to have to wait a month to get it.

My other question is... is there a way that I can get Kazaa to seach for ISO files?

GeirFugl
03-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Go to www.verifieddownloads.com, and see if you can find it on their list....

MagicNakor
03-03-2003, 10:45 PM
You can't search for ISO files with Kazaa. However, eMule (and its derivatives) is an excellent place to find ISO files for games. Sharereactor (http://www.sharereactor.com) has a large collection of verified hashes.

Terrandus
03-04-2003, 12:59 AM
thanks, a bunch.

imported_Sly_Cooper
03-30-2003, 02:45 AM
Excuse me, what are ISO´s for?

MagicNakor
03-30-2003, 11:40 AM
They're disc images of a cd-rom. What it means is you get the full game and not a rip. Plus they're easy to burn. :)

:ninja: