PDA

View Full Version : Counting Posts...

MagicNakor
03-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Why not count the posts made in the new forum rooms? Since it seems that most of the posts will now be delegated to their specific rooms, a lot of help and the like will be offered in them as well. Sure..there's off-topic (spam) posts, but there always was before. :lol:

:ninja:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 01:30 AM
Posts in the hashes count.
Discussions don't. :o
I like the way it is, won't be so many gods or post-whores running around :lol:

Nobody1234
03-04-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@3 March 2003 - 20:30
Posts in the hashes count.
Discussions don't. :o
I like the way it is, won't be so many gods or post-whores running around :lol:
So when someone goes and helps someone there it doesn't count?

That dosen't seem right to me.

I think they should count.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 01:41 AM
Sometimes, though, there are just questions asking which is the best so and so or which do you prefer kind of things. Maybe it should be split into more. Like the discussions lounge area and the discussions problem area.

Jibbler
03-04-2003, 01:53 AM
Every post should count because each post is a unique contribution to this board. However, word of mouth will determine who is full of sh*t and who is not. :o :huh: --

Jibbler

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 01:56 AM
No Mod is on right now so no opinion from them for a bit...

But looking through the discussions right now... it should count as there are alot of constructive posts there.

kAb
03-04-2003, 02:28 AM
i can understand the lounge and funny section for not counting posts... but the new forums are related to kazaa lite...

not that i really care that much since i just try to post helpful stuff unlike wocus :rolleyes:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 02:33 AM
Wocus ::sigh:: :alien:
The new forums were for discussions (not talking about the sig2dat part of it) and then turned into a sort of problem area. So either make another area for problems, change it so posts there count or disregard it. :geek:

MagicNakor
03-04-2003, 03:33 AM
Well, it turned into the problem-solving area because the mods moved the topics from General Help and other boards into the specific world that related to the problem/question.

I still think they should count. ;)

Edited to add: And really, if someone wanted to be a postwhore, they'd just never leave the website/kazaalite related forums. o:)

DataMore
03-04-2003, 03:43 AM
I agree.
Posts in the worlds should count.
If someone wants to spam I don't think they'll be worried if it will count for their posts or not.
A lot of help is being given to people in the worlds and I think that should be rewarded.

:D I sense a poll coming up! :D

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 03:57 AM
Look at my profile. I have a huge amount of posts in the lounge that never count. It's no biggie but a lot of those are so called "quality" posts. I have always thought they should count.

Nothing to really complain about of course, but since it was brought up....

-SJ™

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 04:05 AM
SuperJude™, don't tell me your currently writing a speech about this topic?!?!?!?! :o
lol, jk jk

After hearing your opinions, I now think it should count, but whether it counts or not, oh well. ;) Rewards are still good though.

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 04:10 AM
Yeah of course the quality of your posts always counts, but board members know who is good and who isn't, you can't hide that.

No need for any "lengthy discussion" on this one.

Heh. Simple enough Q&A.

-SJ™

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 04:11 AM
yay,
We Love You SuperJude™!!! lol :lol:
I guess we can define who is who. But its still my goal to become a post-whore and higher without spamming! :w00t:

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 04:19 AM
I'll say this about you. You post a lot, always top 5 every day, but you really strive to post good content.

-SJ™

NikkiD
03-04-2003, 04:24 AM
You guys bring up some valid points. The one and only point I have to counter is that making posts in the "worlds" count will create one more place where spamming will occur. I think it's something that should be discussed. Just a note though guys, you worry too much about your post count!! I mean is are those little gold stars a phallic thing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
For me it isn't about stars. I'll get mine one way or another, since i spend enough time on k-lite and here. It's just that, for me, I do post a lot in one forum and I have always thought those should count.

-SJ™

El_Jefe
03-04-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@4 March 2003 - 13:24
I mean is are those little gold stars a phallic thing?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Of course they are. :D

You don't think I'd have agreed to moderate if there wasn't some sort of better phallic representation involved, do you? :lol:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 04:37 AM
Think about it; you Mods get those cool blue stars and Jon the platinum, so we have to make do with more gold. :rolleyes: :ph34r:

gumbydancin
03-04-2003, 04:45 AM
I agree the new system seems flawed. I think over time, you will see more spam in the hash sections done by those who wish to increase their post count. That is the LAST place I want to see spam. At the same time people taking the time to answer questions and offer help in the worlds won't be getting any recognition for it. The stars don't mean everything, especially with all the spamming these days, but I think with this system they will ultimately mean even less.

edit: omitted a word

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 04:47 AM
Yse, true true, but we being veterans in a way, can tell the difference between spammer and helper and soon the newbies will tell the difference after seeing their actions. But I still like havnig more gold stars. :D

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 04:49 AM
Here is me:

http://webdesignerscentral.com/SUPERJUDE/posts.JPG

I'm not a spammer and that is a lot of posts to not count.

-SJ™

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 04:54 AM
I'm not a spammer either...
Even though I have alotta posts...
I post mostly in the q's section though... ;)

The Great Dude
03-04-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@3 March 2003 - 20:47
Yse, true true, but we being veterans in a way, can tell the difference between spammer and helper and soon the newbies will tell the difference after seeing their actions. But I still like havnig more gold stars. :D
More stars? Everyone is getting alittle greedy now. :P

kAb
03-04-2003, 05:01 AM
i joined in December and only started really started in January. i guess i don't post that much, which can be a good thing? ;)

i felt stupid only coming to the forum for verifieds so i decided to start contributing to the forum. now i am a happy member who tries to only post helpful stuff :)

but your post count can be a basis for your contribution status (besides wocus), and helping people solve problems in the movie/hardware/etc. section should be counted :mellow:

The Great Dude
03-04-2003, 05:03 AM
Cmon, there's more places to help out you know. :lol: Besides isn't it all about the feeling, not the reward? :-) :P

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 05:05 AM
I like the feeling. Helping out anonymous people but the only thing you get to know of them is their personality... sometimes with a couple pics here and there :lol:

My reward is using KL and having more gold stars!

El_Jefe
03-04-2003, 05:06 AM
The original reasoning behind not counting posts in certain areas, is that some of the members got upset about people accumulating posts through primarily off-topic areas. The rational behind it is that those that do this don't really help or contibute to the purpose of the board. Or at the very least, they contribute less than those that post primarily in the support and development areas.

I never really agreed with this, as anybody can look and find that most of my posts (almost 30% are in the lounge), but for the most part I don't care. As it's been said, your post count doesn't have anything to do with quality of the content of your posts, or the integrity of your character. You receive no special privileges other than additional stars and different titles. It's not the primary means by which you're judged by others. So what's the point? I'd actually like to get rid of them all together, but I know that I'm in a minority when it comes to that.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-04-2003, 05:13 AM
:ph34r: Whoa, you really slapped me back into reality with that one El_Jefe. :o
The stars and such add to the overall look and feel to the forum... the longer and more stars or different title usually means, "wow dedicated" (and i mean usually). but the forum is great the way it is.

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 05:23 AM
I know it means mod work, but really any spamming can be curbed, even if posts are being counted in the lounge or not.

I mean Neo would have gotten to where he is no matter what forum you counted.

Then again, maybe you count posts in that section and assign a Lounge type mod to monitor only that area?

:ph34r:

0_o

-SJ™

shenlong_wc
03-04-2003, 06:49 AM
i think my post counter is spoiled ...
seemes jammed

do i have to grease it ?

jetje
03-04-2003, 07:45 AM
I totally agree with EJ. Everytime i see this kinda topics pop up i wonder myself what is the importance of these stars.
The only reason for the way the new rooms work now was to control spamming and help the rooms to stay clean and helpfull. It seems just a good idea.

But it's like traffic jam control, you never get a grip on the reason why, and certainly not on where.

2 options:
we get rid of the stars....
we raise level to promote to the next level
newbie 1-500 next level 500-1000 next 1000-1500 etc so you have to nee serious spamming skills to promote to the next category. B)
If you get caught spamming you lose 500 posts :rolleyes: :lol:

Can someone please explain me what the importance of the post count is, i really don't get it. :blink:

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Ideally, post count shows that you put effort into a site, and new members often look to those with high post count not only for Q&A about the technical stuff, but often about the board and board politics.

-SJ™

N£MO
03-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Yes thats very true as i have had 3 emails from new members in the past week asking me questions and advice about the board.I dont mind as i would help anyone who asks properly.....

jetje
03-04-2003, 08:15 AM
So that&#39;s why they all adore NeoShoyru <_< I didn&#39;t get that.

No just kiddin SJ, your probably right &#39;bout the newbies. But we all know it doesn&#39;t work like that.
How much you try to control it the real postcounthunter (spammer) finds his way.

btw personally i think the real spamming is pretty much limited know, thnx to you all. (Except our friend Wocus ofcourse :D)
Maybe we should have problem rooms in the worlds. And let postcount work in there. The general rooms are pretty much ment as "lounge" kinda rooms on those subjects. But creating more rooms ain&#39;t the real solution to i&#39;m afraid.

Chilly
03-04-2003, 08:17 AM
I get so fed up with hearing this subject about posts (No Offence MagicNakor), what is the big deal if your

a Noob or a God it does&#39;nt matter who gives a to&#036;&#036; how many posts i have or you have, it seems to be a

contest for some people who can get to the top the fastest, like a struggle for power or World Domination.

Some people Post a :D just to get that one more post why?

There are alot of useless posts on the forum that help no one, yes theres having a laugh and joke but

sometimes just think is :D <_< that a good answer, will that help him or her out. ;)

MagicNakor
03-04-2003, 08:26 AM
Yes...that is known as "spamming." ;)

I was referring to all the helping/problem-solving that goes on in the world rooms. It&#39;s just a fact of human nature that people like to be recognized for what they do, so even if people don&#39;t admit it, the post count is that recognition for helping someone in dire straits. Even if it is just a number on a board. :lol:

Edit: typo.

Chilly
03-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Yes i know its called SPAMMING :P :P

Referring to the Helping/Problem-Solving, there are a few people in this forum that would go out there way

to help other people solve there problems searching the net for just that little bit of info that may help.

Some users have been here ages and dont have alot of posts yet they have help solve alot of problems.

Others have been here 5 minutes helped no one and got 1500 posts and there a God? (Yeah ok) <_<

I think the next time log in i might change my Nickname to Global Moderater GOD :lol: :lol: and have a Gold star spinning in my Avatar, what do you reackon? :lol: :lol: :P

100%
03-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Frankly - Id be embarrased to have a 10000 points to my name
On the other hand
Having 10000 points and a few http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/pip.gif&#39;s,
makes you feel you haven&#39;t wasted your time.

If only it was possible to cash in the http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/pip.gif&#39;s for Cash.

Im definetly Pro points in the Software section - where people need help and get it.

Ron
03-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jetje@4 March 2003 - 09:15
How much you try to control it the real postcounthunter (spammer) finds his way.

I love that word. :D
Couldn&#39;t you make that a new status?
Somewhere between a God and a post whore?

NikkiD
03-04-2003, 04:01 PM
"postcounthunter" - I love it jetje. Not neccessarily a spammer - could be useful information... I think this would describe Shinigami well (to name just one) - he posts a lot of helpful information, very little of which could be considered spam, but is still in pursuit of that almighty post count.

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Spammers are in the minority here. People who have ridiculous post counts in Lounge without getting credit for them are the majority.

Again- I will get my "stars" no matter what, it isn&#39;t about that. It&#39;s about people knowing who posts, and me knowing that it counts, cause honestly guys? After seeing I had so many posts in Lounge and having no credit for them, I really don&#39;t want to post in Lounge all that much right now.

Maybe that was the idea, but all areas of this board are a part of the community.

-SJ™

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Well like I said, I would get my stars no matter what. I should now have my 5 stars and Board God status.

But if you add my other 291 posts, suddenly that 500 jumps to 791, and most of which were quality posts, therefore I think they should count.

:)

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Woooo Hooooo&#33;

I made it btw, the hard way too.

-SJ™

stoi
03-04-2003, 06:35 PM
congrats SJ, we both got a new star within a few minutes of each other, just another 6 months to go for my next one if i go the same rate, to catch up to you. :D

tilen76
03-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Congratulations&#33;

The SuperJude God.

Is this why you were so active in this thread? <_<

SuperJude™
03-04-2003, 06:47 PM
In this thread not really. I truly think my posts should count. I get active in spurts, in case nobody noticed that, though the lure of that extra star and Board God status could have been enticing I suppose.

Cheers stoi&#33;

-SJ™

3RA1N1AC
03-04-2003, 06:59 PM
eh... i usually think it&#39;d be better if forums didn&#39;t keep post counts & assign titles to members, at all. way too many boards are full of spammers and people who are egomaniacs about their titles.

luckily, i haven&#39;t really seen that kind of immaturity on the K-Lite board, at all. maybe i&#39;ve been looking at the wrong sections of the board, tho. :lol:

Jibbler
03-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Posts from any area should count. Each post represents a unique contribution to these boards. The new categories are getting lots of use, and it would be pointless to ignore that conversation. I&#39;m actually a bit offended that I&#39;ve offered to help in those forums, only to find that my posts are not worthy of being counted. :angry: :angry: :angry: --

Jibbler

SolidWing68
03-04-2003, 07:20 PM
I dont know if this a problem on the websites part, but I made about 4 replies today to topics in the lounge forum and my post count still remained the same, why?

Bender
03-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Posts only count outside the off-topic and worlds area.

edit: this is to prevent people from &#39;postwhoring&#39; to gain more points.

Ron
03-04-2003, 07:28 PM
It&#39;s been renamed to "postcounthunting" now Bender. :)

SolidWing68
03-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Oh so if I were to make replies in say the lounge area like I was, that wouldnt count..

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by SolidWing68@4 March 2003 - 14:45
Oh so if I were to make replies in say the lounge area like I was, that wouldnt count..
:D YEP :D

Ron
03-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Hmmm, maybe we should have a pinned in the lounge about this.
It keeps coming back every other day or so........

Benno
03-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ron@4 March 2003 - 20:48
I think its coming back about twice every day. :ph34r:

Curley
03-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ron@4 March 2003 - 19:48
Have to agree with that, it is getting rather annoying reading the same things all the time.

Yet I remember asking the same thing........ :rolleyes:

stoi
03-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Ok just had an idea, been up for over 24 hrs now though so might be a load of pish :lol:

Ok why not just make 3 rooms in the General problems and questions thread, Software, Hardware, and Other.

you could make the posts in here count and the world rooms could just be for new releases and stuff like that.

I think this would solve the problem and the debate we seem to be having and everyone will be happy.

If this is a good or bad idea please post below as i would like to know ppls views on this, or maybe we could have a poll :D to see what other members think.

stoi

TClite
03-05-2003, 01:05 AM
well, I think this would be a good idea, since people who post in the world sections..particularly those needing help have less chance of actually getting any...for some people their incentive behind a post is the extra toll on their count, or a new star...why should they post their help in the world section...even if it is a genuine enough problem when their efforts are unrewarded, this board mod would ensure good helpers are rewarded....

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-05-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by stoi@4 March 2003 - 17:00
Ok just had an idea, been up for over 24 hrs now though so might be a load of pish :lol:

Ok why not just make 3 rooms in the General problems and questions thread, Software, Hardware, and Other.

you could make the posts in here count and the world rooms could just be for new releases and stuff like that.

I think this would solve the problem and the debate we seem to be having and everyone will be happy.

If this is a good or bad idea please post below as i would like to know ppls views on this, or maybe we could have a poll :D to see what other members think.

stoi
That would be alot more moving and work for the Mods... wonder what they really think...

TClite
03-05-2003, 01:14 AM
That would be alot more moving and work for the Mods... wonder what they really think...

its a thought provoker put forward by us, who have been here for a while now....so hopefully they will take on board some of these suggestions

stoi
03-05-2003, 01:16 AM
Ok, i didnt mean move all the problem ones that are in the worlds now to the new rooms, just start from scratch with 3 new rooms with nothing in that cant be to hard can it.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Starting from scratch is easy but now people are getting use to using the discussions since the General Prob.&#39;s and Q&#39;s are reply only now. But, it&#39;s their choice.

stoi
03-05-2003, 01:24 AM
the boards only been back up a week, im sure most ppl still wish you could post in the GP&Q thread and not just reply to it. i know i havnt got used to it yet.

TClite
03-05-2003, 01:26 AM
admitedly i did find this odd at first, i since mostly overlook this section, where as before it was one of my most posted in, and liked to add a question or two...

MagicNakor
03-05-2003, 02:06 AM
That&#39;s the problem though. The original "problem" sections have all been made into reply only, and the mods are taking threads and moving them into the worlds.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-05-2003, 02:10 AM
Only "General Problems and Questions" have been moved since they&#39;re unrelated to Kazaa Lite so of course it would be moved to the different worlds.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 02:11 AM
What has happened the past week?So much talk about post count and what not.Have noticed so much debating going on that was never allowed before.:-"

I have even asked MODs to move topics into off topic spots lately so my post will not count if I decide to debate.Just as I am getting my post under control and been taking my medication people start becoming whores around here.....just great&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have an idea.....

POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

There they will move it now that ole FC has started posting here.....we can&#39;t have that. :P :P :P

RPerry
03-05-2003, 02:14 AM
you think they move them just because of you? oh, wait a minute.... are you the reason my soulseek question got moved to Musicworld??? :P :P

btw... FC your face is missing from your sig. :D

The Great Dude
03-05-2003, 02:18 AM
He probably reached the daily bandwidth of village photos. :lol:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Yep, he probably did :lol: I right-clicked that sucker and followed the URL and nothin.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 02:26 AM
:devil: Yeah.....village photos suck. :devil:

RPerry
03-05-2003, 02:28 AM
well, since we&#39;re on the subject, why is only one pic gone and not the rest since they are hosted at the same place?

The Great Dude
03-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Does everyone want the title Post Whore now? :P What about PicStore FC? You have it for your other picture.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-05-2003, 02:31 AM
:lol: I wanna become one. I use AOL for hosting my pics :D You may not like it, but it hasn&#39;t failed yet... :P :sorcerer:

RPerry
03-05-2003, 02:37 AM
oops, for some reason I kept thinking of Picstore and Village photos as being the same :(

jetje
03-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Would everybody feel better if :

A ) all posts (wherever they got posted) counts...
B ) just get rid of the postcountsystem
C ) .........

regarding A ) in about a week we will have only gods, no need for the postcount no more...
regarding B ) no need for this debate
regarding C ) .......................

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by jetje@5 March 2003 - 06:33
Would everybody feel better if :

A ) all posts (wherever they got posted) counts...
B ) just get rid of the postcountsystem
C ) .........

regarding A ) in about a week we will have only gods, no need for the postcount no more...
regarding B ) no need for this debate
regarding C ) .......................
;) I would almost say get rid of the post count...but you know people would freak out. :-"

I say turn it off for a week.....lets see what happens. :w00t:

jetje
03-05-2003, 11:41 AM
I kinda expected that you would come in here , but you suprised me with the answer :devil: :pirate:
I expected you to ask for getting back the 3000 or so post you made in the funny Stuff section, that were taken away when we had the debate on postcount before. :lol: :w00t: :w00t:

It seems like ages ago... :rolleyes:

J'Pol
03-05-2003, 11:44 AM
You can&#39;t take the post count away. What would folk like wocus say. "That&#39;s unfair, I&#39;ve spent a whole two days getting my status here" Just not on JJ, not one of your good ideas. Think it through next time.

jetje
03-05-2003, 11:50 AM
I thought i gave multiple options... :lol:
Really it doesn&#39;t matter to me,
the only thing i like is the way we have the rooms now, personally i like the worlds a lot
So if we can make them better by giving credit evereywhere, or lose credit everywhere....

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by jetje@5 March 2003 - 06:50
the only thing i like is the way we have the rooms now, personally i like the worlds a lot

:D Yeah the Worlds kick ass.....I like how you guys called them Worlds and not just another room.Does not bother me the topics not counting in the discussions.But whatever you guys choose is fine. :D

:beerchug: LONG LIVE MUSICWORLD&#33;&#33;&#33; :beerchug:

Chilly
03-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Posts have never really bothered me tell you the truth but for some people its like a race, who can be a God first. <_<

I think if you put posts count in all room&#39;s your gonna get people posting just like one film, where at the moment they tend to post between 10 and 20 film hashes.

Plus that fact you will end up with people posting duplicate verifield&#39;s that have already an open thread, then you would get "Sorry i did&#39;nt no" (Debate Started). :lol:

Or on the other hand if posts counted in the Lounge everyone would &#036;pam the crap out of it not even bother to open up new threads, just change topic. :blink:

Worst of all nobody would help out with the problems and queries within different area&#39;s of the Board. :o

J'Pol
03-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Chilly@5 March 2003 - 13:14
its like a race, who can be a God first. <_<

Worst of all nobody would help out with the problems and queries within different area&#39;s of the Board.
It&#39;s not a race to deity for me. When will this ever end.

In my opinion, those who are actually helpfull will continue to be so. Just because they enjoy the feeling of helping another.

CornerPocket
03-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JmiF@5 March 2003 - 08:23
In my opinion, those who are actually helpfull will continue to be so. Just because they enjoy the feeling of helping another.
Excellent answer. How can we make everyone see the light JmiF is in B)

Leech_Killer
03-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Personally I like to see my posts count going up. Since the changes to the board have meant that certain rooms don&#39;t count I&#39;ve found that I don&#39;t tend to bother going in them much, with the exception of the Lounge and Funny section.

Having read all the way through this thread I&#39;ve noticed that the members which are Gods or higher seem quite happy with how it&#39;s now set-up, just feels that since they&#39;ve made it they&#39;re only to happy to prevent others catching them up.

It&#39;s also been mentioned about ppl spamming to increase their posts, why don&#39;t the Mods just warn them and if they persist the Mods could reset their post count to zero, a slap on the wrist if you like.

Lastly can anyone tell me what all the different titles are and how many posts are need for each one.

Ron
03-05-2003, 05:13 PM
How about :
C) Postcount stays, but MODs decide who becomes a God, based on the merits of each individual member. Kinda like the Oscars. You get nominated, and the MODs decide to give you the stars, or not. :)

[B][O][T]
03-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Ron@5 March 2003 - 18:13
How about :
C) Postcount stays, but MODs decide who becomes a God, based on the merits of each individual member. Kinda like the Oscars. You get nominated, and the MODs decide to give you the stars, or not. :)
I dont thinks so mate....
That means They must have full control of every single members here, and I dont think that&#39;s possible.

BOT

Genius
03-05-2003, 05:28 PM
All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.

Chilly
03-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Ron@5 March 2003 - 17:13
How about :
Great idea ;)

:P I would vote for that, sounds like a good idea :P

imported_jamesandpie
03-05-2003, 05:35 PM
""All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.""

it depends on the number of posts you have made and the amount of time u have been a member. say you posted 3000 yet you only been a member for a week you would be a post-whore. u c?

Ron
03-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Genius@5 March 2003 - 18:28
All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.
Read this (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=18168)

J'Pol
03-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by jamesandpie@5 March 2003 - 18:35
""All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.""

it depends on the number of posts you have made and the amount of time u have been a member. say you posted 3000 yet you only been a member for a week you would be a post-whore. u c?
Good answer.

Total pi&#036;h, but a good answer anyway.

ShareDaddy
03-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Over the past 5 months or so this has been a continuing topic. First off FC never lost any posts (one point they were taken away, however same day were back), secondly as it is, is fine, but changing titles may be a thing to discuss. I mean as posts have increased we should have adapted the titles to match. Simply get to a God status and never being able to move from there is not good. Not that the status really matters, but it does lend credibility to one&#39;s posts, I mean I would take what a GOD states as factual with far more weight than what a newbie said. Not to say everything said by anyone can be GOSPEL, however you tend to judge a persons post and whether or not you will use their advice on their status, at least I do. I would say grandfather everyone now and make a new set of achievements to reach for varying status names.

0-99 Newbie

100-249 Member

250-499 Full Member

500-999 Senior Member

1000-1499 Board God

1500-1999 Full Board God

2000-2499 Senior Board God

2500-2999 Supreme Board God

3000 and up - Unemployed or Lifeless (just a joke to those who have passed this mark already)

Hopefully you see my point, changing the system to work with a much larger post count than originally thought possible. I mean we could still make changes to all, have everyone switch to what their totals say versus the list above, it would not matter in the long run. But changing the measurement criteria and naming standards would be a cool way to improve what we have, thus making it more usable.

Maybe even a simpler way, start making Board God Levels, I would be considered a Board God Level 1 or something and so on. I sort of like the thought mentioned in a previous post regarding the mods deciding, but then you can have favoritism and or unfair practices being shown. I think adding levels would be an easy and usable solution.

up to 1499 - Board God Level 1

1500-2000 - Board God Level 2

etc.

or

up to 1499 - Level 1 Board God

1500-1999 - Level 2 Board God

and so on.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 14:08

0-99 Newbie

100-249 Member

250-499 Full Member

500-999 Senior Member

1000-1499 Board God

1500-1999 Full Board God

3000 and up - Unemployed or Lifeless (just a joke to those who have passed this mark already)

*EDIT*Damn.....I screwed up my post by messing around with the qoute... :lol:

DataMore
03-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 19:08
:D Careful, you don&#39;t want to piss off Paul&#33; :D

Curley
03-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 19:08
First off FC never lost any posts (one point they were taken away, however same day were back), secondly as it is, is fine, but changing titles may be a thing to discuss.
LOL&#33;&#33; I wish a was around to see that&#33;

:P

ShareDaddy
03-05-2003, 09:24 PM
I was out of the loop shall we say for a little while and just noticed that posts are not counting in the worlds. I missed something somewhere I am sure. What the heck is going on? I spend most if not all of my time in the movie section, so I guess 1245 is where I will stay.

Edit: 1246 (I guess they count in here) :P

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 16:24
I was out of the loop shall we say for a little while and just noticed that posts are not counting in the worlds. I missed something somewhere I am sure. What the heck is going on? I spend most if not all of my time in the movie section, so I guess 1245 is where I will stay.
:) Post only count in the verifieds not in the discussions. :)

ooo
03-05-2003, 09:29 PM
lol i noticed that after a while... no it doesnt count in discussion and longue n funny stuff...

TRshady
03-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Chilly+5 March 2003 - 17:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chilly @ 5 March 2003 - 17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ron@5 March 2003 - 17:13
How about :
Great idea ;)

:P I would vote for that, sounds like a good idea :P [/b][/quote]
I agree to, the moderators should decide if you deserve to become a god because when I was a newbie I really looked up to them (how sad, lol) but its true. Or maybe have a poll to decide if that particular person should become god, :lol: I&#39;d love that, I&#39;d vote fairly mind......

ooo
03-05-2003, 09:33 PM
lolol... dont cheat now and get all your friends to sign up and vote for you lol&#33;

TRshady
03-05-2003, 09:35 PM
But then again, I&#39;d dont think they&#39;d be your friend for no reason. You would earn it, by being a good poster (if that makes sense).

BTW ....... stop following me :lol:

ShareDaddy
03-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+5 March 2003 - 16:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 5 March 2003 - 16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 16:24
:) Post only count in the verifieds not in the discussions. :) [/b][/quote]
Well that is good to know, most of mine are in the verifieds. I do like the movie world and all of the worlds, kind of cool.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy+5 March 2003 - 16:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareDaddy @ 5 March 2003 - 16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@5 March 2003 - 16:26
<!--QuoteBegin--ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 16:24
:) Post only count in the verifieds not in the discussions. :)
Well that is good to know, most of mine are in the verifieds. I do like the movie world and all of the worlds, kind of cool. [/b][/quote]
:D Yeah that is what a few of us kept pushing for and they finally gave in to us. :lol:

The MusicWorld is like a whole nother forum to me. :)

DataMore
03-05-2003, 09:50 PM
If you look at the total number of topics and replies of the worlds, you&#39;ll see that the Musicworld is in 4th place out of 5.

This is the current worlds rank:

1- Movieworld
2- Gamesworld
3- Softwareworld
4- Musicworld
5- Hardwareworld

:D You better worry up in making the Musicworld more popular, FC&#33; :D

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-05-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by DataMore@5 March 2003 - 16:50
If you look at the total number of topics and replies of the worlds, you&#39;ll see that the Musicworld is in 4th place out of 5.

This is the current worlds rank:

1- Movieworld
2- Gamesworld
3- Softwareworld
4- Musicworld
5- Hardwareworld

:D You better worry up in making the Musicworld more popular, FC&#33; :D
:devil: Ok.....send this topic to the lounge.....its on&#33;&#33;&#33; :devil:

:P :P :P :P :P

DataMore
03-05-2003, 09:56 PM
:huh: I don&#39;t know which world should I choose to fight for&#33; :huh:

TRshady
03-05-2003, 09:56 PM
The new worlds are cool but I think posts should count in hardware and software world because most of the posts are people who want help and if they did count it would encourage users to help them out, wouldn&#39;t it?

ooo
03-05-2003, 10:30 PM
lol..... yes this is becoming a longue topic.... i agree hardware and software should count.... most things in hardware are like computer problems...

J'Pol
03-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Soul814@5 March 2003 - 23:30
lol..... yes this is becoming a longue topic.... i agree hardware and software should count.... most things in hardware are like computer problems...
This is however the K-Lite forum. Hardware really is something of a side issue. As it does not really relate to K-Lite, Sharing or P2P. I can only assume that admin and the mods decided to include it because there were obviously people who didn&#39;t know their arse from their elbow. There were also experienced knowledgable people who could help them.

I am more than happy to help with any hardware issue I can. However it really is peripheral to the main point of the board. i.e. file sharing, particularly using K-Lite.

TClite
03-06-2003, 12:12 AM
jim, I disagree mate, I think the forum should not include only p2p and then hardware as an aside topic, although its what most of us originally came here for and what inspired us to find this site...after a couple of months you get to learn as much as you can do about p2p, and everything it has to offer...Ive read so much on this forum, and devoted alot to helping people with kazaa, but ultimately i think hardware and software problems are much more important.....

and if your prepared to help anybody, have a look at this, my on going problem with my modem, I have posted it in this forum several times.....here (http://www.dslnuts.com/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=1242)

The Great Dude
03-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Get rid of the post counts? Doesn&#39;t really matter, this place is still fun. :-) Then you&#39;ll see a wave of people asking why you took it out. :-"

J'Pol
03-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by TClite@6 March 2003 - 01:12
jim, I disagree mate, I think the forum should not include only p2p and then hardware as an aside topic, although its what most of us originally came here for and what inspired us to find this site...after a couple of months you get to learn as much as you can do about p2p, and everything it has to offer...Ive read so much on this forum, and devoted alot to helping people with kazaa, but ultimately i think hardware and software problems are much more important.....

and if your prepared to help anybody, have a look at this, my on going problem with my modem, I have posted it in this forum several times.....here (http://www.dslnuts.com/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=1242)
I unreservedly support your right to disagree with me, or anyone else. I can appreciate that the members of the forum evolve as a direct result of using it. If however you feel that the hardware area is more important then that is a matter for you. That&#39;s not what this forum is about. It is about file sharing, using K-lite. The dudes in charge have decided to allow other things. I agree with them, however I remain of the opinion that these are side issues.

You also mis-quoted me when you posted "and if your prepared to help anybody, " what I actually said was "I am more than happy to help with any hardware issue I can." I certainly didn&#39;t offer to provide answers to questions on other forums. I have at best a limited knowledge of how modulator / demodulators work.

Always good to discuss these things with a right thinking chap like yourself

Chilly
03-06-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by TClite@6 March 2003 - 00:12
and devoted alot to helping people with kazaa, but ultimately i think hardware and software problems are much more important.....

I would say just as important, and i agree to that.

If you have the knowledge that can help someone for what ever reason about KL or software hardware,

then put it to good use.

It would encourage more users to the forum. :)

Fatal Error
03-06-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@3 March 2003 - 20:56
No Mod is on right now so no opinion from them for a bit...

But looking through the discussions right now... it should count as there are alot of constructive posts there.
Geee... I dont post nowhere near what you guys do.. but I dont want to be stuck @94 posts 5years from now either &#33; I usually only post in the kazza "problem" areas. ;)

The Great Dude
03-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Well that fear is gone now, you have 95 posts. :P So is it all about fun and the feeling or posts and rewards. :-"

Fatal Error
03-06-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@5 March 2003 - 21:32
Well that fear is gone now, you have 95 posts.&nbsp; :P So is it all about fun and the feeling or posts and rewards. :-"
To tell you the truth, the post count really doesnt matter (to me).. I would do what I do anyway, because I enjoy the feeling I get, knowing that I helped someone. I have read the entire thread (up to this point) and agree that Hardware and Software issues are just as important and deserve recognition. I also believe that your post count lends a measure of credibility to your post, because it suggests to the reader that you have been active in the forums..and probably know what you&#39;re doing. I also see the other side here; the potential for abuse. I have no suggestion on how this should be sorted out. I also believe that every post is a contribution to our community. Thats all I have folks.

Nightwolf
03-08-2003, 04:08 AM
I haven&#39;t posted many hashes lately because while the Verified were down I became more involved with helping others with their computer problems. Now, consequently, I tend to post more in the &#39;Main&#39; sections than the &#39;Verifieds&#39;. I think most of my posts are helpful and relevent, at least to the people who posted their questions. However, my post count is now perpetually stuck at 158 and I will forever be viewed by others as simply a &#39;Full Member&#39;. Why? I&#39;m not asking for much here, just a little recognition for my contributions to this community.

I know some people have said the titles that come with a higher post count don&#39;t really mean anything, but I disagree. Whenever I read a new post, whether it&#39;s someone offering computer advice or a verified hash, the first thing I look at is that user&#39;s post count and title. I use it as a guage to determine how serious and commited that person is to this board, and I think most other users do that, too. Sure, some people only got their higher status by posting useless garbage, but I don&#39;t see how counting posts in some forums and not in others is going to put an end to this spamming problem. Meanwhile, those of us who follow the rules and try to remain on-topic are being punished for the actions of a few bad apples.

It is my hope that the Moderators will consider changing this new and unfair rule.

Thank You.

RPerry
03-08-2003, 04:11 AM
your post count now says 159, so its not stuck ;)

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-08-2003, 04:46 AM
Yea, you&#39;ve got some REALLY constructive and helpful posts. I normally see you post and help people that have problems with encoding and such. Maybe it will change... maybe it won&#39;t... ;)

ShareDaddy
03-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^@7 March 2003 - 23:08
I haven&#39;t posted many hashes lately because while the Verified were down I became more involved with helping others with their computer problems. Now, consequently, I tend to post more in the &#39;Main&#39; sections than the &#39;Verifieds&#39;. I think most of my posts are helpful and relevent, at least to the people who posted their questions. However, my post count is now perpetually stuck at 158 and I will forever be viewed by others as simply a &#39;Full Member&#39;. Why? I&#39;m not asking for much here, just a little recognition for my contributions to this community.

I know some people have said the titles that come with a higher post count don&#39;t really mean anything, but I disagree. Whenever I read a new post, whether it&#39;s someone offering computer advice or a verified hash, the first thing I look at is that user&#39;s post count and title. I use it as a guage to determine how serious and commited that person is to this board, and I think most other users do that, too. Sure, some people only got their higher status by posting useless garbage, but I don&#39;t see how counting posts in some forums and not in others is going to put an end to this spamming problem. Meanwhile, those of us who follow the rules and try to remain on-topic are being punished for the actions of a few bad apples.

It is my hope that the Moderators will consider changing this new and unfair rule.

Thank You.
You have basically reitterated my point posted in a previous topic. See below (pasted from previous topic)here I have offered several alternatives to use instead of the current system and hopefully one of the admins finds it usefull and tries to apply something similar.

Previous post

ShareDaddy Posted: 5 March 2003 - 14:08

K-Lite Board God

Group: Database Crew
Member No.: 1176

Over the past 5 months or so this has been a continuing topic. First off FC never lost any posts (one point they were taken away, however same day were back), secondly as it is, is fine, but changing titles may be a thing to discuss. I mean as posts have increased we should have adapted the titles to match. Simply get to a God status and never being able to move from there is not good. Not that the status really matters, but it does lend credibility to one&#39;s posts, I mean I would take what a GOD states as factual with far more weight than what a newbie said. Not to say everything said by anyone can be GOSPEL, however you tend to judge a persons post and whether or not you will use their advice on their status, at least I do. I would say grandfather everyone now and make a new set of achievements to reach for varying status names.

0-99 Newbie

100-249 Member

250-499 Full Member

500-999 Senior Member

1000-1499 Board God

1500-1999 Full Board God

Hopefully you see my point, changing the system to work with a much larger post count than originally thought possible. I mean we could still make changes to all, have everyone switch to what their totals say versus the list above, it would not matter in the long run. But changing the measurement criteria and naming standards would be a cool way to improve what we have, thus making it more usable.

Maybe even a simpler way, start making Board God Levels, I would be considered a Board God Level 1 or something and so on. I sort of like the thought mentioned in a previous post regarding the mods deciding, but then you can have favoritism and or unfair practices being shown. I think adding levels would be an easy and usable solution.

up to 1499 - Board God Level 1

1500-2000 - Board God Level 2

etc.

or

up to 1499 - Level 1 Board God

1500-1999 - Level 2 Board God

and so on.

The Great Dude
03-08-2003, 05:28 AM
ShareDaddy, wouldn&#39;t people start to spam more if the rankings were that high?

Don&#39;t upset Paul. :P

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-08-2003, 05:37 AM
;) I say give Nightwolf 500 post of mine and the rest can be splint amongst your selfs.My favorite spot is MusicWorld now and the discussion area does not count.Which is fine by me.I just love this galaxy of ours. :beerchug:

ShareDaddy
03-08-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 March 2003 - 00:37
;) I say give Nightwolf 500 post of mine and the rest can be splint amongst your selfs.My favorite spot is MusicWorld now and the discussion area does not count.Which is fine by me.I just love this galaxy of ours. :beerchug:
Awe, shucks FC&#33; We don&#39;t want your posts as are&#39;s, we simpyl want our&#39;s as our&#39;s. If the system never existed, that would be one thing, I would not then miss it. But as it stands you get used to something and then POOF it is gone, it just never goes over well. Do you agree with that reasoning at least?

Nightwolf
03-08-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by RPerry@7 March 2003 - 23:11
your post count now says 159, so its not stuck ;)
Yeah, I guess my posts are more &#39;valid&#39; in this forum than in certain others. :rolleyes:

MagicNakor
03-08-2003, 06:34 AM
I agree with you Nightwolf. I posted a topic here a while ago: "Counting Posts in the Brave New Worlds."

jetje
03-08-2003, 08:59 AM
yes right magic nakor, that&#39;s why i merge these topics so everything wabout that will be in one place.

MagicNakor
03-08-2003, 09:56 AM
:D Keep up the good work Jetje.

Aslan
03-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@4 March 2003 - 02:18
Why not count the posts made in the new forum rooms? Since it seems that most of the posts will now be delegated to their specific rooms, a lot of help and the like will be offered in them as well. Sure..there&#39;s off-topic (spam) posts, but there always was before. :lol:
I think you guys worry about posts too much. A lot of the people I see with high number posts seem to post a bunch of small messages. The amount of posts you do doesn&#39;t really mean anything. =]

ooo
03-08-2003, 11:24 PM
it just looks better w/ more stars... :P... lolol.... anyways those ppl w/ like thousands of post ::cough cough::(the great dude... err i cant remember any other names nooo... theres some one else... o yea funky capricorn... :P... darn post whores*)...... joined this forum a while ago....

The Great Dude
03-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Soul814@8 March 2003 - 15:24
it just looks better w/ more stars... :P... lolol.... anyways those ppl w/ like thousands of post ::cough cough::(the great dude... err i cant remember any other names nooo... theres some one else... o yea funky capricorn... :P... darn post whores*)...... joined this forum a while ago....
If you pay me, I&#39;ll split it with someone. :P You forgot the mods and Shinigami, ShareDaddy :lol: Isn&#39;t it about the feeling and not the stars people? Or am I just wasting time. ;)

SuperJude™
03-09-2003, 02:50 AM
9 pages and I still don&#39;t ahve my posts.

Can anybody say "lost cause?"

-SJ™

RPerry
03-09-2003, 03:09 AM
What do you mean Sj?

BTW, hows the hangover? :lol:

SuperJude™
03-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Well I mean I was trying to get all my posts to count, and here we are 9 pages in and it seems like a lost cause.

And I am beyond hungover, man 3 hours sleep, a busy day at the restaurant, egads I am feeling pretty burt right now&#33;

:lol:

I asked for it, sure seemed fun last night when I was drunk and banning ircops though.

0_o

:ph34r:

-SJ™

ooo
03-09-2003, 03:28 AM
you noe what... this should go to the longue... Bender do your stuff

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-09-2003, 03:40 AM
It&#39;ll be 10 pages now... and think about it, everyone that posted here just had their posts shoot up. :lol:

The Great Dude
03-09-2003, 03:51 AM
Not 10 pages for me because I changed it in my controls. :lol: Yeah this is a lost cause now.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-09-2003, 03:58 AM
Yep, it&#39;s going to be closed or moved pretty soon if we go too far off topic... oh well. :)

Nobody1234
03-09-2003, 04:28 AM
Before this thread gets closed... Is it possible to know if anything is being considered by the administration about this ?
We have come up with a lot of ideas here and I would not like to see it be closed and nothing happening.
Sharedaddy had a good idea imo. A new counting system would be good seeing that many have high post counts now.
I also think the discussions in &#39;Worlds&#39; should count too.

So will we hear from our administration ?

Bender
03-09-2003, 05:11 AM
I see no reason to close this topic as I haven&#39;t noticed any spam, and only a few off-topic posts since Jetje has edited it.
Do you guys want it to be closed or moved? :huh:

@ Nobody1234 about the team: They (we now, but I&#39;m the n00b mod) are discussing this subject, the members are being quoted, be sure that this thread will count. :)

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-09-2003, 05:15 AM
Well, rereading the posts ad such, alot has been said and ideas questioned over. Maybe it should stay because... where would you move it to? :huh:
Maybe you don&#39;t have to close it because everything seems constructive.

Hmm... wonder what will be decided in the end. :)

SuperJude™
03-09-2003, 05:21 AM
A post is a post, spam is spam, wherever on the board it occurs. In that sense we now have 2 admins, 5 mods and I think Jon maybe though he hasn&#39;t been around.

Meaning, people are here to take care of a job, so why worry about it? I find this site to be somewhat self regulating in terms of members not letting other members get too out of hand.

I firmly think that with all that, our posts in all sections should count.

I am not as techie as some of you and I mostly post in other areas of the board, answering theings when I can, but I am more a "Worlds" and "Lounge" person, and I do try to contribute in those areas.&#39;

Those posts should count.

-SJ™

Bender
03-09-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@9 March 2003 - 06:15
Well, rereading the posts ad such, alot has been said and ideas questioned over. Maybe it should stay because... where would you move it to? :huh:
Maybe you don&#39;t have to close it because everything seems constructive.

Hmm... wonder what will be decided in the end. :)
I hope you don&#39;t get me wrong here, Shinigami. :)
I replied on this topic because people started to think it would be closed soon, while I saw no reason for that.

I said I saw no reason to close it, and asked people if I should close/move it.
It was just an open question, without pun. B)

edit: removed sig.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-09-2003, 06:05 AM
lol, ok ok. I confuse myself sometimes so... yea :rolleyes:

Nobody1234
03-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Thanks Bender.

I&#39;m looking forward to hear what you... (they) have to say about this. :-)

MagicNakor
03-09-2003, 07:14 AM
I am, also.

Though I wonder what *really* goes on in the MOD room....:lol:

jetje
03-09-2003, 10:38 AM
I like to say if we close or move this one, we have the same topic posted again within days or even hours &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
It did while this topic was even on the 1st page. We know your opinions on this matter. The reason mods have to discuss and think about it is, we had a reason for making it the way it is now. We want to limit posting just for the count. Try to reduce spam so mods won&#39;t have to edit/delete in every thread or room and topics stay readable. We think quality of the board is more important then postcount. So that&#39;s why every post is already counted imo. It counts in what is said in it, i judge people posting in here in their contribution to discussions, p2p and quality or liveliness from the board. imo that means more than the no. that stands somewhere near your board name. I kinda hoped we all had that in common ;)
So basicly Bender is right we&#39;re thinkin&#39; of the best solution.

Jibbler
03-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@9 March 2003 - 00:21
A post is a post, spam is spam, wherever on the board it occurs.

I firmly think that with all that, our posts in all sections should count.

I am not as techie as some of you and I mostly post in other areas of the board, answering theings when I can, but I am more a "Worlds" and "Lounge" person, and I do try to contribute in those areas.&#39;

Those posts should count.

-SJ™
Well said SJ. Every post should count. I&#39;ve never heard of a board that only counted certain posts. I&#39;m still wondering why my contribution is only worthwhile in certain areas. Now that we have a 10 page thread, would it be time to re-evaluate the current setup? Mods?--

Jibbler

Ron
03-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Well,I vote we have a pinned about posts not counting in certain places.
Or maybe an announcement on the banner about that.
It&#39;s not being used now anyway....

alan36uk
03-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Its about having a giggle and not brownie points...
I wonder if posts didnt count for anything how many would
really bother ?
Its a male thing lol
I would coz I am a k-lite addict &#33;&#33;

The Great Dude
03-11-2003, 01:51 AM
I been trying to say it&#39;s all about the fun. Did anyone take that advice? ;) :P

ooo
03-11-2003, 01:59 AM
::cough:: REVOLT&#33; ::cough:: lolz.... let all posts count once again.... ::revolt&#33;&#33;&#33;::

i blame the great dude for my words... if anything :P

CornerPocket
03-11-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@10 March 2003 - 19:51
I been trying to say it&#39;s all about the fun. Did anyone take that advice?&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; :P
It is about having fun. However it seems alot of members see post counts as a reward for their efforts/ contribution to the Forum. I recently brought this back to light, and it&#39;s in VB&#39;s hands now. Final decision is based on him :unsure:

ooo
03-11-2003, 02:03 AM
ahhh a mod&#33;&#33;&#33; runnnnnnnnnnnnnn lolz... :P be afraid, be very afraid...

The Great Dude
03-11-2003, 02:23 AM
CornerPocket, dude, you acended from the rest. :P Can you tell us what goes on in the team chat? :P

What will happen if lounge posts count? :lol:

ooo
03-11-2003, 02:28 AM
then the world would be saved... since we still kept up the "DELETED POSTS" thread made by ron lolz :P

:pirate: arg

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-11-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@10 March 2003 - 18:23
CornerPocket, dude, you acended from the rest. :P Can you tell us what goes on in the team chat? :P

What will happen if lounge posts count? :lol:
Your avatar is so GODLY CornerPocket&#33; :o It strikes fear into the green eyes of mine&#33; :ph34r:

Wonder what is going to happen?
And if Off-topic counts... there will be so many post-whores... and ascended Post-Whores... like Post-Sluts or Post-Whores II or Post-Whores III, etc.

ooo
03-11-2003, 03:31 AM
but but im not even kazaa lite board god... :P

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-11-2003, 03:39 AM
In due time you will be... or in about 126, or 125 when you reply to this, posts. :lol:

ooo
03-11-2003, 03:40 AM
by that time your gonna be a post whore&#33;&#33;&#33; you whore&#33;

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 04:27 AM
only useful information should come to count towards our posts number, like hashs or tips and other "helpful" information...no more then that....anybody posting a shorter reply without any thought into the reply...should lose some 10 posts or less or more?

cheers

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-11-2003, 05:23 AM
ahhh, so you mean constructive posts only and no posts taht are just " :lol: " kind of things... :rolleyes:

The Great Dude
03-11-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by lunatacs@10 March 2003 - 20:27
only useful information should come to count towards our posts number, like hashs or tips and other "helpful" information...no more then that....anybody posting a shorter reply without any thought into the reply...should lose some 10 posts or less or more?

cheers
Is all that important? FC is having fun in music world. :lol:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-11-2003, 06:28 AM
FC is having wayyyy too much fun :P
Oh well, I don&#39;t think he cares about posts anymore :lol:

[B][O][T]
03-11-2003, 06:31 AM
Isnt it time to move this topic to Lounge now?

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-11-2003, 06:37 AM
:rolleyes: No, I promise we&#39;ll get back on topic. But as Bender said, it will eventually come down to VB&#39;s decision.

Nightwolf
03-16-2003, 11:55 PM
I still don&#39;t see how limiting post counting to certain forums will prevent spamming&#33; If all I wanted to do was increase my status, I could easily just start posting smilies in the hash areas right now. But that&#39;s not what I want. I&#39;m just asking for credit where credit is due, and I don&#39;t see why someone who says "Nice post, man" in the verifieds section gets more credit than when I post a long, well thought out reply to someone&#39;s hardware or software problems. If the Mods really believe the stars don&#39;t mean anything, then why don&#39;t they get rid of them all together? Because they do mean something. They&#39;re a measure of how much a person contributes to this community. And when someone sees that my post count never changes, it makes me look like some sort of lurker who never says anything and is only here to leech files. Spammers should be dealt with on an individual basis, not by punishing all of us&#33; I don&#39;t know if the board software could do this, but the rule should be that if a post is less than 10 words, including smilies, no post credit will be given.

ooo
03-17-2003, 12:05 AM
:cough: :cough: nice post man... lol :P

Edit: that was funny... just to annoy him... :P... heh anywayz.... i dunno i have no comment on this topic i gues.... :P

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Yea... Nightwolf really deserves his posts in the Worlds because they&#39;ve been nothing but helpful... again, we have to wait for what&#39;s going to happen...

Patience... :mellow: :-"

ooo
03-17-2003, 12:11 AM
yes i agree that nightwolf&#39;s posts actually are helpful... PROMOTE HIM TO MOD&#33;&#33;&#33; WOOT&#33;&#33;&#33;... lolz... :P... he helped me w/ ma messed up com... :P

Curley
03-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Simple solution: Get rid of post counts and get rid of the stars. I don&#39;t see why they are so important anyhow :)

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-17-2003, 12:13 AM
NO&#33; don&#39;t get rid of it&#33; It&#39;s eye candy&#33; :P

ooo
03-17-2003, 12:14 AM
yes but then some ppl wont be as tempted... lololz :P... tempation island&#33;... weird lololz... but then again that is a good solution

Curley
03-17-2003, 12:18 AM
For one, it&#39;ll certainly stop all the newbies asking questions. Also, it&#39;ll stop members taking the piss out of other members with high post counts.

ooo
03-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@17 March 2003 - 01:13
NO&#33; don&#39;t get rid of it&#33; It&#39;s eye candy&#33; :P
curley has a point... but look at that greedy post whore... will you look at that&#33;&#33;&#33; lolz :P

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Don&#39;t worry. If I see a Star-user bash a newbie, I&#39;ll bash him for you. :D

I still wonder what&#39;s going to happen though. :geek:

jetje
03-17-2003, 12:30 AM
Would surely solve a lot of problems Curley.... Look at this topic, we leave it open in here...
Becauase we think it&#39;s important, just read through it again. 2 pages good posts.
10 pages...hmmm doubtable post and thats because i like to be constructive.... ;)

ooo
03-17-2003, 12:30 AM
how u get to post whore so fast&#33; before you were like 100 - 200 posts down... omg.... such a post whore... lolz :P

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-17-2003, 12:32 AM
What are you talking about&#33;?&#33;? 100-200 posts down?&#33;?

So what are you guys thinking Jetje? in your....overworld or uh... underworld of you Mod&#39;s and Admins :ph34r:

Curley
03-17-2003, 12:33 AM
hmmmmmmmm, I can see this either being closed or moved to the lounge :rolleyes:

ooo
03-17-2003, 12:34 AM
lol heheh this is not gonna be as good as delete posts :P (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=20470&st=0)

J'Pol
03-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^@17 March 2003 - 00:55
I still don&#39;t see how limiting post counting to certain forums will prevent spamming&#33;&nbsp; If all I wanted to do was increase my status, I could easily just start posting smilies in the hash areas right now.&nbsp; But that&#39;s not what I want.&nbsp; I&#39;m just asking for credit where credit is due, and I don&#39;t see why someone who says "Nice post, man" in the verifieds section gets more credit than when I post a long, well thought out reply to someone&#39;s hardware or software problems.&nbsp; If the Mods really believe the stars don&#39;t mean anything, then why don&#39;t they get rid of them all together?&nbsp; Because they do mean something.&nbsp; They&#39;re a measure of how much a person contributes to this community.&nbsp; And when someone sees that my post count never changes, it makes me look like some sort of lurker who never says anything and is only here to leech files.&nbsp; Spammers should be dealt with on an individual basis, not by punishing all of us&#33;&nbsp; I don&#39;t know if the board software could do this, but the rule should be that if a post is less than 10 words, including smilies, no post credit will be given.
What an excellent idea.

Let&#39;s pay the chaps who mod this forum to do it on a full time basis. Then they can count the number of words in each post. Rather than having a life in the matrix. Where they can have relationships, meet real people, get a mortgage, buy a house, go out with their friends. Enjoy themselves. In fact have a life.

We don&#39;t want that sort of person here.

ooo
03-17-2003, 12:37 AM
i think the limit should go to like 20 words... but then again w/ 10 words alot can be said... so can 5 words... some things just require simple answers like

:rtfaq: or :rtfm: errr

Nobody1234
03-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by jetje@16 March 2003 - 19:30
Would surely solve a lot of problems Curley.... Look at this topic, we leave it open in here...
Becauase we think it&#39;s important, just read through it again. 2 pages good posts.
10 pages...hmmm doubtable post and thats because i like to be constructive.... ;)
Can&#39;t you see that there are people who do post only helpful and well thought out information? Those people deserve to have their posts count in all areas. If you don&#39;t give them credit where credit is due you will see them post junk in places where it counts. That&#39;s why this is happening in this thread.

I myself don&#39;t think I spam the board but lately I have been helping a lot of people in areas where posts don&#39;t count. It is discouraging to not see it count. I also see spammers and am tempted to do the same as them now to &#39;balance things out&#39;. I will not do it as I know postcounts are not really important. But fair is fair, right?

Can you tell us if anything is happening about this? Or when we can expect this to be sorted out.