PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will Kazaa/klite Survive?

Bowen747x
02-06-2004, 07:15 PM
i was just curious as 2 y so many ppl r continueing 2 update kazaa?

as from what ive seen(but i could b wrong)there r probably weekly updates to, what r now, several different types of kazaas. however, fasttrack is losing files more and more and also, willing 2 share users, every week. do u think the more u update kazaa, the longer u can hold off its inevidable demise?

dont get me wrong, i am thankful 4 every1s hard work but i just dont c the point anymore, maybe ive just lost faith ps: who agrees w/ me that this :gossip: looks more like ppl taking shrooms more then it looks like the emoticons are gossiping lol

Xero Grid
02-09-2004, 01:02 AM
I don't know man. I take different parts of a few version to make one of my own, but that's for me. As for P2P, I'm using BitTorrent more than anything. But I turn K-Lite on to share what I downloaded from BT. But K-Lite 2.6 RC 13 is actually a big improvement, and I find a lot of files with it, when I can't find something on BT.

What version are you using? Couild be your version. The new one can connect to more even though 2.4.3 isn't affected all that much. As for K-Lite dying, that's still near impossible. Too many people still use it.

-- Xero Grid --

Supernatural
02-09-2004, 05:21 PM
I agree with Xero. K-Lite is still the most popular file sharing app.

internet.news
02-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Bowen747x@6 February 2004 - 20:15
i was just curious as 2 y so many ppl r continueing 2 update kazaa?

as from what ive seen(but i could b wrong)there r probably weekly updates to, what r now, several different types of kazaas. however, fasttrack is losing files more and more and also, willing 2 share users, every week. do u think the more u update kazaa, the longer u can hold off its inevidable demise?

dont get me wrong, i am thankful 4 every1s hard work but i just dont c the point anymore, maybe ive just lost faith ps: who agrees w/ me that this :gossip: looks more like ppl taking shrooms more then it looks like the emoticons are gossiping lol
You don't need to update - the best working version K-Lite is based on is:
K++ 2.4.3 get it on oldversions.com or oldversion.com ;)

Spam-King
02-10-2004, 11:28 PM
kazaa will die slowly, to much fake files :unsure:

muchspl2
02-11-2004, 12:00 AM
28:06:42:12

thePFY
02-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 February 2004 - 00:00
28:06:42:12
that is when the world will end

muchspl2
02-11-2004, 12:13 AM
:rolleyes: I keep getting those mixed up

seiya_33
02-11-2004, 01:47 AM
i dont think its going to last that long anymore , evrybody semms to be using BT and emule/overnet , i really dont use it anymore , cant find what i want .

Mercy
02-11-2004, 02:59 AM
every sharing app .. got its own ppl who love it and will keep it going .. so dont think it will just die that easily

geothermal78
02-13-2004, 12:07 PM
The last time I used CleanKMD 2.6 there were 3.6 million users online and I got 50kbs for popular songs, videos and tv shows and 5kbs for rare stuff.

At 4AM on the west coast, that means the whole of the USA is asleep, I see 2.7 million users. So that is still a ton of users using this p2p program.

Does Emule, WinMX, BT, Soulseek, etc.... even show the number of users online ?

I use WinmX at the same time as I use CleanKMD. Do other people use more than one at the same time ? I only have 384 RAM XP Celeron. Seems pretty common these days.

geothermal

Xero Grid
02-14-2004, 11:12 PM
I use BitTorrent and K-Lite together all the time. Except when I'm not fully done with some files on BT because I don't want to share files that are still in pieces. :D

Overnet pissed me off. So slow for me, I would rather slit my wrist then try it again. :lol:
Well, I'm not really interested in other P2P apps right now. I have yet have something I wanted to find and couldn't find it. ;)

-- Xero Grid --

twisterX
02-17-2004, 02:24 AM
it impossibe to tell but if everyone continuse to uise it it will be ok. :)