PDA

View Full Version : Insolence! It's Everywhere!

Necrobrogdon
02-07-2004, 11:56 PM
People may be ranting about this on this board, i decided (if they are) i will join them. First off, why in the world do people share DEMOS on kazaa??? theres pleanty of websites online that can give you faster connections to get them, so why in hell would you waste time and share them??? Second, why do people rename there files with bogus names? Is it humerous or something? All i'm trying to say is that someone make a mod for kazaa lite to were you can only download files from people that you choose to download from. Yet, i can see the error in this as it would mean you would have to be tracable to get the files...... so can anyone enlighten me on any ideas on how to deal with these problems?

Keikan
02-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Nonchalant repartee....

Necrobrogdon
02-08-2004, 12:56 AM
say what?

Keikan
02-08-2004, 12:58 AM
This is a problem EVERYONE faces

Necrobrogdon
02-08-2004, 01:07 AM
Ahh, ofcourse. Perhaps the mind(s) that made k-lite will figure out something to remedy the problem in an update

Keikan
02-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Umm no they won't. You have to know how Kazaa works

Stonecoldfreak1
02-08-2004, 01:34 AM
its a FILE SHARING PROGRAM... that means it shares FILES and that means you can share ANYTHING on your computer

Evil Gemini
02-08-2004, 02:05 AM
I find it very retarded to.

Not only do they share demos, but they also rename them and thats just sad.

Keikan
02-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Surprised this isn't moved or locked

pol
02-08-2004, 12:41 PM
DEMOS on kazaa???

Second, why do people rename there files with bogus names?

All i'm trying to say is that someone make a mod for kazaa lite to were you can only download files from people that you choose to download from.

i guess this would be better in 'general k-lite discussion' than Gameworld, cheers for reporting Keikan

moved

gildan2020
02-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini@8 February 2004 - 10:05
I find it very retarded to.

Not only do they share demos, but they also rename them and thats just sad.
we should catch once of those fellas who started it and interrogate him :angry:

gildan2020

Mad Cat
02-08-2004, 07:53 PM
They probably do it to annoy people like you.

It works if they are... :rolleyes:

Mad Cat
02-08-2004, 07:54 PM
They probably do it to annoy people like you.

It works if they are... :rolleyes:

Zedicus
02-09-2004, 12:49 AM
Here's my Take on it.
Warning, this MIGHT turn into a bit of a Rant....if it does, I apollogise.

Demo Sharing:
Either they are morons that share there entire HDD contents, or trying to take the load off of some of the demo distribution servers, or they are distributing versions with viruses in them out of mallace.

File Renaming:
Either they do it on purpose to annoy people.
or they have one share folder that they use renammed copys to pad out that also gets used for the likes of DC++ or IRC,
Many fileservers on IRC Require a large minimum share limit,
and any DC hubs that anything anyone may want require at least a 10GB Minimum Share Limit.
(one i have seen has a 200GB min share limit)

To many people online nowdays can be quite snobbish/arrogant when it comes to sharing, and many are of the openion that people have to be FORCED to share HUGE ammounts before they are allowed to download anything, which is a bad attitude to have since if you don't have anything to begin with, how are you supposed to share 10GB+ of files that you don't have?

Before dsl was finaly installed in my area (after a 4 year wait! :frusty: ) and i was stuck with 56k, i was allways being kicked off of queues because of one or both of 2 reasons, either i was to slow, or I wasn't sharing any files that "they" wanted.

Even now despite being on a 1Mb/s connection I "Still" get told by some i'm to slow and the download gets canceled (EVEN @ 200KB/s!!!!)

There are simply to many online nowdays (mostly 10yr old script kiddies) who appear to think that they own the net
(or in there lingo "I 0wnz j00 @11!")

Now i'm not Knocking people who actualy are true l33t, i'm just pointing out that there are to many little "wannibe l33t shitheads, with bullshit egos the size of russia!" who give Everyone else on the net who are into stuff like p2p, l33t/hacking/cracking a Bad Name...

Morons like the ones who will join a chatroom for no reason, say something allong the lines of "eat my shit wankers!" then immediatly leave before they are K-lined, or go through all of the Hastle of creating a bogus e-mail acc to Register on a Forum, just to simply try to start fights, say something or somone sucks, or to get themsellves banned.

If Brains were Explosives those Morons wouldn't have enough to Fart! :rolleyes:

Kwisatz
02-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Necrobrogdon@7 February 2004 - 23:56
People may be ranting about this on this board, i decided (if they are) i will join them. First off, why in the world do people share DEMOS on kazaa??? theres pleanty of websites online that can give you faster connections to get them, so why in hell would you waste time and share them??? Second, why do people rename there files with bogus names? Is it humerous or something? All i'm trying to say is that someone make a mod for kazaa lite to were you can only download files from people that you choose to download from. Yet, i can see the error in this as it would mean you would have to be tracable to get the files...... so can anyone enlighten me on any ideas on how to deal with these problems?
Hoho there is a mod for kazaa for filtering out all the bullshit sources and crap, i think the kids call it E-mule, cant you just smell the sarcasm.