PDA

View Full Version : Bandwith At 1?

newcombe6
02-05-2004, 02:30 PM
just a quick question. course im on a 56k modem, i only keep about 10 recent movies in my shared folder, so i can have a decent bandwith, and still share (the bloody essence of kazaa by the way for those nobheads who dont share!). but ive noticed that a lot of people cut you off if you dont share or your bandwith is 1, what does this mean?, and is the fact that no-one seems to be uploading off me recently hurting my chances of downloading myself?

cheers for any helpful replies in advance.

mutha trucka
02-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Shouldn't hurt you to not have folks download from you much. Even people who don't share get there's just fine. You might try jumping nodes or sumpin.

~FunK_mOb~
02-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by newcombe6@5 February 2004 - 15:30
but ive noticed that a lot of people cut you off if you dont share or your bandwith is 1, what does this mean?
People that cut you off because they think you're not sharing are just plain stupid!There's no way to be sure if someone is sharing or not.A lot of people hide their shared folder so that nobody(especially the RIAA) can see what they're sharing,but that doesn't mean they aren't sharing.People should stop whining and stop cutting people of.All they should be doing is downloading and uploading :angry:

I never cut anyone of,because I'm not the kind of guy that wants to check the folder of people that are downloading from me,just to see if they might have something I want.
If there's something you want to download you just do a search for it on k-lite and not trough the folders of people that are downloading from you :frusty:
Ignorant people are a pain in the ass!

cwctv
02-05-2004, 05:32 PM
I agree just get on with it never cut users off by the way newcombe6 if you can use BT I would its is better for you 56k users.

newcombe6
02-05-2004, 06:40 PM
cheers for all the advice lads. appreciate it.