PDA

View Full Version : Average Income Of K++ User?

100%
03-04-2003, 12:40 PM
This is probably a very touchy subject
(Lie as much as you want)

It would be interesting to know
the Average Income of a K++ user.
Hence the Need for Free?

Im bathing in debts and for some miracle theres always a new job when i reach my lowest point.

Sculptor
Gallery takes 45%,
Taxes take 30%,
Material costs 90% :blink:
Life rocks

It could be a need for free. I don't routinely have an extra $30 kicking around at any given time to buy CDs with. Hell, I don't have an extra $30 to buy car insurance with. ;) MagicNakor

I make less than $20,000 us dollars a year
So I NEED free :)Master YodaX

imported_computerfreak76
03-04-2003, 12:46 PM
well i make a little over $20 an hour which is a bit over $40,000 a year. i want to be making at least $70,000 before im 30(im 26 now)

Razz
03-04-2003, 12:54 PM
hmmm, im not sure wot i get in dollars but its not alot :) - im get about on average £250 a week as i am an hourly paid wage slave :lol:

Seeing as im only 17 its still more than most of my mates :)

alan36uk
03-04-2003, 01:00 PM
I get paid bundles !!
All my girls on the street corner
make me a fortune ;)

vegeta
03-04-2003, 01:01 PM
its ur job income right??? ;)

dwightfry
03-04-2003, 01:02 PM
I make an entire $6.40 an hour....and I only work 3 hours a day. I AM POOR

imported_computerfreak76
03-04-2003, 01:02 PM
yo! what up pimp daddy alan??

LOL

Knuckles187
03-04-2003, 01:04 PM
well..... i make £35 a week

i am in college full time and work one day a weeks... so that isnt bad really lol

tilen76
03-04-2003, 01:13 PM
I earn for the price of a movie theater ticket per hour (1000 SIT / hour if that helps ;) ).

I work as much as needed, but usually from 25-50 hours per month.
I'm still a student though.

I barely make it through the month with this income.

What can I do, I have to buy all those CD-Rs, pay my ADSL bill, my mobile phone bill, drink some beer, ...

... and at the end, there is nothing left for buying audio CDs or going to the movie theater.

Thanks god for the summer work. That's when I try to earn enough to upgrade my PC or do some travelling.

:)

RPerry
03-04-2003, 01:45 PM
$14.10 an hour, between 30,000 - 35,000 a year.

KinkoStinky
03-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@4 March 2003 - 05:02
I make an entire $6.40 an hour....and I only work 3 hours a day. I AM POOR
Um... Ok... Is that below minimum pay? Its probably that or your below 18...
Btw, its normally not good to tell others how much you make...

deckard
03-04-2003, 02:10 PM
One of the basic tenets of Western law as passed down from Judaic philosophy is that the deprivation of basic needs from those without their means of acquistion is a crime equal to the act itself. In other words, depriving food from a starving child is equivalent to murder.

Does not art deserve the same qualification?

Ron
03-04-2003, 03:00 PM
I have no idea how much money I make really.
It comes in, my wife spends it, my bookkeeper fills in bogus tax returns.
It must be somewhere between 104 and 260 new dresses a year.
That's shoes, strings, and accessories excluded of course.
Anyway, over here we pay
V.A.T.: 21%
Taxes: +/- 50%
Social security: +/- 20%
Then, there's music tax, dance tax, another music tax, alcohol permit, water tax, environmental tax, animation tax, hygiene tax, food tax, gambling tax, etc. etc.
All these combined total about 85% of your official ;) income.......

bronco
03-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ron@4 March 2003 - 16:00

Anyway, over here we pay
V.A.T.: 21%
Taxes: +/- 50%
Social security: +/- 20%
Then, there's music tax, dance tax, another music tax, alcohol permit, water tax, environmental tax, animation tax, hygiene tax, food tax, gambling tax, etc. etc.
All these combined total about 85% of your official ;) income.......
cucumber tax :lol: :D :lol:

Spindulik
03-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Back to the original QUESTION:

I make a decent amount of money. Rich or poor, it doesn't take a genius to see that the music industry is soaking you $15.00-$25.00 a CD, when it actually cost pennies to physically produce the audio CD.

Even if you add up the supplies, materials, equipment, maintainence and labor, the audio CDs still only cost pennies to produce. So where does all of the money go?

Look in the Bargain-Baskets in K-Mart. They didn't accidently produce tons of DVDs and CDs with bad actors and artists. They did this on purpose because they can still make a profit selling them.

How the hell can they charge $25.00 for a DVD, when they already touted that they made "X" million dollars at the box office theater?

They stretch a movie down to the thinnest wire. First they profit at the theaters. Then they release the movie world wide. Then they soak you at the store on DVDs. Then they release the movie on cable TV. Then they rent it to you at BlockBusters. Then they lease the move on broadcast network. Then they sell it at K-Mart for $5.00. Does it ever stop? NO!, they take the same move ten years from now and digitalize, re-release it at the theater, sell it on DVD, etc... etc..

The entertainment industry didn't make the same mistake, a dozen times over again and again, manufacturing thousands of DVD copies of "Attack from Mars" or "Slim Whittman". They know there are people out there who will pay $5.00 each for them. DVDs weren't around when those films were a flop.

AOL gives CDs away! I saw on TV last week. They produce 50 disks a second! The machinery is amazing!

Ron
03-04-2003, 08:03 PM
I also find it truly amazing that DVD releases cost three times more here than the video ones.
Surely DVD is cheaper to manufacture than a video cassette?