PDA

View Full Version : Is Everything On Kl Fake?

pop0331
02-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Overnight I downloaded around 10 movies! Every single one of them fake! Every single one, the whole 1:02:28 timeframe, but the times that's listed on them when I went to download them in the first place was mislabled. Is there any way or program that can tell you beforehand if a file is fake or corrupted before you download the friggin thing?

Skillian
02-03-2004, 08:14 PM
The FAQ and search button will help you a lot here.

Avi Preview and using the verifieds will help the problem.

ultimatejester
02-03-2004, 08:52 PM
thts y there is ed2k

h1
02-03-2004, 09:08 PM
If you're using Kazaa, just let people upload off you. There are much better alternatives for downloading.

Xero Grid
02-04-2004, 07:02 AM
Is Everything On Kl Fake?

Just about... yeah.

Use BitTorrent, buddy. People who share one KaZaa get their REAL files from BT. Check out that section of the forum.

-- Xero Grid --

Switeck
02-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Make sure you have block RIAA ip addresses turned on in KL++ AND keep that list up-to-date.

It will VASTLY reduce the number of fakes you see in searches.

bc_lady
02-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Make sure you have block RIAA ip addresses turned on in KL++ AND keep that list up-to-date

What is RIAA and How would I do that, please advise.

Switeck
02-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by bc_lady@5 February 2004 - 19:01
What is RIAA and How would I do that, please advise.
RIAA is the Recording Industry Association of America.
Kazaa Lite K++ has an option in it to block RIAA ip addresses. Turn that on.
To update it, you need to either run the automatic updater or paste new ip entries into it manually.

The IP ranges can be MANUALLY updated to the blocklist file ( BannedIpRanges.txt ) by opening BannedIpRanges.txt in Wordpad or M$ WORD and copying and pasting new entries in.

New entries can be gotten from Peer Guardian's website. Use the Guarding.p2p file as the pure text one sometimes truncates entries. Just open the guarding.p2p like it is a pure text file in WordPad (because it IS a pure text file!)

Ahmad92
02-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Good day pop0331 :),
Yes, you can.
If the file is "rar, zip or iso", you can check if it fake or not by downloading at least one or two MB than turnoff kazaa and change the file extension from "dat" to "rar" (you most install winrar 3.00 or above), than you can see the name of the files inside the compressed file, and do not forget to change the file extension again to "dat" to complete the download.

If you are downloading a movie you can check it by using "avipreview" or "media classic player", but I have a problem with the first one, it does play the DiVx files after installing 5.1.1 Pro codec, but it is work on version 5.0.5 very nice.

avipreview support "mpg, mpeg, avi(DiVx) and avi(uncompressed form)" only.

media classic player support all media files, but some codec is required.

To download winrar click here. (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar330.exe)

To download the codec package. (http://mxp2.free.fr/P2P/klcodec220f.exe)

To find a link for media classic player search here please for this file. (http://www.filemirrors.com)

mpc2kxp6476.zip

Good luck pop0331 :).

:music1: Ahmad92 :music1:.

Java Boy
02-06-2004, 09:33 AM
The only thing "REAL" on kazaa is the false files, the screechy mp3's and the viruses..
Oh and before I forget, the RIAA :lol: :lol: :lol:

junkyardking
02-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pop0331@3 February 2004 - 20:09
Is there any way or program that can tell you beforehand if a file is fake or corrupted before you download the friggin thing?
bittorent, overnet, irc, newsgroups..... :D

chev24grd
02-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking+6 February 2004 - 10:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 6 February 2004 - 10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pop0331@3 February 2004 - 20:09
Is there any way or program that can tell you beforehand if a file is fake or corrupted before you download the friggin thing?
bittorent, overnet, irc, newsgroups..... :D [/b][/quote]
I gotta agree. I am a member of Phoenix ( http://www.phoenix-torrents.com/index.php?act=idx ). {And no, I am not trying to advertise}. Bittorent is the way to go. I NEVER get a fake file. Thats right folks. NEVER. I rarely ever use Kazaa any more. It saddens me that it has to be this way because I really loved Kazaa Lite, but I got tired of wasting my time trying to find an uncorrupted file. Still love this forum too. Lots of great people and lots of free help.

4th gen
02-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by chev24grd@6 February 2004 - 17:50
Bittorent is the way to go
If you aren&#39;t bothered about the security issues then I suppose you&#39;re right ;)

~FunK_mOb~
02-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Ofcourse a lot of files on k-lite are fake but if you&#39;re smart enough to use verified downloads you don&#39;t have to worry about that.You can find a whole lot of verifieds here on this board and there are also a lot of sites that have them too.
And in my experience,verified downloads always have plenty of sources available so it won&#39;t take long for them to start downloading.

The only onther p2p software I advise to use is Soulseek if you want to download music.You can find everything on there,and you don&#39;t have to worry about fake or messed up files.For everything else k-lite is still good enough to get you what you&#39;re looking for.It&#39;s also the most userfriendly p2pclient I&#39;ve seen so far.

And people should stop whining about k-lite dying because it&#39;s not so&#33;
But if everybody keeps saying it is,ofcourse it will have an effect on that.
It would be better to promote k-lite and the verified section instead of burning it down to the ground.

SOLIDSNAKEV1
02-06-2004, 08:39 PM
wouldnt using sig2dat guarentee you getting a REAL download file? :unsure:

chev24grd
02-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@6 February 2004 - 20:07
Ofcourse a lot of files on k-lite are fake but if you&#39;re smart enough to use verified downloads you don&#39;t have to worry about that.You can find a whole lot of verifieds here on this board and there are also a lot of sites that have them too.
And in my experience,verified downloads always have plenty of sources available so it won&#39;t take long for them to start downloading.

The only onther p2p software I advise to use is Soulseek if you want to download music.You can find everything on there,and you don&#39;t have to worry about fake or messed up files.For everything else k-lite is still good enough to get you what you&#39;re looking for.It&#39;s also the most userfriendly p2pclient I&#39;ve seen so far.

And people should stop whining about k-lite dying because it&#39;s not so&#33;
But if everybody keeps saying it is,ofcourse it will have an effect on that.
It would be better to promote k-lite and the verified section instead of burning it down to the ground.
;) I appreciate your comments. I have been away from this board for a while and need to get caught up on what has been going on. There does seem to be a lot of new things. I did not mean to come off as a know it all, because God knows I am not. :lol: Just expressing my opinion. I will look into the verrifieds. The last time I was here they were removed and it was no longer an option. Thanks for the tip. I am all for good downloads and sharing them. After all, thats what it is all about. :D
Thumbs up for Soulseek.
As far as the promotion of the site and the ver. section, I can do my part to help. I would love to see this board become the sharing giant that it can be. I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

Canti
02-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Bittorrent is fine if you are searching for a file that is currently popular, but if a lot of people aren&#39;t downloading what you want then you are out of luck. I like to DL a lot of progressive house, and stuff like Hybrid, all the really ass shakin groove stuff. Problem is, its not a mainstream kinda music, and even on klite sometime I get very few hits on something I look for. The bonus is that id say out of a thousand downloads, ive gotten one screech file. So which is better? You can&#39;t really compare, you just go with what works in any given situation.

If anyone, however knows of a really good network specializing in underground dance music and awesome grooves, then please let me know.

chev24grd
02-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Canti@6 February 2004 - 23:43
Bittorrent is fine if you are searching for a file that is currently popular, but if a lot of people aren&#39;t downloading what you want then you are out of luck.
True in a lot of communities, but if you get your self into a good one, people are willing to repost things for you. Of course thats if they have it. You have a valid point.

4th gen
02-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Canti@6 February 2004 - 21:43
If anyone, however knows of a really good network specializing in underground dance music and awesome grooves, then please let me know.
Soulseek :)

junkyardking
02-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by SOLIDSNAKEV1@6 February 2004 - 20:39
wouldnt using sig2dat guarentee you getting a REAL download file?&nbsp; :unsure:
No because it only hashes a small portion of a file, it&#39;s practily useless for error correction, there been alot of reports that some sig2dat links usally mp3&#39;s got corrupted on purpose, this was done with ease because the hashing was inadaquate.

That&#39;s why other protacols such as ed2k and bittorent use sha1 hashing which hashes the whole file making the file nearly uncorruptable as it spreads over the network...

chev24grd
02-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking+7 February 2004 - 01:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 7 February 2004 - 01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SOLIDSNAKEV1@6 February 2004 - 20:39
wouldnt using sig2dat guarentee you getting a REAL download file? :unsure:
No because it only hashes a small portion of a file, it&#39;s practily useless for error correction, there been alot of reports that some sig2dat links usally mp3&#39;s got corrupted on purpose, this was done with ease because the hashing was inadaquate.

That&#39;s why other protacols such as ed2k and bittorent use sha1 hashing which hashes the whole file making the file nearly uncorruptable as it spreads over the network... [/b][/quote]
So, are you saying that bt and ed2k are better than the verifides or just the search files on KaZaa Lite? Not being smart, I really do want to know your opinion. I really like bt. :smilie4:

junkyardking
02-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by chev24grd@7 February 2004 - 00:31

So, are you saying that bt and ed2k are better than the verifides or just the search files on KaZaa Lite? Not being smart, I really do want to know your opinion. I really like bt. :smilie4:
Yep you will get fakes/renamed files with all p2p programs but you can get ed2k verifieds from sites like http://ww.sharereactor.com and http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=86867, i find overnet lite the best ed2k client http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=91053

The integratdy of files on networks and things such as bittorent that use sha1 hashing tends to far higher. :D