View Full Version : Emule Same As Enonkey

Wizzandabe
02-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Is it?

Darth Sushi
02-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Wizzandabe@7 February 2004 - 22:49
Is it?
EDonkey is full of spyware, adware, get-on-your-nerve-ware, etc. eMule is pure P2P! Edonkey = Kazaa while eMule = KazaaLite.

Arathorn
02-08-2004, 09:25 PM
If it would be the same, why would it have a different name and website?

mogadishu
02-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Arathorn@8 February 2004 - 16:25
If it would be the same, why would it have a different name and website?
because it is the same program.. just without the garbage.. so wizz asked a valid question.

MvM
02-10-2004, 12:30 AM
ok i used emule for a long time and when i started to used overnet ill never do anything on it again my d/l speeds on emule were about 2k or so when i was d/ling a movie (230 megs) now i restarted the d/l on overnet same movie (260 megs) and i kept on both just to see what 1 was faster (and the emule was 80% done). and edonkey blew it away with its 23k d/l speeds (12-13k avg). now at first i was like "i bet it was just the file" so i chose another file similer size and sources and again Edonkey blew it away.
BTW im a huge fan of the d/l GUI thing that emule had since it showed you what was really going on but u cant beat more stuff and better speeds for a d/l bar and some cool options.

now just try it. it does have some spyware ill admit but i just found a loader and some spyware remover and poof no more prob. (BTW overnet has more stuff since it inclueds multible networks).

ths is just what i thing u may argue about well this and that but i get ALOT fast speeds for d/l and more constant speeds..
now if u want music and more made american stuff then use kl ++ super fast im talking +150kps d/l almost all the time and NO SPYWARE B)

junkyardking
02-10-2004, 12:37 AM
I just use overnet lite, speeds on overnet tend to be faster because it supports the horde which is a system that basicly pairs you up with other users who are also downloading the file, emule does not support this system...

MUSLEMAN
02-10-2004, 05:23 PM
overnet, don't even waist your time with emule :lol:

sarefin
02-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@10 February 2004 - 17:23
overnet, don't even waist your time with emule :lol:
I agree with Muscleman's point.
I have MorphXT1.3, Emule Plus 1j/1g, eMule0.41b29-LSD16b-AMD-Socks-v2-Gold,
Overnet lite /Edonkey lite. The best speed king/queen are Overnet/Edonkey.
And I don't need waste time to Full UL long time without any DL.

In fact, Emule's lots of DL sources are Edonkey. Without Edonkey, Emule's speed is very slow, except Emule Plus.

In my country, lots of people get same result.

MUSLEMAN
02-10-2004, 05:51 PM
ya now lets hope that those riaa idiots don't start on this network :lol: :lol: :lol:

guit_steel
02-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@10 February 2004 - 11:51
ya now lets hope that those riaa idiots don't start on this network :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unfortunately, I think the bastards r already on the way. Well, when the time comes, we'll just move again. Might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts though! :D