PDA

View Full Version : Sending And Receiving Messages

dark knight
02-02-2004, 06:17 AM
When you have nothing better to do other than send messages to people who you are downloading from or uploading from you know what i am talking about? Anyways so here i am msging this person,who was uploading, and suddenly when i sent them a msg a dialog box appeared and it said:
"Message Cannot be delivered
The message cannot be delivered to <insertname>@kazaa. It might be and so on and so forth"
Why the hell did that happen? I mean i was talking with the person just a minute ago.

MUSLEMAN
02-02-2004, 07:40 AM
they probebly cut you off or went off line.

and we don&#39;t normally message peole either boss :lol: :lol:

Cyril
02-02-2004, 09:58 AM
The only time I try and message people is when I am downloading a file and find it to be fake, just so they know. But seems like everyone has this turned pff these days.

MUSLEMAN
02-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Cyril@2 February 2004 - 05:58
The only time I try and message people is when I am downloading a file and find it to be fake, just so they know. But seems like everyone has this turned pff these days.
ya i get the same thing, i sometimes try to pm people to get klite also but again its a no go

dark knight
02-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@2 February 2004 - 07:40
and we don&#39;t normally message peole either boss :lol: :lol:
^^Well I am a sad man ;) That happened only once, sending and receiving messages i mean.

Anyways thanks for your comments but i noticed that when their upload speed decreased i wasnt able to send a message,i think the reason was that the connection was broken or some other high-tech mumbo jumbo happened. Isnt the &#39;default&#39; option for messages(when you first download and install K Lite) set at &#39;ignore&#39;?

Once again i appreciate the help.

Switeck
02-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by dark knight@2 February 2004 - 01:17
Anyways so here i am msging this person,who was uploading, and suddenly when i sent them a msg a dialog box appeared and it said:
"Message Cannot be delivered
The message cannot be delivered to <insertname>@kazaa. It might be and so on and so forth"
Why the hell did that happen? I mean i was talking with the person just a minute ago.
Either you or the other end is FIREWALLED and the ip PUSH route was lost. A push route is the chain of ip connections you have to &#39;hop&#39; through to connect to them.

A firewall BLOCKS ALL incoming connections unless otherwise specified -- which kinda defeats most file-sharing&#33; So if you don&#39;t configure it to allow KL++ access both ways, you&#39;re firewalled. However, even firewalled you can connect TO people if you initiate/start the connection. They just can&#39;t reconnect to you if the connection is broken. (2 firewalled users can&#39;t connect at all because they won&#39;t accept any new connections TO them.)

The reason why the upload is ok is because its connection is constant and not reestablished. However, once a file chunk is finished (typically 8 MB in size or smaller) the upload will lose connection and probably be unable to reconnect again.

Roughly 60-90% of the entire Kazaa/KL++ network is firewalled. If you are firewalled yourself that means you can only download off the remaining 10-40%&#33;