PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn

icantwin
02-09-2004, 03:21 AM
does anyone have any information about Microsofts Longhorn or any screen shots of it or what not

tesco
02-09-2004, 03:28 AM
check here. (http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/longhorn_alpha.asp)

but this is nothing like what its going to be like when it is finished. they still havent added in the 3d interface or the new file system (forgot teh name, i think its like windows future storage or something like that)

tesco
02-09-2004, 03:30 AM
this is some screenshots i just found of what the interface could look like, i havent checked them out too much but here they are click here (http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/longhorn_aero.asp)

icantwin
02-09-2004, 05:54 AM
thanks so much

h1
02-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Interface is Aero, file system is WFS, I think.

peat moss
02-09-2004, 06:49 AM
And probably ripe with DRM too bad tho eh? Shite well we ever have a choice ? Probably not <_<

icantwin
02-09-2004, 07:46 AM
so far it looks good to me, how bout you guys do u guys like it

Xero Grid
02-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Dude, Longhorn is like pre-pre-pre-beta. :lol:

It has a lot of work needed and I wouldn&#39;t reccommend it for daily use. I really want ot check it out, but not for standard usage. They haven&#39;t really integrated any of the new features M&#036; said they will in the future. Basically, it&#39;s a prettier version of XP. They don&#39;t even have that new miracle filesystem they are coming up with. :D

Well, I hear it has memory leak problems, but I can&#39;t confirm this. Still haven&#39;t checked it out myself. I never had the opertunity to, but now that I have VMware (http://www.vmware.com/), I&#39;ll probably check it out soon. B)

-- Xero Grid --

ajizul
02-17-2004, 02:12 AM
bittorent download get it from hawkies world do a gogle <S> log in and put in windows longhorn or longhorn and it will cameup as 4051 longhorn download that 1 :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Storm
02-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Xero Grid@9 February 2004 - 08:57
Dude, Longhorn is like pre-pre-pre-beta. :lol:
make it pre-pre-pre alfa........... its nothing yet.........

though i heard you can by it on the streets in china....... lol

and i dont really like the idea of a new file system.......... NTFS 6 orso i wouldnt mind, but i bet MS is putting some type of anti-piracy shit in there new FS :(

Wolfmight
02-17-2004, 02:53 PM
http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/lh-proto.png
He totally ripped off the "OSX" style. Lil cheat&#33; tee hee&#33;

JMK
02-19-2004, 04:11 PM
I got win longhorn beta version off of bittorrent it is alright but it is still beta but it is still pretty stable if u got bittorent u should be able to find it

mr. nails
02-19-2004, 06:32 PM
yeah, it&#39;s on BT, but why in the hell would u want a beta OS. only reason i can see getting it is if u have an extra system to test it on and that i don&#39;t. <_<

atiVidia
02-19-2004, 08:39 PM
i got my hands on build 4329... finally :lol:

all it is is an animated windows XP. if you want to make your system like longhorn, look for the longhorn transformation pack: a new boot screen
replacement of ALL winXP logos
new longhorn plex theme
the desktop sidebar&#33;
plus some others...

longhorn is nothing special, and its slow as shit with all the debugging crap in it

tesco
02-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@19 February 2004 - 15:39
i got my hands on build 4329... finally :lol:

all it is is an animated windows XP. if you want to make your system like longhorn, look for the longhorn transformation pack:
a new boot screen

replacement of ALL winXP logos

new longhorn plex theme

the desktop sidebar&#33;

plus some others...

longhorn is nothing special, and its slow as shit with all the debugging crap in it
that transformation pack would be kinda outdated because the theme is no longer plex and they changed pretty much how everything looks in build 4051...and how did you get 4329 when 4051 is the latest leaked version?

oh and btw, i also tried out longhorn and couldnt get my internet connection to work and was also VVVVVEEEERRRRYYYY slow until i turned off most of the servicces...but with teh slow speed and lack of internet it was useless too me and i formatted the partition to get rid of it.