PDA

View Full Version : Three New Movies That Are Instant Classics

brotherdoobie
03-04-2003, 05:28 PM
I just rented 3 DVD's that were all great movies!(freaking amazing)and watched a fourth that was also great (I downloaded it from the verifieds).

It's about time that the industry is at least making attempts at decent film making.(more so then in the past .......anyways!)

I watched Igby Goes down,Monster's Ball,and The Good Girl,(rented)
The one I dl was Apdaptation.

I like the fact that there is still some movies that make you think(about something other than how fast you can drive and how much you can fuck...lol)

If I had to pick one out of these four that I would advise you not to miss it's Apdaptation.

A beautiful movie,well acted and directed that makes you think about whats important in life.
If you liked Being John Malcovich it's written by the same screen-writer,and directed by Spike Jonze.........Again Awsome!!!!!

Peace brotherdoobie :D

dwightfry
03-04-2003, 05:53 PM
I though Monster's Ball was decent, I haven't seen the others though. You seem to know what you are talking about.

I think I will DL adaptation.

Jibbler
03-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie@4 March 2003 - 12:28
It's about time that the industry is at least making attempts at decent film making.(more so then in the past .......anyways!)
The cost of big budget films has gone thru the roof. Its not uncommon for budgets to exceed 100 million dollars, so the films must be a hit before the leave the studio. We wouldn't want another Waterworld would we?

Movies like Lord of the Rings are more of a "production" than a film. They are made on an epic scale, and filmed all at once, to be released separately. This new trend is changing the industry. Imagine how different Superman or Back to the Future would have been if they filmed all the parts in one sitting. :huh: --

Jibbler

puremindmatters
03-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Adaptation is great - the end feels a bit out of place though. Do you think that was intentional?