PDA

View Full Version : Which Of This Year's Best Picture Nominees

[B][O][T]
02-05-2004, 01:21 PM
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/)
Lost in Translation (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335266/)
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311113/)
Mystic River (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327056/)
Seabiscuit (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329575/)

BOT

Adster
02-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I refuse to vote in this poll I find this poll is asking for trouble and pointless!!!

we all know ppl will say ROTK is over rated but it clearly is the best movie

funny thing is fantasy movies never win academy awards

there is no over rated movies in that list

but some underrated ones that did not get nominated

Like The Last Samurai

so yeah I'm not voting

PS what was Over rated was the matrix!!!

abu_has_the_power
02-05-2004, 02:01 PM
just voted for master and commander. i thought it was just another sea flick with some cool dude from gladiator. dumb movies. rotk desevered the prize. not sure bout lost in translation, didn't see it yet.

Adster
02-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@6 February 2004 - 00:01
just voted for master and commander. i thought it was just another sea flick with some cool dude from gladiator. dumb movies. rotk desevered the prize. not sure bout lost in translation, didn't see it yet.
yes must admit that movie board the shit out of me

The Last samurai was better and Pirates of the Caribbean

toddiscool
02-05-2004, 07:55 PM
I voted cannot stand any of them, but probably should have said lost in translation. What a retarded movie, and the only reason that bill should win anything for it is for doing a good job playing the worst character ever. What a boar.

bujub22
02-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Adster@5 February 2004 - 10:04

The Last samurai was better and Pirates of the Caribbean
see yah wrong there ,last samari was over rated so was pirates to but pirates was better ... tho i did like seeing tom cruise get his ass kicked all the time and possibly dying ,but pirates was better but that's me :D

Memento
02-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by toddiscool@5 February 2004 - 19:55
I voted cannot stand any of them, but probably should have said lost in translation. What a retarded movie, and the only reason that bill should win anything for it is for doing a good job playing the worst character ever. What a boar.
does everybody think this film is "retarded"? or are there ppl in this forum who can tell wat a good film is?

Adster
02-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Memento+6 February 2004 - 06:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Memento @ 6 February 2004 - 06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toddiscool@5 February 2004 - 19:55
does everybody think this film is "retarded"? or are there ppl in this forum who can tell wat a good film is? [/b][/quote]
You see what I mean??

this is why I was wondered about this poll

I never like the word over rated I mean there is a reason why these movies got nominated

Tetsujn
02-06-2004, 02:07 AM
yes theres a reason. just like there was a reason Titanic got nominated and won a bunch of oscars. that reason is theres a couple of old douche bags who dont know good from shit which make these awards up. i wont say anything about the matrix for not getting nominated for best dicrector or best picture but to be neglected in the catagory it was born to dominate, SFX, is just biased and disgusting.

Adster
02-06-2004, 02:14 AM
WRONG

there was nothing wrong with Titanic

Just coz Leo was a pretty boy and us guys are jealous coz girls blah blah about him and that frigging song got played endlessly on radio we straight away think titanic was crap

I don&#39;t care what people say the movie was brilliant and well made and deserved it&#39;s awards

its the young people that love the matrix Action Movies are dead

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
02-06-2004, 02:23 AM
not voting all the movies were awsome all of them. my 3 fav would be rotk, lost in translation, mystic river

Memento
02-06-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Adster@6 February 2004 - 02:14
WRONG

there was nothing wrong with Titanic

Just coz Leo was a pretty boy and us guys are jealous coz girls blah blah about him and that frigging song got played endlessly on radio we straight away think titanic was crap

I don&#39;t care what people say the movie was brilliant and well made and deserved it&#39;s awards

its the young people that love the matrix Action Movies are dead
i have to say i agree with that.

titanic was a good film. but everybody has their own opinion, unfortunalty some people can see past the pretty boy actor or some other minner detail. I know a guy who came out of the cinema after seeing matrix 2: reloaded, sayin it was crap, all because at the the point where neo was flyin up in the sky he could tell it was cgi. He discredited the whole film just because of this, sayin the cgi was bad. wft? Dont worry, i did point out to him a number of scenes that he was unaware that were done in cgi, thus provin that the cgi wasnt bad. but of the flip side i disagree wiv ppl saying pearl harbour was a good film, but that doesnt make me right. I also remember a while back a few ppl were say gladiator was a sh*t film and that last samurai was gonna be better. Ive gone off my point a little really, but wat im tryin to say is that nominations are usually close or there abouts in selectin the best contenders in that catory, just because we may disagree doesnt make us right.

i dont think matrix revolutions should be nominated for best film, imo it lack the intuative step that the others had which made them so good, without this it was simply an action film, but i understand that it was limited due to the natural course of the story.